PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin guys and others...

89'350RX
01-29-2004, 07:11 AM
There is a Northern county in Wisconsin that is trying to BAN ATV's from using trails in their county. One of the Milwaukee Journal editorial writers is in support of this and is spreading the word that they should VOTE YES to ban them. We are trying to bombard this guy with e-mails telling him to not write such one sided editorials. The local community and officials want ATV's up there to bring in more money since they are hurting with lack of snow.

Here is a link to his latest article (once on that page, see related stories to bring up the original ones). If you have a minute, tell this guy your two-cents worth and help support our sport.

Thanks

Click here to read his BS comments (http://www.jsonline.com/dd/destmid/jan04/201839.asp)

And another link (http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/jan04/202158.asp)

WOW, I see they must have really been bombarded as they are now asking you to fill a form (sometimes) before reading the article.

Here is his e-mail address (Dennis)

dmccann@journalsentinel.com

speedy400
01-29-2004, 03:21 PM
BUMP:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: -darren

flyin#5
01-29-2004, 03:26 PM
that would suck. i have a cabin not to far from there. this guy is stupid. atv haters (treehuggers) are just pathetic. they close down good trails and then expect us to not ride in ditches and stuff like that? :mad: :grr:

tinner
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Bump. Yes, this writer probably never leaves his desk. If he does leave his desk it is to hug trees in the summer time. There are people like this everywhere (one- sided & opinionated) trying to bring the sport down that they have never even given a chance to try. This latest article is an Vilas county. Thanks for posting this topic Jeff.

alberndt
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Better not be Langlade county or I'm going to Milwaukee to beat this guy's ***

HE IS THE ONE WHO IS THE BALLICKER!!!

JUSTINcredible
01-29-2004, 04:02 PM
we went riding up by the grantsburg, danbury and siren area last spring and thos were some nice trails. the way the winters have been latley i cant see how they would want to ban ATVs because they sure out making much on sleds anymore, most of it is coming from ATVS

89'350RX
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Tinner....no problem ;)

No this is not Langlade county...Vilas county (Eagle River, Minoqua, Presque Ilse etc).

The best quote someone told this guy was:

"You are a clueless idiot. If you want peace and quiet, lock yourself in the bathroom."

Toadz400
01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
:grr: The guy should actually give the two sports a try, since he's never been on either of the machines....I hate people who diss something they know absolutely NOTHING about and haven't experienced it for themselves.

Btw- where is everyone from? (that's from Wisconsin)

89'350RX
01-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Waukesha area

We ride Hurley area, BRF, Clark county and some of the tracks, Dyracuse, Arkansaw etc :)

01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I live a half hour away from green bay, anyone live close to me?

That guys an idiot, he aint gunna ban anything.

foxracingpredat
01-29-2004, 09:16 PM
wat trails r those exactly...do they include park falls?
i hate that guy:mad:

89'350RX
01-30-2004, 04:56 AM
The deal is, Vilas county ALREADY has established snowmobile trails up in that county. Due to the last four Winters being POOR snow conditions, the local establishments are hurting for cash. The local county officials, businesses, ATV clubs etc came up with the idea of opening up the snowmobile trails for YEAR round use to ATV's. These idiots found out about it and decided that it is only fair that the LOCAL property owners vote on it to decide.

Funny thing is, most other things get jammed down our throat without any voting rights (Miller Park is a great example). Hopefully there are more people for opening the trails than are against.