PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal???

hsr
01-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Everybody is ready to jump ship on the 450r already b/c the yfz will beat it 1 or 2 bike lengths in a 200 yard drag strip, who cares if the yfz is faster? Lets just say it is faster...just HOW MUCH faster is it? When it comes right down to these caliber of high performance machines rider ability will go so much further than 1 horsepower here or 1/2 horsepower there. This IS supposed to be a racing quad, isn't it??? It's to bad that the Honda isn't faster stock for stock , but robots aren't going to be riding these things...the faster rider you are, the faster your machine is going to be...i don't care what your riding. :confused:

exatak199
01-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by hsr
Everybody is ready to jump ship on the 450r already b/c the yfz will beat it 1 or 2 bike lengths in a 200 yard drag strip, who cares if the yfz is faster? Lets just say it is faster...just HOW MUCH faster is it? When it comes right down to these caliber of high performance machines rider ability will go so much further than 1 horsepower here or 1/2 horsepower there. This IS supposed to be a racing quad, isn't it??? It's to bad that the Honda isn't faster stock for stock , but robots aren't going to be riding these things...the faster rider you are, the faster your machine is going to be...i don't care what your riding. :confused:

well said

LostCause439
01-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Not this **** already! I dont think its that big of an issue, both of these quads are great in there own way, Wether you ride blue or red thats your preference but lets not get into a bashing war here.

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 05:22 PM
any one with 1/2 a mind knows that the same rider will put out the same lap time on each bike over and over...

4fiddyR
01-29-2004, 05:24 PM
I too think both quards are awsome. Both got legit wins already, and there are many more to come for both.
Hats off to both Yammy and the Honda people. :)

jb500ex
01-29-2004, 05:44 PM
you got it wrong it not the speed it's the ergo's and handling. hondas have never been the fastest, but they always took corners and everything else better, and that is no longer

Hammer trx450r
01-29-2004, 05:52 PM
and how do you know that is no longer?

Sporttrax400ex
01-29-2004, 05:53 PM
i think we should i do what the one guy said. if everyone thinks theres is so much better than there go to the track and find out. its not all about just speed. its not just speed. its 5%quad 95% rider. just whatever your more comfortable riding is what im picking there both good 450 both got good suspenion some places ones bettr than the other. but its what you like. its more rider than quad. ive took yfz450 on an a 400ex with stock a arms and a 416kit just cause they werent that fast of a rider. ive got beat by them to. no argument needs to be going on just take it to the track and argue on your rider skills..

Sporttrax400ex
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
0o ya i think 2many people are influenced on what people think to. its you riding the quad. not that person. so go what you like not everyone else.

jb500ex
01-29-2004, 06:00 PM
i'll know this weekend

trx11t
01-29-2004, 06:23 PM
In the new ATV Action they said it didn't matter who was riding the YFZ was the fastest around a course. Pro level or beginner the YFZ was almost a second a lap faster.
So yea a better rider might be able to beat a slower rider but that same better rider would absolutely smoke the same level rider on if he was riding the YFZ over the TRX, if the 1 second a lap is legit.

Sporttrax400ex
01-29-2004, 06:30 PM
i bet you if you raced more than one lap one wouldnt be out front the whole time. it would go back and forth. i will bet you on that.

jb500ex
01-29-2004, 06:32 PM
you can only hope

Sporttrax400ex
01-29-2004, 06:33 PM
0o ya if the yfz is so fast like that it ant doin that with the pros on it.. its getting beat by a suzuki and honda once. so your pro rider theory is way off. its all in the rider not the so much the quad. ur tryin to make it sounds like all the quad. it ant that way on the races if uve beeen watchn trx and yfz both got beat by a z400... the yfz wins then honda. great competion between them all.

jb500ex
01-29-2004, 06:39 PM
you want what will help you the most on an even playing field. you might beat someone on a 300ex because you are a better rider but you don't want too race a guy just as good as you on a 300ex. everyone has bad races my theory is i want whatever i can ride the best. so if i have too switch brands because i feel honda let me down i think i'm prepared too do that

Scottie Mac
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
It is COMPLETELY IGNORANT to say one quad is better than the other because some pro rider won on one particular brand. The quads those guys are riding are as far from what the average person will ever have as you can get. Secondly, in the pro class, the riders have SOOOO much to do with who wins what.

As for thr ATVAction shootout, if every one from the novice to pros all had a second per lap quicker time on the YFZ, that is a HUGE advantage over a 10 lap race. Again, this is stock vs. stock. When you drop 7gs into one, the story may change, but stock for stock, the YFZ is a better race (mx) quad.

BUT, the TRX has a softer seat :)

Scott

PS
All you HOnda guys will LOVE this... in the first 250 class shootout in 1986, the LT250 beat the TRX250r!

I think the TRX250r went on to be an OK machine.....

r450rr
01-29-2004, 07:36 PM
it proves that no matter what anyone says... its the test of time that really makes a quad

exrider44
01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
I like reliablility myself:blah:

Greg Z
01-29-2004, 08:32 PM
guys you gotta remember the 250r Wasnt the fastest stock either... but It killed things on the track and still does today!

thats why we never see LT250'rs or Tecates and they were both faster then the honda 250r;)

granticimo
01-29-2004, 08:34 PM
I think that the honda and the yamaha will be switching wins all season long. As far as novice riders not putting much cash into their bike, then yamaha might be a little faster. Who is going to keep their bike stock? Anyone who races is going to be putting some big cash in both of them.