PDA

View Full Version : Honda 450r's on the showroom floor

tinner
01-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, I got the call from my local Honda dealer. The 450r is on the floor for a couple of days...until it's owner picks it up. When I talked to him a week ago, he said they probably wouldn't be here 'til Mid February but didn't know for sure. I will take a look tomorrow.:D

airheadedduner
01-30-2004, 11:07 PM
I saw one at my dealer. Lot better looking in person. May be selling the 440 for one this summer:cool:

twisted threads
01-30-2004, 11:54 PM
JIM its nice to see you on here, man we got to figure a way to put some of you air scoops on the new 450r. :)
Airheadedduner I was the same way. I was pissed at Honda for not doing there best in building us the "next 250r" then when I seen the trx450r in person I really like the look and it feels right home when your on the seat.

Jay300ex
01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
We got ours last sunday. Went in monday morning and there was one on the floor, I took it outside and road up and down the road on it a few times, it's pretty sweet :devil: .

I will be putting them together next week my manager told me today. So that means a few things. I can study the quad pretty good, and take them for the first rides bahaha. This job just got real good :macho

QuadJunkies
01-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I saw one at my dealer. Lot better looking in person. May be selling the 440 for one this summer:cool: Ice saw one Ice Race(actually two of them!:blah: ) tonight and I look forward to seeing it MX in the next few weeks,a local rider has one .

tinner
01-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. Building a house takes up so much time. I just need to finish my barn...it has to warm up first. I am staying put for a while. Yes, I went and checked it out. If I put $$ down now, it won't get here 'til April or May. I think I can get some scoops on it too.

marksuttonjr
01-31-2004, 02:44 PM
I got a good deal on a 400EX yesterday that was traded in on the 1st one that the dealer I go to had. I have not seen one yet though because he has only ordered that 1 so far.

montyjcm
01-31-2004, 03:26 PM
I just went to temecula motorsports in socal. They had about 4 450s there. They look pretty sweet! Too bad I don't have the money.

jmoney45
01-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I went to our local dealer and they had one in stock. It was on it's way out the door but they let me out back to check it out. They had just finished prepping it. I have to say that the pics do it no justice. It looks real trick in person. I still can't stand the front lites though. The first thing I'd do is get an aftermarket hood for it.

This dealer also sells yammies and they had a yfz in stock. One thing that really seems to stand out is how much lower the yfz sits than the trx. The yfz almost reminds me of my 400 with the zps shocks on. Seems like it would handle better...Maybe I'll flip a coin to decide, or be like pappy and buy both :D

montyjcm
01-31-2004, 07:00 PM
One of the things I noticed was that the pipe was huge! I bet an aftermarket could drop 10lbs, maybe. The seat was a bit weird shaped, but it felt nicer than the yfz. You all know that though.;)