PDA

View Full Version : For all the Yamaha Fans!!!

Honda
01-30-2004, 12:38 PM
That new Honda TRX450R is going to look great in my garage, next to my Honda VFR, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Prelude and my Honda Weed Eater!

Got a Honda Racing banner in there too!!! LOL!

All I need now is a Honda Lawn Mower... Have to wait till spring for that......

:D

ATC83
01-30-2004, 12:51 PM
The garage is the only place your TRX is going to look good because from what I've read in the magazines it's going to get its a&& kicked on the track. Next time don't waste everyones time with useless posts.

r450rr
01-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ATC83
The garage is the only place your TRX is going to look good because from what I've read in the magazines it's going to get its a&& kicked on the track. Next time don't waste everyones time with useless posts.

man i enjoyed the hell out of this thread... he just jealous.. cause check out his signature.. he owns a yamabomber.. and he just had to open his mouth...

i am just about as loyal as u

Honda
01-30-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't think you deserve to own that 400EX!

Little Pissed are we?

LMFAO at you!

seatec
01-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Honda
That new Honda TRX450R is going to look great in my garage, next to my Honda VFR, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Honda Prelude and my Honda Weed Eater!

also need a HOnda pressure washer and Generator. Didnt Honda also make that Robot called "Asimo". hey, pick it up if you have a few milliion!

Honda
01-30-2004, 12:57 PM
man i enjoyed the hell out of this thread... he just jealous.. cause check out his signature.. he owns a yamabomber.. and he just had to open his mouth...

Let's make it Hell Here for them Yami fans!!!

:devil:

ATC83
01-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Do us all a favor and direct your hostility at Honda. Their the ones who blew it with the TRX450. I love Honda. I've owned many Hondas over the last twenty five years. I wish they would have produced a better bike but they didn't. I hope they improve the TRX in the coming years. If they do I will buy one but I don't buy anything because of the brand. I spend my money on the company that makes the best products. Right now that's Yamaha.

Honda
01-30-2004, 01:14 PM
That's not the point!

The point is this is a Honda Forum and all the Yami Owners are Flaming Honda owners on their own Turf!

Honda Blew It? They just strated shipping the Damn thing a few days ago! How the hell do you know what they blew!

Blow on these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trueblue450
01-30-2004, 01:27 PM
what are you talking about.. no ones flaming youre the one who's flaming. so just chill out and when you ride either 450 then you can enlighten us all on which one is better, but until then you dont know ####

Honda
01-30-2004, 01:30 PM
- #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -

Another pissed off Yami Owner!

Nuff Said!

tholt
01-30-2004, 01:43 PM
lol i own a 250R, i love it but i love that yamaha also, it is everywhere right now. Honda guys on the yamaha sites and yamaha guys on the honda site. both quads are good and just comes down to rider preference basically is all you can say. No need for everyone to get there feathers all ruffled over something so small.

Tim.

ATC83
01-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by tholt
lol i own a 250R, i love it but i love that yamaha also, it is everywhere right now. Honda guys on the yamaha sites and yamaha guys on the honda site. both quads are good and just comes down to rider preference basically is all you can say. No need for everyone to get there feathers all ruffled over something so small.

Tim.

I disagree with you, I don't think Honda put together a great quad. They have a wicked engine in there CRF450 motocross bike that they could have put in there quad but they had to go screw around with it so Joe trailride would have a bike. I for one am pissed of about what Honda did. As far as I'm concerend this whole release of the TRX450 has been an embaresment for Honda.

Honda
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
It may be an Embarassment, But I am done wasting my time with you Yami owners.

Got to go check out the R at my dealer!!!

See ya!!!

seatec
01-30-2004, 02:24 PM
It may be an Embarassment, But I am done wasting my time with you Yami owners.

Got to go check out the R at my dealer!!!

See ya!!!

I'd appreciate it if you dint lump ALL Yamaha owners in the same category. Thank you.:D

AtvMxRider
01-30-2004, 02:51 PM
:huh

stryker
01-30-2004, 02:54 PM
I disagree with you, I don't think Honda put together a great quad. They have a wicked engine in there CRF450 motocross bike that they could have put in there quad but they had to go screw around with it so Joe trailride would have a bike. I for one am pissed of about what Honda did. As far as I'm concerend this whole release of the TRX450 has been an embaresment for Honda.

I don't normally respond to flamers but I just wanted to add that there will be people on 450r's that will do amazing things to and on this quad just like YFZ owners are doing now. I for one will be very hard to beat once I get done tinkering with mine and I'm sure would put you in your place about Honda being an Embarrassment!!

