PDA

View Full Version : CPI in-frame drag pipes?

400grl
01-30-2004, 08:13 PM
I think that is what they are called!! Anyone have these for their Banshee? I am thinking of swapping out the Toomey's for them if they will give me more all around power - I heard you can pick up some more low-end with these things.........anyone??

Atreyu
01-31-2004, 02:09 PM
They're more or less a top-end pipe..they sound nice though.

hosted
01-31-2004, 02:24 PM
They are great pipes!!! I love mine. They sound great, and if you plan on getting any motor work done in the future they will really work out well. They are more of a top end pipe though.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pa02ba385c9dd8dc55664a40c3a34197d/fa5caeb8.jpg

400grl
01-31-2004, 06:25 PM
Oh really? Hmmmmm.....I will stick with my Toomey's then.....I already have a top end pipe! LOL! I dont plan on doing any engine work really - maybe just a cool head........

Thanks for the info you guys! :)

86350x
02-01-2004, 09:27 PM
If your gonna swap pipes, get fmf knarlies. 2 into 1 pipes take away topend, and are hard to jet.

Check e-bay for a 2 into one carb setup. That would kill two birds with one stone, it would also make your thumb throttle much easier to operate(wussy:p ). I'd have jason mill your stock head, and install a aluminum water pump impellar. The stock impellar is junk, and will fail. Especially since you dune, and ride where it's so dam hot!

Make sure you don't go above 155 for compression, anywhere past that race gas is a must, and it's stressful on your lower end. might want to check out some v force reeds for better throttle response also. If I was gonna get a different head, pick up a noss. You would get it at a discount price, since your a member of the "other" forum also, and it uses the stock studs.

2 into 1 carb, fmf knarly's check ebay

Noss head, and impellar contact them directly. Your banshee would run harder everywhere except way up top. I was gonna get cpi's, but they are major leg burners. They are the best pipes for top end and peak power.

Happy hunting, good to still see you with a banshee:)

AndrewRRR
02-03-2004, 04:21 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with the other posts. My riding group is almost entirely modded banshees and everyone swapped their T5's for CPI's. They have a much smoother powerband (ie more midrange with the same strong topend) than T5's on stock or mildly modded motors, and once you get more built they really wake the bike up. They don't have the same "hit" toomeys have but because they have more mid they make for an overall faster bike. Two of my buddies were dead even on their shees with T5's and one of them switched to CPI's. The bike had a more broad powerband and he pulled on the T5 equipped bike everytime after switching.
The reason the TR6's came out is Toomey realized everyone was switching to CPIs.
I debated for a while on what to get for my shee, CPI inframes or outlaws (outside the frame drag pipes). I got the outlaws, but for a modded bike I wouldn't even bother with T5's, you'll just end up switching later.
Like 350x said, if you wear shorts a lot you might get a little warm with CPI in-frames but the power is worth it ;)
We have 3 bikes on CPI's website, www.cpiracing.com. I had my R's pipe custom made and the rest of us have their banshee pipes. I'm not sure if there is a wait right now. In the winter they focus on snowmobile pipes so banshee orders can get a little backed up.