PDA

View Full Version : whats the BEST clear coat ??

QuadJunkies
01-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Just got a new set of fenders and new stickers. I wanted to make sure they stay looking good and shiny for a long time.....Whats the BEST product to buy thats a clear coat? Preferably something I can buy locally......Thanks! :)

QuadJunkies
01-29-2004, 09:19 AM
stupid Camera ...:mad:

mustang
01-29-2004, 01:28 PM
I could be wrong but from posts on other sites and stuff ive read atv type plastic is not very paint frendly

AC 400 ex 02
01-29-2004, 05:47 PM
First you would have to scuff it up with a scotch pad so the clear has something to adhead to, then you would want to by a catalyst(hardener) that is flexible to mix with the clear. I dont know how long it will last. I paint cars in shop class and bumpers on cars I use a flexible catalyst to prevent cracking if someone bumps into something. Sometimes plastic on a quad flexs alot, might be more than the clear can handle. I wont tell you it works, its kind of up to you if you want to try. Hope this helped a bit.

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-29-2004, 06:16 PM
honestly, i would leave them be.

fasterz
01-29-2004, 06:29 PM
someone on here said that they coated them with a clear and they held up awsome try doin a search or hope the guy finds this thred, it was a red 400ex im 99% sure, but theirs also like 1 million red 400exs in this world lol

Pvt. Maggot
01-29-2004, 06:39 PM
try that krylon fuzion..they make a clear coat i think..soposed to work good..i was thinking about trying it out. :)

spincr4hire
01-29-2004, 07:23 PM
the fusion works good, but still scratches off. but with just clear-coat it may work fine, has to be better than nothing at all on it.
QJ, you can also look into buying some clear number plate background sheets, and covering up 'high-traffic' areas with them.
Dennis Kirk sells 3 sheets (12"x18") for $13.99

mustang93
01-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
try that krylon fuzion..they make a clear coat i think..soposed to work good..i was thinking about trying it out. :)
Junk and not gas resistant stay far away!!!

QuadJunkies
01-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
the fusion works good, but still scratches off. but with just clear-coat it may work fine, has to be better than nothing at all on it.
QJ, you can also look into buying some clear number plate background sheets, and covering up 'high-traffic' areas with them.
Dennis Kirk sells 3 sheets (12"x18") for $13.99 Now., THATS a great Idea!:blah: . I was just hoping for something you sprayed on that was a clear coat just for a protectant to make the stickers stay on better and protect to last

brandonpeake
01-30-2004, 07:03 AM
the fusion can be put on in layers like normal spray paint,i put it on my radiator guard on my banshee and it worked ok, but thats not a high risk area ,but it chipped more than i liked but i know a guy with a 300 fourtrax and he did his whole bike black and its holding up good