kamikaze_rzrbak
01-31-2004, 02:25 AM
she lost to the yfz, sorry to be the one to tell you:( dont kill the messanger

Rrider4life8
01-31-2004, 04:36 AM
little behind :o

killed300ex
01-31-2004, 05:43 AM
the only thing that that proves is that yamaha paid dirtwheeles more than honda did to win the shootout. Dont beleive anything you read in dirtwheeles

CHAR250R
01-31-2004, 07:05 AM
I can't understand why people argue over which one is better. I personally think they are BOTH awesome quads. You can't go wrong with either one.

01-31-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
You can't go wrong with either one.
But you can go better with one of them,even if its the slightest bit.

Ralph
01-31-2004, 07:26 AM
but if ur not a pro level rider u couldnt make any differance out of it....

CHAR250R
01-31-2004, 07:47 AM
An average Joe (like myself) can't tell the difference.

Dunlap
01-31-2004, 07:53 AM
One thing I found disturbing was they didn't drag on different surfaces. When I started riding the Gas Gas it hit the relimiter so fast that I couldn't shift it fast enough and it has the highest limit. What I found out when I learnd how to ride it and to get the most out of it was to hold up on the shifter and as soon as it hit the revlimiter it shifted. Then that thing sounded like a pro-stock bike with an air shifter coming off the line. It doesn't matter which atv you ride and which one has the most power if you don't know how to ride. I can say if I was in that test on the Gas Gas it would have won with my fat but making it hook up and knowing how to ride it.

chad502ex
01-31-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
One thing I found disturbing was they didn't drag on different surfaces. When I started riding the Gas Gas it hit the relimiter so fast that I couldn't shift it fast enough and it has the highest limit. What I found out when I learnd how to ride it and to get the most out of it was to hold up on the shifter and as soon as it hit the revlimiter it shifted. Then that thing sounded like a pro-stock bike with an air shifter coming off the line. It doesn't matter which atv you ride and which one has the most power if you don't know how to ride. I can say if I was in that test on the Gas Gas it would have won with my fat but making it hook up and knowing how to ride it.

I know you've made it clear that you would never sell to me, but what kit do you plan on selling for the 450R? a 500?

chad

CHAR250R
01-31-2004, 10:01 AM
Does that little difference make that much of a difference between the Honda and the Yamaha in stock trim? Most people modify them anyway? M. D.- 500cc kit for the Honda? Me like.

simoniz
01-31-2004, 10:05 AM
This is like a Ford and Chevy battle.

01-31-2004, 10:38 AM
All it is, is that yamaha has softer lips:devil:

fmf300ex23
01-31-2004, 10:59 AM
it kills me that people rely so much on these damn magazines. i mean if they tell you to shove firecrackers up your ***** and eat pnut butter cause it will make your quad faster I REALLY THINK THERE WOULD BE THOSE PEOPLE THAT DO IT. laawwwdy freakn daw, the 450r lost in the shootout, you dont need to let a magazine change your opinion and especially when it comes from magazines that get names wrong from pictures at the nationals, i seriuosly feel that i know more than most of these magz (not to brag) but i feel i know more so ther decision on wether to buy the 450r or yfz is pretty much hog wash in my book, but sometimes their articles are somewhat entertaining to read what they have "now discovered" o well just my two cents.

P.S. all the other people not just yfz owners (its still up for grabs wether im buying the 450r or yfz, im waiting to see how it performs on the track so im on both sides ) but quit saying the honda isnt worthy of the yfz, its not what people expected...........how the hell do you know? i guess you have both fully modded and practiced on both quads, i mean the bike just came out and people are making it look bad because they dont know what they are talking about and also finally those people *****ing about it being a kick start.......you guys need to be riding a 300ex or something sorry if that offends anyone.

Didnt mean to go off like this but i just got tired of reading all of these b/s threads

Drew

Honda
01-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Applause!!!

Thank you Drew!

It is the Damn truth.

I wouldn't be suprised to see the new R dominate a lot of ATV racing classes this year.

Just my Two Cents!

twisted threads
01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by fmf300ex23

Didnt mean to go off like this but i just got tired of reading all of these b/s threads

Drew

Its all good, all this b/s is getting me POed to.

Honda
01-31-2004, 12:45 PM
DAaAaaaaaamn! This is gettin nasty!

