PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having PM trouble?

Quadfather
01-30-2004, 08:37 PM
I don't get email notification of private messages anymore. But when I log onto the site, I get a popup window saying that I have a PM. I go to messages, read it, and go on about surfing the site, meanwhile, the same window keeps popping up every 10-15 seconds, even though I have read the message.

Anyone else going through this headache?

JDiablo
01-30-2004, 08:42 PM
nope,its probably just you then:blah: just kiddin,idk someone else should have a problem like this but idk

brian-250
01-30-2004, 08:45 PM
huh,my box dosent pop up somtimes,someone pm me to see if it does,no funny stuff!:macho :confused:

JOEX
01-30-2004, 08:47 PM
I have the opposite problem lol!

I get the email but not always the pop up:p

Check your usercp again and make sure it is checked to receive email notification.

I have no clue about the constant pop ups:confused:

Joe

Pappy
01-30-2004, 08:50 PM
i just delete all my pm's on accident once a week:(

Bad Habit
01-30-2004, 08:57 PM
After you read the pm, are you hitting the back button to return to the main forum page? If you are, that's why you keep getting the pop up saying you have a new pm because you are going "back" to the page from when you first logged on. Try hitting the EXriders Forums link instead.

remlapr
01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
While were talking about it. The percentage meter that I guess Ben wrote doesn't work. My box fills up all the time, yet it will only say I have like 30% full on the meter. I think he is only calculating what is in the inbox vs the total amount of storage each user has availbable. This is flawed because the sent, tracking and inbox together all count towards you storage limit.

JD400exrider
01-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
After you read the pm, are you hitting the back button to return to the main forum page? If you are, that's why you keep getting the pop up saying you have a new pm because you are going "back" to the page from when you first logged on. Try hitting the EXriders Forums link instead.

That is it. Hitting the back button will pop that message back up every time on me. Do what bad habit is saying it stops that. Thats if you can remember to not use the back button. It is habbit for me.

JOEX
01-30-2004, 10:27 PM
Yea, I bet that's the problem, using the back button.

I vary rarely use the back button, I open each individual post in a new window then close it when done. I go to each section using the links.

Joe