;)

RobRacing
01-30-2004, 02:58 PM
You guys are a bunch of whinners. The main reason honda didn't build an extreme super race bike is that the joe trail rider wants it to. He doesn't need all the humbo jumbo. Honda built a bike that is in the middle stock. Meaning motocrossers can have their way with it and trail riders can have there way and the regular old guy that just wants a bad *** quad can have it his way. I think they will get more sells to the general riders than yamaha because of how they built there bike. In the end the two companies are neck and neck at everything they build or do. So yammi loyalist keep ur damn mouths shut and quiet whinning about how bad you think honda sucks because us honda funs just don't give a **** about ur two sense and the magazine editors.

Honda
01-30-2004, 03:01 PM
SeaTec,

I'd appreciate it if you dint lump ALL Yamaha owners in the same category. Thank you.

Sorry Dude!

Texasrider
01-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by RobRacing
You guys are a bunch of whinners. The main reason honda didn't build an extreme super race bike is that the joe trail rider wants it to. He doesn't need all the humbo jumbo. Honda built a bike that is in the middle stock. Meaning motocrossers can have their way with it and trail riders can have there way and the regular old guy that just wants a bad *** quad can have it his way. I think they will get more sells to the general riders than yamaha because of how they built there bike. In the end the two companies are neck and neck at everything they build or do. So yammi loyalist keep ur damn mouths shut and quiet whinning about how bad you think honda sucks because us honda funs just don't give a **** about ur two sense and the magazine editors.

I couldn't agree with you more about being in the middle. Any true racer is going to modify the h#*@ out of there quad anyway. This gives different riders the ability to go with whatever racing setup they use. And besides I would venture to guess that 90% or better that buy the 450's whatever brand are Joe trailrider. If the manufacturer's depended on "racers" for all of there sales, they would go broke!!!! And didn't Tim Farr stand on TOP of the podium last weekend lookind DOWN at YAMAHA!!!!!

Maxx_Action
01-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Err....

Rob, whos whining? All I hear are a bunch of Honda guys who got their feelings hurt because their long awaited savior to the quad industry doesn't blow the doors off the Yamaha out of the box. It has gotten so bad even Honda guys are Flaming and Bashing each other, almost worse than you do Yamaha guys. Kinda pathetic if you ask me. The TRX is a nice machine and just because Honda didn't build it to be an extension of your penis so you could say you have the biggest one on the block is no reason to go slammin everyone. Go build your quad and have fun with it.

Maxx

tholt
01-30-2004, 03:37 PM
i agree with ya Seatec, not everyone is that way. I also agree with you to 86atc, They did make it for the everyday person. There is a lot of stuff about the yamaha that also is for the everyday rider to. I have done enough work on them to see that.

Its just the manufacturers can't make a pure race quad. They have to make it for all consumers. they would lose to much business if they made it a pure race quad. That is how i see it.

It is still a good base for guys to buy and either race it or trail ride either way, you can do the same thing with yamaha if you want.

Tim.

trueblue450
01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by tholt

Its just the manufacturers can't make a pure race quad. They have to make it for all consumers. they would lose to much business if they made it a pure race quad. That is how i see it.

Tim.

hence cannondale! :eek:

Honda
01-30-2004, 04:20 PM
Cannon$$$$!

Lets see, A bad case of sticker shock and Nightmares from it's Scary lookin Plastic.

It is sad that they faultered though!

SGA
01-30-2004, 04:28 PM
I would say your post fits this catagory. Please dont be starting trouble :)

sjw1176
01-30-2004, 04:32 PM
both quads are great, its just a matter of what you like honda or yamaha. people are saying the yzf is so much faster, thats bs they are dead even in the drags, on the track both are good. the yamaha has a little more horse power but that doesnt even matter. cant wait to ride mine tomorrow...........................

Pappy
01-30-2004, 04:40 PM
i now have seat time on both:cool:

pluses and minus for each quad...neither is perfect;)

jb500ex
01-30-2004, 04:46 PM
give me more so when i go too my dealer on monday or tuesday i can say red or blue

Honda
01-30-2004, 04:49 PM
More... More...

I bet if the R was regeared a few teeth it would help it out much.

Crayfish
01-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Don't hold back Pappy, gives us your thoughts.

Honda
01-30-2004, 04:56 PM
School us Mang!