Some hard feelings here guys?

kamikaze_rzrbak
01-31-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by fmf300ex23
it kills me that people rely so much on these damn magazines. i mean if they tell you to shove firecrackers up your ***** and eat pnut butter cause it will make your quad faster I REALLY THINK THERE WOULD BE THOSE PEOPLE THAT DO IT. laawwwdy freakn daw, the 450r lost in the shootout, you dont need to let a magazine change your opinion and especially when it comes from magazines that get names wrong from pictures at the nationals, i seriuosly feel that i know more than most of these magz (not to brag) but i feel i know more so ther decision on wether to buy the 450r or yfz is pretty much hog wash in my book, but sometimes their articles are somewhat entertaining to read what they have "now discovered" o well just my two cents.

P.S. all the other people not just yfz owners (its still up for grabs wether im buying the 450r or yfz, im waiting to see how it performs on the track so im on both sides ) but quit saying the honda isnt worthy of the yfz, its not what people expected...........how the hell do you know? i guess you have both fully modded and practiced on both quads, i mean the bike just came out and people are making it look bad because they dont know what they are talking about and also finally those people *****ing about it being a kick start.......you guys need to be riding a 300ex or something sorry if that offends anyone.

Drew
if you are getting so sick and tired of these threads than dont come in. i just thought some people would like to know what dirt wheels thought dont chew my *** out for starting this thread

2004lebanshee
01-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Being a banshee owner i still dont have an opinion on the two. All I know is that this type of attitude is why I dont go to ****traxx any more. There is to much arguing and to be honest the yfz owners are some of the most hippicritical, irritating people there are. It is funny that when we get in to a modded banshee vs. Modded YFZ they get pissed because they are slower in a drag.
So they retaliate by saying that it will kill a banshee on the track and thats why they bought it. Now when dirtwheels says it can out drag a new honda they cheer and arguee that it is faster at dragging then the honda. But none of them mention anything about the track.
So what I am saying is dont fallow there lead. Show them up on the track then talk **** back to them. Prove to them that "R" for track and "Banshee" for the strip leaves them cought in the middle with nothing to talk about but "dirt wheels."

chad502ex
01-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Honda
DAaAaaaaaamn! This is gettin nasty!

Some hard feelings here guys?

edited because i cant say nuttin nice

mscottiel
01-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap

mickey
can you expand a little on what you are talking about when shifting the gasgas. i am assuming you are talking about the 450. have you done anything to the motor on it? how does it work that by just holding up on the shifter it will shift automatically when it hits the limit?

thanks
scottie

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 01:13 PM
i like mickey even more now i can't wait too do business with him again. ive always had good experiences with him and expect the same in the future near future with either a 450r or yfz 450

Dunlap
01-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by mscottiel
mickey
can you expand a little on what you are talking about when shifting the gasgas. i am assuming you are talking about the 450. have you done anything to the motor on it? how does it work that by just holding up on the shifter it will shift automatically when it hits the limit?

thanks
scottie

It's like letting off on the gas and shifting with out the cutch. Not all atvs will do this such as Warriors or raptors. The Gas Gas has a good gear box in it and a real long shifter so it's real smooth shifting.
Right now it's a 463cc motor but in the next week or two it will be stroked to a 500cc.

Pappy
01-31-2004, 02:14 PM
:( make it stop

Honda
01-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Mickey Dunlap and Four stroke Tech.

That man has built some Bad *** quads in his time.

Dunlap
01-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
i like mickey even more now i can't wait too do business with him again. ive always had good experiences with him and expect the same in the future near future with either a 450r or yfz 450

Thanks,
You just can't please everyone and I don't put up with some people, If that's unprofessional to bad I 'am what I'am and I make no apologies for it. I have refuse to do buiness with anyone and he's one of them.

Pappy
01-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Mickey,

How's the gas gas tranny differ from the new trx and yfz?

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 02:36 PM
mickey,
can you let me know whats in the 500 kit for the R, and how much.i appreciate it and thank you

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 02:38 PM
pappy i see in your sig that you have 2004trxr, did you buy that also

Pappy
01-31-2004, 02:39 PM
pappy i see in your sig that you have 2004trxr, did you buy that also

yup. we went today and secured one. im in no rush for it...i told them id give them a month or so to get thier stock in. besides...the weather is so crappy i cant even ride the one i have:(

Dunlap
01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Mickey,

How's the gas gas tranny differ from the new trx and yfz?

The Gas Gas has needle bearings on everything that moves, no oil fed bushings. This is the same gear box as there two stroke.

