PDA

View Full Version : TRX450 vs CRF450

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 09:43 AM
does the power of the trx compare to the crf's? has anyone ridden both? i was just wondering becasue my buddies crf over powers my 416 by a whole lot....and some ppl are saying the 440's have the same power as the 450's...

so i was just wondering how the crf and the trx450 compare in power.

if its anything like the crf im getting one for sure.

Nick

400extracc
01-30-2004, 04:06 PM
from what i have read the power is not the same. the power from the crf450 dirbike motor has more hp, revs quicker, and longer. however, the crf450 motor was not ment for a quad. this means the tranny and clutch will not last as long.
but i do like they way those dirkbike motors rev!!!!

Got nads?
01-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Nothing to do with CRF:
I used to own a 440EX, and I say that if the 450R is even close in power to a YFZ, then there is no way a 440 is going to keep up with it. But maybe i'm nutz. Got nads?

Scottie Mac
01-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Think of the TRX as a castrated CRF motor. lol

Sorry, couldn't resist. The TRX has a different bore and stroke and uses VERY few parts from the CRF. Basically, other than both having a single "Uni cam" and being almost 450ccs, they are very different motors. But, look at it this way, the CRF motor is a BIKE motor and not really built or intended to be a quad motor. This new TRX motor IS a quad motor, and after soem time when the aftermarket get s ahold of it, will end up being a very nice powerplant.

I wouldn't let the fact that it is not a CRF motor keep me from getting one if I was in the market for another machine.

Scott