PDA

View Full Version : jumpin question

fmf400ex03
01-30-2004, 06:34 PM
how do u know what gear and how fast to hit jumps like if im goin fot like 50 or 60 foot gap and like 12 feet in the air to make how do i know what gear to hit and how to hit the thing or do u just wing it i basically ride just wheelies and trails for wheelies i can dono handers to a 1 handed switchback high chair so if u could help me out on methods of hitting jumps and how to's that would be great.....

ramp rida 55
01-30-2004, 07:17 PM
it depends on the height of the take off the landing and the steepness of the take off

AC 400 ex 02
01-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ramp rida 55
it depends on the height of the take off the landing and the steepness of the take off
he knows what hes talkin about man, just see some pics and listen to what he tells you and you'll be all set

flyin#5
01-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by AC 400 ex 02
he knows what hes talkin about man, just see some pics and listen to what he tells you and you'll be all set

:huh he didnt really say anything to help him.

anyways... just hit jumps and eventually you will get a feel for how fast you need to hit.

JACZ400
01-31-2004, 11:40 AM
For safety reasons, if you cant tell how fast to go to jump, then I would say dont go for a 50-60 footer.

optikid123
01-31-2004, 01:37 PM
dont try a 60 ft jump for you first try, start on small ones and work up

300extreme#8
01-31-2004, 03:10 PM
it really depends on experience on jumpin,so just go jump alot of jumps and work your way up,once you get used to throwin you front end up and down and knowing how to control it and when to control it,like i've been ridn for 6 years and i've never got on a 400ex and rode on a track,and bout a month ago my friend got 1 and we went to a lil mx track not very big but has jumps with holes behind it and you have to jump them,so he told me to take off(this was when i wanted to ride it and see if i needed a 400ex or something more)so i did i went a around that track and hit every single jump out there no problem.it's all bout how good you are at makin desicions on it and you have to relize your limits of jumpin also,i've had people say that there is a jump that will never be jumped and think someone is crazy to jump,so i started up the 300 and hit it,i'm not bragging but i believe i know what i'm doin and i can throw the 4wheeler where it needs to go in the air,and to tell you the truth there is no way to explain how to jump or do anything on here by typing stuff,everyone does stuff differently now some stuff may help but it wait give you what you need .so just go jump alot &prac. until your ready