PDA

View Full Version : Dumont for presidents weekend????

Breyon55
01-30-2004, 05:54 PM
OK makin our first trip to dumont....

Can you guys fill me in on this place and any links to web sites......Thanks.....

brian

F-16Guy
01-30-2004, 10:19 PM
It's about 30 min from Baker. Very dusty on big weekends. The dunes are tall and steep, and most are razor-backs. It will be very crowded, and there are usually quite a few idiots, so keep your head on a swivel while you're riding. I see flight for life at least once every holiday weekend I've gone. There are sand drags and hill climb competitions, cool to watch. The dunes are fun to ride, and the view from the top at night is awesome, a sea of lights. The sand is pretty soft, and it gets a little choppy on big weekends (but not too bad). It's a lot of fun for an experienced rider, but watch out for all the new guys that buy banshees and YFZ450s for there first bike, and really watch the buggies.

DirtyGirl
01-31-2004, 04:27 AM
Dumont is great! I've only been there once but so far its my fav. Course I've only been to Pismo besides there, but we're going to glamis on pres day weekend. CROWDED!

foleyit
02-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
It's about 30 min from Baker. Very dusty on big weekends. The dunes are tall and steep, and most are razor-backs. It will be very crowded, and there are usually quite a few idiots, so keep your head on a swivel while you're riding. I see flight for life at least once every holiday weekend I've gone. There are sand drags and hill climb competitions, cool to watch. The dunes are fun to ride, and the view from the top at night is awesome, a sea of lights. The sand is pretty soft, and it gets a little choppy on big weekends (but not too bad). It's a lot of fun for an experienced rider, but watch out for all the new guys that buy banshees and YFZ450s for there first bike, and really watch the buggies.

Exactly, what F16guy. I will be there the same weekend. I'd say see you there but there are going to be a lot of people there. Watch out for the steep razors and other quads and especially sand rails.

hondaexryda
02-15-2004, 09:33 PM
dumont is tight, but the razors are killer, seems like their getting bigger and bigger, and comp seems to getting steeper too, ya, flight for life flies about couple times a day, i went pres weekend to DUMONT