PDA

View Full Version : YFZ vs. TRX

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 04:33 PM
**No helmet, no pic**

After draggin on the blacktop about 5 times, the YFZ was ahead about 2 bike lenghts 1 time, between 1/2 bike and 1 bike length 2 times, and were pretty much dead even 2 times. The YFZ is all stock with baffle out. The TRX is all stock with HRC kit only.

Basically guys, if you don't mind kicking...pick your color...IMO

No videos...pics only
Click here for the whole picture album for the races (http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4287848427&mode=&idx=0)

LostCause439
01-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Cool, I Like both quads but im gettin a YFZ, Ive heard nothing but good things about both quads from riders. , I dont wanna sound like an ******* but where is the helmet on the kid with the YFZ (not to smart)

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 04:41 PM
dude, its ok...we live outside the city limits and the gay treehuggers cant do crap

LostCause439
01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
oh no its not like that, i hate treehuggers lol, just alot of serious injuries result from no helmet, Im just saying though, but nice pics mind if i post one of them on another site

Honda
01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
The R will be faster once it is Broken-in and things loosen up a bit.

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 05:01 PM
...:rolleyes: we will see

exatak199
01-29-2004, 05:07 PM
and how do we know how hard the guy on the 450r was trying? and the yfz couldnt be that farr ahead :rolleyes: the only way to tell wut one is faster is to have a video or to se it on real life\
A HRC450r would smoke a yFz look at timmy on his 450r even look at when the crf450 dirt bike came out and all the guys switched over to the crf engine from the yz450f engine.

that yfz os moded or the guy onthe 450r was babying it:rolleyes:

Crayfish
01-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Seems about right. A few extra hp's = anywhere from 1/2 to 2 bike length advantage. On another forum you mentioned that you thought the TRX was not jetted right. Did you guys use the stuff that came with the HRC kit? question aimed at bunkerking

Honda
01-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Maybe it was just the weight diffrence from not wearing a Helmet!

:eek:

LostCause439
01-29-2004, 05:12 PM
I can see where this is going! :eek2:

hndabestonearth
01-29-2004, 05:16 PM
I didn't realise so many people owned 450rs already! I want to see some video footage right away!!!:devil:

Honda
01-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Of course he post the Pic with the Honda Losing!

It's a damn Conspiracy!!!!!!!!

You'd think Yamaha Paid a bunch of people to post Anti-R propaganda!

:cuss:

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 05:20 PM
ok come on...im trying to be honest and tell you how it went and yall are like "well what if blah blah blah...lets take his helmet off! better yet... lets freeking strip it plasics, breaks, subframe! come on man loose every pound you can!!"

now get real. if you had a 450r, would you want a yfz beating you?!? thats what i thought. beleive me, its not babied. like i said a million times already:

the TRX is all stock with everything that the HRC kit comes with. That is the airbox, end cap, and #185 main.

the YFZ is all stock with the baffle out. All stock jets, no cam mod, and the lid is on.

adema
01-29-2004, 05:21 PM
bunkerking im just sayin not to start any conflicts against anybike because it isnt always the bike

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by adema
bunkerking im just sayin not to start any conflicts against anybike because it isnt always the bike

dude, read...

Basically guys, if you don't mind kicking...pick your color...IMO

Crayfish
01-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks Bunkerking,

To be honest I am surprised that with the HRC kit it did not beat the yfz, atleast once.

Honda
01-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Come on Mang!

We just Jealous that's all!

:p

At least you smart enough to wear your Brain-tector!!!!!!!!!

matt400ex
01-29-2004, 05:30 PM
*cough* cam mod *cough* :)

desertratt45
01-29-2004, 05:33 PM
both bikes are good! the yamaha is more mid/top end and the honda is more bottom to mid. its always been that way from those manufactures.

jarsong
01-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Honda

With just the lid off??? Good lord wait till he pipes, jets and cam mods it. It will be 10 bike lengths ahead.
jarsong

hndabestonearth
01-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Not to make excuses, but maybe a break in will help the 450r do better. If not, ok, who cares. After break in you should give it another try. Get some shots of it wasting that z400 too.

