PDA

View Full Version : YZF450 a-arms

markk
01-29-2004, 11:40 AM
a couple of day ago, my buddies and i where riding, and a freind of ours, has a new yamaha YZF450 and he crossed a creek crossing, and when the hit the embankment on the other side it jolted him a little but nothing tearble at all! we we stopped and where talking a couple of minutes later, and somone noticed that his bottom left a-arm had creased major right where yamaha buts and dumb bend in stock a-arms to make them look good!

so he called up a local dealer, and they where not gona help him out at all, we after a long time on the phone, they got one paid for from yamaha, but i was just wanting to know if a a-arm has bent on anyone elses YZF!!!!

yamaha (BLAAA)

cdalejef
01-29-2004, 11:46 AM
There has been problems with the lower arms bending on the YFZ!

seatec
01-29-2004, 12:08 PM
i have heard about 3 poeople that have bent their a-arms.

norrisboat
01-29-2004, 12:32 PM
wow... that post was kinda tough to read. My advice would be to use a spell and grammar checker before you try to post again. That way more people will understand your post and they will respond to it.

jdpdave
02-19-2004, 10:47 AM
THAT BEND WAS PUT IN THE A ARMS TO RELOCATE THE SHOCK MOUNTING POSITION. IF IT WAS STRAIGHT, YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUT THE BOLT THROUGH. PLUS THE STOCK ARMS ARE MADE OF .065 MILD STEEL.(NOT 4130).

Pappy
02-19-2004, 11:39 AM
yep, i fully expect to bust up an a arm on my yfz. this quad was made for the mx track:devil:

hsr
02-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
yep, i fully expect to bust up an a arm on my yfz. this quad was made for the mx track:devil:

If markk is right...That's the part that worries me...they're bending on creek crossings, how are they going to hold up on the track? Man this YFZ450 is awesome but i hate when small problems like this are happening to them. From past experience, the first thing to bend upon hard impact has been my tie-rods, but i know it all has to do w/ how hard you hit something, where you hit it , and in which direction. So many factors can affect how something bends, but I've absolutley slammed stuff before w/ out any problems. Hopefully only certain batches of a-arms are weak???