PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy!!??

greco400
01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Hey, i need to know where the cheapest place to buy elka shocks SHould i just buy used ssd elka shocks and get them revalved i need help on this! Where is the cheapest place to buy elka shocks exepct ebay Just say i bought a pair cheap of ebay where do i get them revavled at ?? please help me!

TCracin440ex
01-30-2004, 06:59 PM
ebay sells brand new elka shocks all day long for like 8 something...

01-30-2004, 06:59 PM
if your looking used buy from ebay & have the quadshop revalve them. if your buying new just buy them from the quadshop

Tommy 17
01-30-2004, 09:21 PM
i just ordered my 2nd set from the quadshop...

btw i have a set for sell

greco400
01-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Hey thanks is there website for the qaud shop i was thinking about getting used shocks off ebay but how can i tell there ssd? Well whats the best site for revaling? So i can check into it and the best deal to get it revaulved i didn't get new but i dunno

well thanks guys

bmw500hp
01-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by greco400
Hey, i need to know where the cheapest place to buy elka shocks SHould i just buy used ssd elka shocks and get them revalved i need help on this! Where is the cheapest place to buy elka shocks exepct ebay Just say i bought a pair cheap of ebay where do i get them revavled at ?? please help me!

Probably the best price would be the Quadshop. Used can save you money if you get lucky enought to find a set close to your specs...Do a search and check with member Dave400ex. Might see his post in For Sale...

He had a nice set for sale. Somebody might have grabbed them up though.. Good luck!

bmw500hp
01-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
ebay sells brand new elka shocks all day long for like 8 something...

Nothin personal TCracin but I get the feeling the guys selling NEW ELKA's on Ebay might not be as apt to work with you "after the sale" as say a reputable dealer such as Quadshop..

Many of those ebay vendors offer just about as good as service "post sale" as a street urchin.

When you see them conveniently "neglect" to give you all the details then go on to "emphasize" one or two selling points, look out!

Large print also seems commensurate with B.S.

Quadfather
01-31-2004, 08:42 PM
I just bought a set of Elkas from C&D Racing for my V Force. They showed up at my door in a week. Oddly enough, I'm still waiting on a couple of jets I ordered from them at the same time.

TCracin440ex
01-31-2004, 08:44 PM
well i kno when i get my pep zps for my 450r im calling mark baldwin

JOEX
01-31-2004, 09:27 PM
My take on buying used shocks......

I'd only buy them if they were already set up for my weight and set up, which I did;) When I was shopping around for them, the price of the used shocks can be good but when you add the cost of having them rebuilt for your own set up the price is very close to or more than buying new. I know there are exceptions but from what I saw, not many.

Joe