PDA

View Full Version : holeshots

JDiablo
01-30-2004, 03:19 PM
i dont know if its me but does anybody else's holeshot 2's dont hookup good in snow,i was just out tryin to ride and i couldn't turn,i got hung up in 3 inches of snow and some other stuff that is pissing me off,i guess there really only for spring,summer time with no snow:( o well,does anybody have problems liek this>

TCracin440ex
01-30-2004, 06:55 PM
nah holeshots dont do good on snow they are designed for dirt.....but if you want a tire that does good in snow go and get a paddle tire, like realtors *but you will loose hp b/c of them tires* best tire to get for snow is proally a set of stock 400ex rears

JDiablo
01-30-2004, 07:14 PM
i really dont do much riding in snow tho,when it snows the EX in usually in a million pieces and im riding my suzuki with gators so it is no problem,i figured that they were more designed toward dirt/hard packed surfaces

redroost85
01-30-2004, 07:34 PM
I hear ya man. I got the 18" MXR's still on from race season and they don't hook up too much in the snow. I really have to get it packed down before it will go. It has a ton of side bite though!:D

exatak199
01-30-2004, 07:37 PM
soft tires are the best for snow and the more lug they got the bedder;)

TCracin440ex
01-30-2004, 07:41 PM
my mxrs dont do shyt in the snow...but they are good if you want to sling big roosts because u wont catch grip

JDiablo
01-30-2004, 07:48 PM
he!! ya bro,roosts are a speciality in the snow wit holeshots,lol it gets fun to if you have a wide open area to ride in to.but ya what can you do about,my other quad is at my lakehouse so i cant ride that thing....but it needed some running time today anyway the Ex,been ran only twice in the past 2 and a half months or so