PDA

View Full Version : You People are confusing me!

Got nads?
01-30-2004, 05:22 PM
I've had a deposit on the 450R since last August, and have been quite anxious while I'm waiting for it to arrive. But, I'm not sure if I want any more cause I've been reading to much crap on it from different people. That new black limited edition YFZ is begining to look pretty nice!:confused:

Pappy
01-30-2004, 05:24 PM
you arent going to go wrong with either quad.

i personally took the yfz for what it offers in pure stock form. the biggest ***** i know i will have is the chain adjustment. beyond that its a great quad.

the TRX is awesome in its own right.

like i said...you cant go wrong no matter what one you buy.

Honda
01-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Don't sweat it man!

Before I bought my new truck, all the forums and everyone kept saying how many problems Ford was having with the New 6.0 Diesel. I got real nervous and didn't know whether to buy one or not.

I went ahead and bought the truck, one year and 12,000 miles later, It's been awsome, not a single problem. I love that truck.

You have to make your own mind up, don't listen to all the negative things you read on the forums.

;)

Quad18star
01-30-2004, 09:40 PM
I'll agree with Honda .... Don't listen to what other people say . Go with what you want and like . Go test out the new Yamaha and test out the new Honda ... one bike might be great for one persons style of ridding and not appeal at all to anothers . Everyone has their OWN OPINION on what is better . Go make your own choice and not let someone else talk you into it . I personally chose the YFZ because of the availability and the price I got it for . Pretty much got a YFZ for the price of a discounted Raptor ...:D

Woody_YFZ
01-30-2004, 09:48 PM
I can't agree more with what's been said. Go with what you want. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Honda, but make an educated decision. Try to try them both out before you purchase. The CRF 450 is the most popular motorcycle out there, but I'm faster on a Yamaha, so I went with the Yami, it doesn't make it right for everyone. Make your decision and don't give it a 2nd thought.

trueblue450
01-30-2004, 11:34 PM
if you can wait...... wait till all they hype goes down on both quads. there will be a lot of bashing between the two brands until we see the one true winner, which probably will never happen since both quads will be great. as far as the chain adjustment, it does suck but i have rode mine 30+ hours and havent had to adjust it yet. but i couldnt wait for the honda so i went with yami.

but go with what you want, i owend a 300 ex and i could put that thing through hell and itd still run and perform like new. no doubt honda is great, and with this yami ive been running her hard with no problems yet. itd be a big toss up, whether you like blue or red is what it will come down to.

SGA
01-30-2004, 11:42 PM
True, go with what "feels" right for you. You'll know.

2004TRX450R
01-31-2004, 01:02 AM
what have you been hearing that is so bad? I love mine! It is sweet!

Honda, You done anything to that 6.0L yet? Those things can make some power! Shoot me an e-mail

QuadJunkies
01-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Got nads?
I've had a deposit on the 450R since last August, and have been quite anxious while I'm waiting for it to arrive. But, I'm not sure if I want any more cause I've been reading to much crap on it from different people. That new black limited edition YFZ is begining to look pretty nice!:confused: BUT BUY!:D....there..problem solved...... :p

Got nads?
01-31-2004, 10:28 AM
My brother owns a YFZ and I love that machine, evrything bout it except for the crappy frame as he is having it gusseted this very moment. I just didn't wnat to buy the same quad as hime to keep the competition alive. But first I have to see if the TRXR is a worthy component. (It should be with a different carb, and motor work, personally I think the carb is on of its biggest downfalls)

Greg Z
01-31-2004, 11:01 AM
Its not our choice to pick your quad its your choice but This is my opinion so here it is. I beleive the TRX has better overall shocks STOCK then the YFZ. I also heard some where it revs quicker then the YFZ. And the handeling is better then the YFZ.

only problems I heard was it has a light front end which can be fixed with an extended swingarm

250EXking
01-31-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
you arent going to go wrong with either quad.

i personally took the yfz for what it offers in pure stock form. the biggest ***** i know i will have is the chain adjustment. beyond that its a great quad.

the TRX is awesome in its own right.

like i said...you cant go wrong no matter what one you buy.

i was told by everyone that the chain adjustment on othe yfz was going to be very easy.:confused:

Honda
01-31-2004, 11:50 AM
This may help.

Tecate Score BAJA 1000 Results!

Tim Farr/ Doug Eichner/ John Gregory/ Poncho Castro
Machine: Honda 450R
Time: 18:27:34
1st Place Finish

Ruben Martin/ Gilberto Santana
Machine: Bombardier DS650X
Time: 19:20:33
2nd Place finish

Carmen Cafro/ Mike Cafro
Machine: Honda 400EX
Time: 20:29:47
3rd Place Finish

Shane Hitt/ Scott Callen/ Alberto Marquez/ Danny Rudd
Machine: Honda 450R
Time: 20:45:28
4th Place Finish

Alex Croswaite/ Antonio Espinoza
Machine: Yamaha YFZ450
Time 21:06:15
5th Place finish

Shane Hitts Teamate Scott Callon got off hard, had to ride 20 miles with a broken collarbone. May have finished better if that would not have happened.

Also the TRX was only Modded with an aftermarket Carb, Taller seat, aftermarket exhaust and wheels and tires. Also had some skidplates. They even used the stock suspension. That is amazing for a race such as Baja. Very gruelling terrain out there.

Eichner Stated "This Bike is everything you could want it to be." "The powerband is very usefull and very, very easy to ride. The bike handles really well."

Thanks to ATV 4-Wheel Action for the information.

2004TRX450R
01-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
(It should be with a different carb, and motor work, personally I think the carb is on of its biggest downfalls)

It really get's me the way everyone thinks that it HAS to have an FCR carb or it just isnt' anything. Who cares? The carb on the TRX is actually bigger than the YFZ. It is just of a different design. Just because it is different doesn't mean it won't perform as well. I think a lot of people on here can't see the forest for the trees.

Personally I haven't had any front end problems with mine. It wheelies when I want it to and it pulls out of the corners when I want it to without lifting the front end. It is funny how everyone jumps on the band wagon when a mag says something like it's more front end light than something else. They didn't say it was something that was so bad it wouldn't compete it was just more so than the YFZ.

roostin_dale
02-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Its a honda so im sure it will be nice. I had a down payment on my used cannondale and the day before i bought it i was reading a bunch of crap. I decided to go ahead and get it. It turned out to be AWESOME