PDA

View Full Version : there trying to screw me, WTF???

04trx450R
01-30-2004, 10:10 PM
OK, So I know for a fact I was the 5th person to put a deposit down on my 450R, I was expecting to pick it up next friday, ( feb 6 ) So anyway, I called the dealer last night and all the sudden I am #7 on the list,,,,,,, doesn seem like much but If I am 7 then I wont get it till march 3-4,,,,,, I don't thimk so,,, I am going to give them some more money tommorow and my orginal deposit recipt from sept. 20th, I plan on proving I am number 5and having it next week,,,,,,,, wish me luck....

I posted this so all you patient guys out there,, call and check,, you never know, someone probably went in with 7 grand and said, " hey, bump me up on the list " I won't let it happen,,,,,, I have proof of when my initial deposit was put down

Sporttrax400ex
01-30-2004, 10:32 PM
im not even on a list i was gonna get a yamiha. im just gonna go buy one. i know a dealer and he said tuesday..

JOEX
01-30-2004, 10:49 PM
They are bumping you down the list and you're going to give them more money? Do you really think that's a good idea?

If you have any documentation that shows where you are on the list I would think that would be enough.

IMO nearly every dealer/salesperson will do their best to milk the customer for the most $$. I'd be looking for anbother dealer...

Joe

04trx450R
01-30-2004, 10:53 PM
I know, but I am going to talk to the sales guy that origanaly did the deal,,,, If I am not put back where I belong I will go somewhere else,,, I have @3k just as a deposit,,,,,, I should be where I belong. Its tough to go somwhere else though,,, I know these guys, I think they just don' realize who I am,,,,, Hopefully it'll be fixed tommrow

JWhite
01-31-2004, 05:00 AM
If you're willing to make the drive there is one in Essex, Vermont. It's at a dealer called Land Air Honda/Suzuki. There are no deposits on it.

gibson400ex
01-31-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 04trx450R
I know, but I am going to talk to the sales guy that origanaly did the deal,,,, If I am not put back where I belong I will go somewhere else,,, I have @3k just as a deposit,,,,,, I should be where I belong. Its tough to go somwhere else though,,, I know these guys, I think they just don' realize who I am,,,,, Hopefully it'll be fixed tommrow

where are you getting your trx450r at?

We are first on the list:D

Bill Fuller
01-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Oh they know who you are they just don't care.Like most other typical dealers the have no respect for a good customer.They probably had someone who was willing to put the full price down as a deposit.I have never meet a dealer that was worthy of my props.I have spent thousands(had spent,won't any more)at the local rip off,they don't even know my name:mad: They know there are other needy customers out there that are willing to pay thier mark up and not complain.I for one only go back for emergencies.

04trx450R
01-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Well, just got home from my dealer,,,, I ws wrong, I am number 6, He showed me the on order cards, I pt my deposit down on 9/20, the other people had theres down in august. I actually have the biggest deposit there. If 2 people out of the nex 4 don't get theres, I get mine n the next shipment, if not then it;ll be march 3rd,It happens, Hopefully though I get it sooner, the other people only have like 20 dollar deposits, I have almost 3k down already, more to come when I get my tax's back. Anyway, we'll all get ours soon enough right,,, and to ll you tha have them already,,, ride hard....

Baley69
01-31-2004, 09:47 AM
I know my dealer was helping locals first.

brif
01-31-2004, 07:30 PM
The dealer is holding a spot for someone with a $20 deposit!! Geez, if a dealer would of held one around here for that I would have put a deposit down at a couple dealers and bought from whoever could get it to me first.

dirtriderex
01-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Funny, my dealer did the same, long story short he lied a whole bunch, and switched me from 1rst to down the list and I had $500 down too:grr:

Pappy
01-31-2004, 08:12 PM
friday afternoon, i walked in the dealership to pick up my yfz. they had the TRX sitting right beside it:mad: i offered to buy both but they wouldnt due to having a waiting list. today i went back to put a deposit on one. they wouldnt accept it. they simply wrote down my name and number and said they would call when it arrived. its kinda nice dealing with people that stand by thier word:)