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
i hear you. the weather sucks here also but i am still going too pick something up this week

Dunlap
01-31-2004, 02:46 PM
mickey,
can you let me know whats in the 500 kit for the R, and how much.i appreciate it and thank you

I have not seen inside of one yet, but Wiseco called me and said everything is diff. than the M/C. So I will let you know as soon as I can.

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 02:48 PM
thanks

fmf300ex23
01-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Kamikazzee you completely misunderstood me, i was just putting this in here letting all these other people know this because this was a looked at thread and it was at top and was somewhat of what i was talking about. i would be talking about you in what i said but you didnt say anything about either bike, it just happend to pertained to what i was proving, no hard feelings dude

Drew

01-31-2004, 03:33 PM
AHAHAH. All you Honda people out there been waiting for the TRX450R, thinking it was going to better than the YFZ450, but when they did the actually test on them, it sucked. And all the "Honda Loyalist" out there trying to say that Yamaha paid more money than Honda or trying to say that the rider that rode the YFZ was better than the TRX rider. The truth is the TRX450r ****ing sucks, sorry to break the news to you "Honda Loyalist" but it is about time you stop being loyalist and relize Honda sucks and there pathetic TRX wont touch the Honda, its about time you switch to blue, unless you want to ride ****ty quads. HONDA ****ING SUCKS!!! :D

sportraxrider10
01-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by YamahaRider350
AHAHAH. All you Honda people out there been waiting for the TRX450R, thinking it was going to better than the YFZ450, but when they did the actually test on them, it sucked. And all the "Honda Loyalist" out there trying to say that Yamaha paid more money than Honda or trying to say that the rider that rode the YFZ was better than the TRX rider. The truth is the TRX450r ****ing sucks, sorry to break the news to you "Honda Loyalist" but it is about time you stop being loyalist and relize Honda sucks and there pathetic TRX wont touch the Honda, its about time you switch to blue, unless you want to ride ****ty quads. HONDA ****ING SUCKS!!! :D

can you ban him please:o

Baley69
01-31-2004, 03:53 PM

But Warriors are the bomb? People (that dont race pro) that think one of these quads are going to be far above the other make me laugh. Face it there both great quads, and I'll have both of them one day :D

Guy400
01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
YamahaRider350, this is a warning. You're opinion of the TRX is welcome here as long as it is relayed in a mature and factual manner. Your response is the antithesis of this.

I do find it comical that you can have such a negative opinion of the TRX, all the while you're riding a Warrior.

MIA450R
01-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Seriously, DirtWheels contradicts itself about the 450R and the final results in that shootout several times. And Dirtwheels doesnt seem to have a clue that the 450R styling mimicks that of the CR-line of Honda dirtbikes. The styling of the R is clutch, and very unique. "exposed gas tank" and "Polaris styling" ... give me a break DW. Get a clue.

Regardless of their "results," WHO CARES. The R is an absolutely amazing quad. If you liked your 416, 430 or 440EX, you will LOVE getting an R.

BTW, kicking it is simple. Hot or cold. Usually starts within 2 kicks.

01-31-2004, 04:05 PM
I dont care what the hell I ride. I paid for it. Not somebody else, like most of you. And Warriors are better than 300EX. TRX450 sucks and is unbelievably ugly. I would never buy any kind of Honda cuz they all ****ing suck, biatch.

Guy400
01-31-2004, 04:08 PM
That, my friends, is exactly how you get banned.

remlapr
01-31-2004, 04:17 PM
I dont care what the hell I ride. I paid for it. Not somebody else, like most of you. And Warriors are better than 300EX. TRX450 sucks and is unbelievably ugly. I would never buy any kind of Honda cuz they all ****ing suck, biatch.

Seeee ya :D

I think I'm going to like this new zero BS policy :D

jarsong
01-31-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
That, my friends, is exactly how you get banned.

Thank you!
jarsong

bigcountry
01-31-2004, 06:23 PM
my dirt wheels said that the speed was the same on 450r and yfz and that 450r was much more comfortable and rode smoother than the yfz and was all around a better trail bike. they did contradict themselves alot from the feb. issue though. for ex it was a good slider and was good on the track but in the mar issue it was tippy and liked to wheelie. i believe if this was an all around shootout (track/trail) the 450r would have one

Pappy
01-31-2004, 06:39 PM
you can count on the honda being a HONDA!!! the new trx will be an equal replacement to the legendary R. it cracks me up when a 16 year old sez it wont....it makes me wanna ask how many bone stock 250r's he has riden:p

the TRX will kick some major ***, especially when the typical aftermarket upgrades are applied. infact, alot of TRX owners are going to be so happy with the suspension id say the aftermarket aint gonna be happy:eek:

the yfz lacks low end, but i think the fun part about the yfz is it rides like a 2 stroke. its just plain fun. i think the yfz will respond with better suspension and engine mods (some of which are free and easy) but i think after all the dust settles....the TRX will reign supreme.