Pappy
01-30-2004, 05:12 PM
to be fair i wont comment on how either run..or handle. not until i get to throw down for an hour on each quad.

as far as erogonomics.

the TRX felt just like a 400ex. i actually hopped on a 400ex and shut my eyes. they felt identical. thats a good thing, the 400 is a comfortable quad for most anyone. it would be very easy to switch to a TRX from a 400 and feel at home immediately. the controls are typical honda.....same ol same ol. reliable and they work. the clutch felt better on the yamaha IMO....much lighter. without going into how they ride, i would say the rear shock on the TRX felt as good as could be. IMO it felt more tuned then the yfz. the fronts on the honda were a bit stiff for my liking, but this could be set up and not related to the shock.

the seat....well yamaha needs a better one:p its not bad for mx i suppose but it will be changed on mine for sure. very stiff and hard. the details on the yfz that really impressed me were the controls. factory adjust on the fly clutch and adjustable front brake lever.

ive always had trouble with feeling like the pegs were to far back on almost every quad ive had. the TRX was no different...but the yammy atleast felt a bit better to me in that respect.

the honda looks like a honda. alot of changes on the frame when compared to a 400ex,although the yfz LOOKS beefier at first glance, id say they are about equal.

id love to have been able to air them both out, but time, temperature and the fact that the owner of this particuliar TRX was due in to see it for the first time just didnt allow it. the yfz deffinetly FEELS racier when you sit on it:p it actually feels like you are sitting on a bike instead of a quad. the TRX does have a narrower seat then the 400, but the seat angle is more like that of the R and 400ex combined i felt.

more to come as we can finally get some side by side action with these two awesome quads:cool:

Team Outlaw #34
01-30-2004, 05:19 PM

lol you should of just left the civic out of it....does it make you feel special to have a civic in the garage? i wouldn't put the R next to the civic....its a insult to the R....

Honda
01-30-2004, 05:35 PM
lol you should of just left the civic out of it....does it make you feel special to have a civic in the garage? i wouldn't put the R next to the civic....its a insult to the R....

O.K.
What if I told you It was Imported from Japan, Is right hand drive, Has a JDM Integra TYPE-R motor and Transmission, Runs High 13 second quarter miles, and I have invested about 20 Grand in JDM aftermarket parts for it.

Lough all you want now!

Team Outlaw #34
01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I'd have to say its riced out then....

RobRacing
01-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Maxx_Action
Err....

Rob, whos whining? All I hear are a bunch of Honda guys who got their feelings hurt because their long awaited savior to the quad industry doesn't blow the doors off the Yamaha out of the box. It has gotten so bad even Honda guys are Flaming and Bashing each other, almost worse than you do Yamaha guys. Kinda pathetic if you ask me. The TRX is a nice machine and just because Honda didn't build it to be an extension of your penis so you could say you have the biggest one on the block is no reason to go slammin everyone. Go build your quad and have fun with it.

Maxx

Yeah yeah yeah read your quote and ask me whos got the bigger ego. I really don't give a rat *** if the honda doesn't blow the doors off the yamaha. It's just all this bull **** about honda and yamaha floating around that really gets me. Why can't we all just get along!!!! lol. I am done flaming now but i really never started.

jarsong
01-30-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by RobRacing

For the most part I've sat pretty quiet here but I think you are way off here and it's just an excuse. DOn't give Honda an out that easy. Honda was aiming at the YFZ and missed. Hands down. They should also be absolutly embarassed the way they paraded the thing around as the 250R replacement. It really does fall short, way short. I think the YFZ does replace the 250R, but not by a lot, Ive owned them both. Not to say the 450R isn't a great quad. It's just an Average quad like the z400, Raptor, 400EX, which to are all great quads.
THey messed up bigtime by 1) Not making a quad that would hands down beat the YFZ, even if it cost $500 more per copy. There is an old saying, if you build it they will come. 2) Since they had to know it didn't have the nuts to compete with the YFZ they also missed the next mark. The trail rider. No reverse, no electric start, pretty radical engine, probably a little stiffer suspension than the Z400 or Raptor.

SO where does that leave them? For this model year, in trouble. The YFZ will steal most of the market from the 450R, by 1) making it to the market way ahead of the Honda and 2) Honda has nothing but bad press from the first few shootouts. And I mean bad press. Stuff I NEVER in my life would have thought I'd hear from a ATV magazine when reviewing a HONDA. The sales they will have will be the one that BLEED honda, the loyalist.

There was a race quoted here that the HRC equipped Honda Could NOT beat a stock YFZ, I call a removed pea shooter stock since they actually probably reduced the power level without jetting from leaning it out. I'll tell you this though. If a stocker took it by 2 bike lengths a HRC equivalent Yamaha will take it by 10 bike lengths will little trouble. It this story is true, and who knows if it really is, Honday is in trouble. Gonna be a long year for Red.