400ex4ever
01-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bunkerking217
the TRX is all stock with everything that the HRC kit comes with. That is the airbox, end cap, and #185 main.

If this is all that came in the HRC kitt then you got ripped. Where is the CAM.

Another question, Did they switch bikes to see who would when? The YFZ rider might be a much better rider for all we know. I am not trying to bash the YFZ because it is one bad *** bike but the 450R is just as bad.

macsolocam
01-29-2004, 05:42 PM
I guess I will through my change in.....

First, I finally opened mine up today, and I am very disapointed in the trx in stock trim.!!!!!

I believe the drage test. I have rode both quads and I knew when I opened it up I would be in trouble with a stock yfz.

Now, the HRC kit.....It will help the quad out but I still think the yfz will have the advantage.

The stock yfz pretty much comes off the show room floor maxed out and the trx does not.

I will be adding the 03 crf cam and fcr carb with a 13:1 piston when one is built.....I think only then will the trx out perform the yfz.

Not trying to discourge anyone on the trx, its just what I thought the bike felt like to me.

I will be riding with a buddy of mine that has the hrc kit this saturday and we will compare stock vs. hrc kit.

jarsong
01-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by macsolocam
I guess I will through my change in.....

The stock yfz pretty much comes off the show room floor maxed out and the trx does not.

I'll have what he's having..... :rolleyes:
If you think the YFZ comes maxed out stock, you've been under a rock.
jarsong

macsolocam
01-29-2004, 06:09 PM
With a exception of a PISTION.......sorry to leave that out.

Pahrump
01-29-2004, 06:19 PM

And, cam-mod, pipe, the stocker is hella quiet and restrictive, and jets, stock jetting is waaayyy lean. all normal things that everyone does.

I think that these bikes will be very close, and that being said the better rider will win the race, and at the track for sure.

But we will see what a 450R has for me at Dumont over Pres Day weekend.

:devil:

AlaskaSpeed
01-29-2004, 06:32 PM

YFZ comes pretty maxed out stock? LMFAO! Why can't you people just be real about the fact that the YFZ is a great quad with a ton of potential? I have never owned a quad that responded to just a pipe, filter and rejet like the YFZ did. Add in the cam mod and not many people will even think about needing a piston. JIM

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
If this is all that came in the HRC kitt then you got ripped. Where is the CAM.

Another question, Did they switch bikes to see who would when? The YFZ rider might be a much better rider for all we know. I am not trying to bash the YFZ because it is one bad *** bike but the 450R is just as bad.

sorry, i forgot about the cam. the cam is in it and yes they did switch bikes.

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by matt400ex
*cough* cam mod *cough* :)

pleasseeee read the whole post man. i didnt think something like this would make everyone just lose it. calm down and read the whole post. :cool:

Guy400
01-29-2004, 07:11 PM
I removed the pic because one of the riders wasn't wearing a helmet. Check out Rule #4. Sorry about removing it but that's always been our rule.

01-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh, wait the TRX will smoke the YFZ when you break it in.:rolleyes: The YFZ also MUST have the cam mod and a 470.:rolleyes: you guys need to except the facts that the YFZ is faster than the TRX in STOCK form. I am not flaming, i am stating the facts. I have a YFZ and i am very excited about the TRX. I really want to ride one and see what it feels like. And i am sure it will come down to what color you want ect. just my .02

Bunkerking217
01-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I removed the pic because one of the riders wasn't wearing a helmet. Check out Rule #4. Sorry about removing it but that's always been our rule.

sorry....

LostCause439
01-29-2004, 08:07 PM
I also think both quads are very good in there own way, somethings are alaways gonna be better on one and not the other , otherwise why have different manufacturers!? Anyway if your not happy with something on your bike wether it be YFZ or TRX put some aftermarket stuff on to make up what you think it is lacking.