now dont take what i say as bashing on the yammy. i just think 5 years out the honda will be the leader, but 2nd place will be so close that a tap on the brakes will get your *** kikk'd up:devil:

Hawk III
01-31-2004, 11:05 PM
no one has brought this up yet...but when last months issue came out and I sat and read it, and I seriously thought dirt wheels had their head so far up honda's a s s they could see their brain....now they totally contradict themselves with what they write this month.....if anyone calls up the after market companies, they will tell you how big of dips h i t s, the magazines truely are...just put it to rest right now, both bikes are great bikes, and I can't wait to mod my new 450r totally up...the other interesting thing to watch in the next couple of months is the new suzuki Z450...it is going to have the aluminum frame, then kawasaki will be coming with their quad shortly after that...it just makes the manufacturers work that much harder...which is good for us!!
Would anyone like to take bets that when the new suzuki comes out...it will be the greatest thing since sliced bread (according to the magazines)

lukester720
02-01-2004, 02:10 AM

I guess you haven't seen the results of the stadium races so far have you kid?

Mxjunkie
02-01-2004, 06:23 AM
If that kid with the warrior thinks its bad I'll race him on my CR80 show him what red looks like passing his yammie *****:D

87250r88
02-01-2004, 07:51 AM
I was just looking at ATV Action's January 2004 issue , the issue that has the top 20 ATV's of all time. It says that the 1986 Suzuki Quadracer beat the 1986 Honda TRX250R in a shootout. Does anyone remember how well that worked out for Suzuki and how many races Suzuki won? LOL. These magazines would not influence my decesion either way on which ATV to buy.

stamperbob
02-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Yeah i think the bottom line is going to come down to what people have grown up on and have been with for years, Honda riders are most likely going to stay with honda and same with yamaha's, Both bikes are going to have there time on the tracks, same with all other models such as suzuki and kaw also atk and Gas gas, they are all great quads and they are in it for the compitition, and after reading this forum you can tell they are right on there game.

kwatts400
02-04-2004, 01:02 PM
That shotout reminded me of the ones back in 87-88. They were all good at something, and if I remember correctly, the 250r was the best all around bike (not the best on the track). Well that seemed to work out pretty good for the 250r over the years. It's funny that they basically said the same thing about the 450r. Works for me!

jmpulse
02-04-2004, 08:58 PM
I finally got the mag, and they seen to contradict themselves. They state that it drags equil to the YFZ, but then states that the YFZ is better in straight line acceleration?! It is too bad everybody takes someones oppinion as law or something.

exrider44
02-05-2004, 07:49 PM
DW's can eat it! :devil:

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by jmpulse
I finally got the mag, and they seen to contradict themselves. They state that it drags equil to the YFZ, but then states that the YFZ is better in straight line acceleration?! It is too bad everybody takes someones oppinion as law or something.
thats what i was thinking too, thats pretty wierd, damn magazines:grr:

Honda
02-06-2004, 09:12 AM
I just read the article last night.

IT SUCKED!!!

C'mon! Hightorque publications can do a better comparison than that.

I was pretty dissapointed in the article. Not because the Honda lost either.

jmpulse
02-06-2004, 12:38 PM
It is quite sad when they are writing/testing to keep advertisers happy, instead of just saying it how it is. How can any test be taken serriously when to the question of which one is best, they say they all are, just depends on what you want in a quad!?!?!

Honda
02-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I don't know, It just seemed like they did a comparison, chopped the notes all up, only used bits and pieces of info.

O.K. They half assed it!

Honda
02-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Oh, I forgot!

Crying about the Lack of E'Start on the Honda..........PLEAaaaasssse!

Adrenalinerush
03-02-2004, 11:51 AM
wel lif ytou would pay attention to about how the yamah ahasd tranny problems then it would solve this giant prolem. who wants a quad with tranny problems. it's just the the raptor

aces high33
03-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Dear Drew,
Thank you and I commend you as I share the same beleifs on the struggle between Honda and Yamaha.

macsolocam
03-03-2004, 01:48 PM
I was wandering if anybody has their April issue yet? If you do when did you recieve it in the mail?....I have a subscription and have not received mine yet!!!

Thanks.