PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Tires for trails

JonC30
01-30-2004, 03:11 PM
I have just purchased a 2000 400ex and the tires that are currently on it are Turf Tamers on the Rear, and Razrs on the front. I mainly ride trails out in the woods, and would like some dependable tires/wheels that are suited for woods/trails type of riding. Also, I've seen some black wheels on some quads. Can you get any type of wheel in black or do you have to get a special type? Thanks

JSC

400EXrider77
01-30-2004, 04:36 PM
black wheels are carbon fiber but ive heard of people painting regular wheels black

roostin_dale
01-30-2004, 04:39 PM
the black beadlocks are carbon fiber and will run about $700-750 for a set...

a good set-up would be Hiper wheels and razr2's if money isnt a prob.

TCracin440ex
01-30-2004, 07:02 PM
if your not doing any serious racing....i wouldnt reccomend hipers....but if your just doing trail ridding....id suggest either razr's or holeshot XCR front and rear....

01-31-2004, 11:33 AM
i got a set of Pure Sport bandits on my 400ex when i bought it and lemme tell u these tires are great for trails. They are 6 ply and u will prolly never get a hole in them. Ive even rode it outa the woods flat when it came off the bead. But i switched to kneda klaws for mx but i still use my bandits for the trails i reccomend these.

hosted
01-31-2004, 01:55 PM
I would get some Razr's on the back, so that you have all Razr's. I like my buddies Kenda Klaws too, that's what I'm going to be ordering here pretty soon.

01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
oh i also forgot that the knda Knarly is a great trail tire. look into that too.

bmw500hp
01-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by JonC30
I have just purchased a 2000 400ex and the tires that are currently on it are Turf Tamers on the Rear, and Razrs on the front. I mainly ride trails out in the woods, and would like some dependable tires/wheels that are suited for woods/trails type of riding. Also, I've seen some black wheels on some quads. Can you get any type of wheel in black or do you have to get a special type? Thanks
JSC

All told, for a combination of dependability and value, Holeshot XCR's are hard to beat! One of the nicest features, especially if you run stock rims are the "bead Protectors". Get yourself a set of 20" rears and 21" or 22" fronts.

Razor 2's are also a consideration. If you don't mind the price and mud is a frequent thing.

Holeshot XCR's are perfect woods/trail tires! :macho

JonC30
01-31-2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks for all of the advice! Still haven't completely decided on what I'm gonna get.

JSC

BassGin3
02-01-2004, 02:46 PM
I have razr 6 ply's all the way around and they are great tires! Dependable as anything and wear pretty well too. If you go with these, the holeshots, or kenda klaw's or knarlies, ya won't be disappointed, they're all great tires so don't worry.