400ex4ever
01-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by LostCause439
I also think both quads are very good in there own way, somethings are alaways gonna be better on one and not the other , otherwise why have different manufacturers!? Anyway if your not happy with something on your bike wether it be YFZ or TRX put some aftermarket stuff on to make up what you think it is lacking.

I couldn't agree more. They are both at the top of the hill. Just pick a color and enjoy the ride....

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:03 PM
yea right. not!!

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:06 PM
looks like you need to stock up on some kleenx you will be needing them. your the one with all the excuses when someone drags you and you loose. get over it. their both great quads.
Originally posted by exatak199
and how do we know how hard the guy on the 450r was trying? and the yfz couldnt be that farr ahead :rolleyes: the only way to tell wut one is faster is to have a video or to se it on real life\
A HRC450r would smoke a yFz look at timmy on his 450r even look at when the crf450 dirt bike came out and all the guys switched over to the crf engine from the yz450f engine.

that yfz os moded or the guy onthe 450r was babying it:rolleyes:

r450rr
01-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by anthony7
yea right. not!!

honestly say if u get the 450r today and ride it normal. and a month from now u raced a brand new freshly started up 450R... you would beat it because yours would be broken in..

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:09 PM
thats pretty good! i think the yfz had the better side of the road also you forgot to mention the weather was better on his side of the road. and perhaps the wind was on his side and not the 450r's
Of course he post the Pic with the Honda Losing!

It's a damn Conspiracy!!!!!!!!

You'd think Yamaha Paid a bunch of people to post Anti-R propaganda!

:cuss:

r450rr
01-29-2004, 11:15 PM
man u got major problems let it go ralphy!!!!

man its over there both great quads u have 8 post an all have been doin is bashing the 450R ... there is a site called bluetraxx or yfz central or something where u can go express ur jealousy an everone will agree with you...but if u dont have anything to say good,, sTFU you TROLL!!!!!!! TROLL!!!!!!! TROLL!!!!!!!

TROLL!!!!!!!

u can really tell you own a YFZ it shows buddy... your on the wrong site

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:21 PM
you need to learn how to read i said thier both great quads no matter how maney post i have. just accept the facts and quit whimpering about it. and i am not bashing the 450r i happen to like honda. it just simply is not the faster quad i did not say it was not better or worse so quit your crying and go ride your moped.
Originally posted by r450rr
man u got major problems let it go ralphy!!!!

man its over there both great quads u have 8 post an all have been doin is bashing the 450R ... there is a site called bluetraxx or yfz central or something where u can go express ur jealousy an everone will agree with you...but if u dont have anything to say good,, sTFU you TROLL!!!!!!! TROLL!!!!!!! TROLL!!!!!!!

TROLL!!!!!!!

u can really tell you own a YFZ it shows buddy... your on the wrong site

r450rr
01-29-2004, 11:30 PM
notice the signature... no moped on there ... havent owned one of them

but ralphy!!!
quit bashing what people say about honda this is a honda site.. sp you are going to get those kind of opionions...

u contridicked yourself then, cause you say their both great quads but all you talk good about is the yama,,, there is a site for that , so go there..

Desert, woods, track—the all-new TRX450R doesn't care where it's going to dominate. It just will, thanks to its incredibly potent package featuring a CRF450R-derived engine and Pro-Link suspension. Quite simply, there has never been a higher-performing sport ATV anywhere.

hah!!

r450rr
01-29-2004, 11:33 PM
have you rode a 450R or a YFZ .. if you have rode them at seperate times then that dont matter only if u have raced one or the other... and switched ... an have proof... are u allowed to voice a opinion that matters...

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:42 PM
[

u contridicked yourself then, cause you say their both great quads but all you talk good about is the yama,,, there is a site for that , so go there..

how do you figure??? just because i talk about the yama and say that their both great quads is not a contrAdiction. what they teaching you up there.

anthony7
01-29-2004, 11:45 PM
ok you win. go to the first post and click the link. im done with this for the time.
Originally posted by r450rr
have you rode a 450R or a YFZ .. if you have rode them at seperate times then that dont matter only if u have raced one or the other... and switched ... an have proof... are u allowed to voice a opinion that matters...