PDA

View Full Version : LIFE after WB CDI?

quadrider400
01-30-2004, 09:37 PM
Since I am getting rid of my WB (pos) rev limiter I wanted to make sure that there are no other brands out there made by the same Awhole....... I would also be interested to hear from those of you who changed ..... what did ya go to and how do you like it.....?

Thanks for your time

Craig :p

01-30-2004, 11:02 PM
is there really any need for a revlimiter? to me it jsut seems like it hurts ur engine more than it makes u faster. just seems like more cons than pros.

hondarider2006
01-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Jingle
is there really any need for a revlimiter? to me it jsut seems like it hurts ur engine more than it makes u faster. just seems like more cons than pros.

Yeah that is what I was kind of thinking, why would you want to make your bike rev higher than what its suposed to? wouldn't this just cause a lot more damage a lot quicker???:huh

01-30-2004, 11:47 PM
its actually for built motors that rev higher and actually hit the rev limiter in the stock form. i see what its for but i dont think id use one.

JP400ex
01-31-2004, 08:03 AM
Life after the WB CDI is much better. I live where its really cold and when i got the bike it had on of those piece of craps on it and i could not get the quad to start unless i put my salamander heater pointed about 2 feet away from the engine for about 10 minutes. I changed out to a stock cdi box and it will start at -2 degrees now with just a push of the button. its still groggy when its that cold out but i just have to feather the throttle a bit. When the wb cdi was on i couldn't even get it to fire!!!

tnine416
01-31-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by JP400ex
Life after the WB CDI is much better. I live where its really cold and when i got the bike it had on of those piece of craps on it and i could not get the quad to start unless i put my salamander heater pointed about 2 feet away from the engine for about 10 minutes. I changed out to a stock cdi box and it will start at -2 degrees now with just a push of the button. its still groggy when its that cold out but i just have to feather the throttle a bit. When the wb cdi was on i couldn't even get it to fire!!!

same here..:rolleyes:

that would be cool if the made a box that programmed your ignition curve for less than 300-400 bucks,like a $100 unit:D

RED121572
01-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Ive got an XR250 CDI. I was told is the same box as the 400EX, although it has a 1,000 rpm higher limiter on it. I used it for about a month=10 hours of riding.

I dont miss it.

Juggalo
01-31-2004, 11:53 AM
the XR250 CDI is the exact same thing as the wb cdi. wb buys xr250 cdi's and grinds the wb initials in the box and sells them as their own. stay away

01-31-2004, 03:57 PM
wow thats a good way to do business. Well i still dont think i would use one but ive never pushed a built motor so i dont know how often u hit the limiter.

quadracer12
01-31-2004, 06:36 PM
back when i had a ex i had a wb box. for gncc racing it sucked! took forever to start and when it was cold i had to pull it. i switched to a tc racing box. my starts went much better after that:)

Evan400ex
01-31-2004, 11:49 PM
I never had a problem with mine. I hear alot of people having starting problems with the WB rev boxes. I bought one from my local shop that they order for themselves. So I don't know what brand mine is, it just says there shop name.

I thought my rev box made a big difference. I used to bounce off the rev limiter when I had the stocker on there but I haven't hit it once with the new box on.:macho

Chef
02-01-2004, 01:29 AM
I run either a WB Box or Big Gun box, I dont remember at this point. Mine starts at the hit of the button, im talkin like turns over once or twice and it fires. I know this, because if it doesnt fire that quick, the battery is dead because it draws too much current. I tried running the stock CDI, and I run out of RPM's WWAAYYY too fast on my motor.