The dirt wheels dyno put the YFZ 4.6HP ahead of the 450R with a slip on and larger main jets. . They didn't do the cam mod on the YFZ which takes 45 minutes and is free. It be al least 6HP ahead of it then. This is HUGE.
So in closing I'd like to say the YFZ has been putting up with smack from the future 450R owners since september and now the friuts come to bear. Funny thing is on paper, Sept 9th was it? This was all pretty predictable. So if you have either, just be happy you can even afford one of the new bike. I mean dang they are more than most of the used cars I've driven in the last 20 years.
jarsong

tholt
01-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Still like everyone has said. both very good quads just depends on your rider preference. Yeah cannondale has a pretty much full race quad but that is also one reason why there probably out of business now.

2 good quads you can setup many different ways and do lots of little things here and there to make them better. its always going to be that way.

sjw1176
01-30-2004, 07:58 PM
jarsong do me a favor read a little slower and undersand what your reading, i have all the magazines here both quads have high points and low points, big deal the yzf has more hp than the honda, what does that mean. in dirtwheels they ran drag races and both quads were even...on the track both quads did well..both quads are good and everybody has there own viewpoint...............

go back and read them again.........

jarsong
01-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sjw1176
jarsong do me a favor read a little slower and undersand what your reading, i have all the magazines here both quads have high points and low points, big deal the yzf has more hp than the honda, what does that mean. in dirtwheels they ran drag races and both quads were even...on the track both quads did well..both quads are good and everybody has there own viewpoint...............

go back and read them again.........

Don't make me go get the quotes.... They are not very flattering.
jarsong

jb500ex
01-30-2004, 08:18 PM
your right jarsong,
as a die hard honda fan i am bumming right now. we here things like the new era of domination and performance first and then it comes out and is getting absolutely killed. we should have realized when they had that private test and all the racers chose yamaha for this season after that. with the crf motor and the chassis that honda has had before their is no reason this is not the best bike. and they did go half way they . they tried too make a bike that would make racers happy with a kick start and then they tried too make the average joe happy with detuned motor and average handling. all this did was make a bike that is good at everything but not great at something. i for one never thought that i would see the day where honda didn't have the best handling quad. I am actually ashamed too be a honda fan today, i have been telling the yamaha guys for months wait you'll see and all i see is a disappointment that i have been waiting four years for. my 450r came in today and i am not going too pick it up until monday or tuesday because i am debating on buying the yamaha. and i know what some people are going too say how can you be disappointed you didn't ride it yet, but i have ridden the yamaha alot and like it and if the honda isn't as good they might have lost a customer

macsolocam
01-30-2004, 08:45 PM
I can't wait to put my R and myself up against the yfz when I have all of my mods finished!!!

jarsong
01-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by macsolocam
I can't wait to put my R and myself up against the yfz when I have all of my mods finished!!!

I hope you are a good rider. But really have fun on it and be safe. What kind of Mods you have planned? Nevermind I read your Sig.... Sounds good.
jarsong.

macsolocam
01-30-2004, 08:56 PM
its all in my signature....

r450rr
01-30-2004, 09:31 PM
yea both quads will be good i have to admit but this is hondas site and i have to give the honda props.. cause thatrs what i like and thats my opinion,,,and thats why i am doin it on a honda site... its a good quad hands down,,, going to be even better with some mods:blah:

jeepeater347
01-30-2004, 10:08 PM
These Yami Riders are just pissed cause since the the YFZ is so much better according to all of the Mags, that when they get smoked by the R they cant blaim it on their quad they'll have to blaim it on their riding ability

01-30-2004, 10:27 PM
I recently went to Pismo Beach and struck up a conversation with one of the rental guys. During conversation, I asked him why he didn't rent raptors. He said that they had purchased a couple to rent but the frames broke and the engines wore out too quickly. I think this says it all. :blah:

r450rr
01-30-2004, 10:39 PM
like i said honda is a good reliablle brand and thats why i am brand loyal... cause they have never let me down... heck my fourtrax 300 4x4 is almost to reliable.. sometimes i want things to tear up on it just so i can have something to do... the only thing i have ever had problems with is them damn bearings...

but anyways... i love the new TRX450R i give them props for it... i am second on the list ,, an i cant wait,,...and this is a honda site so i post freely and shouldnt recieve any crapp about my opinion... so thanks .. i love this site and this brand,...( a loyal satisfied customer):cool:

01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
My best friend just bought a Preditor. After beating several yamadogs, they switched bikes and he said the suspension was worthless!