PDA

View Full Version : You Dream It I Build It. You Ride It.

AIRclarksville
01-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Listen up. I just finished Project Honduki or Suzonda. Whichever you like better. 400EX frame powered by Suzuki 500 crotch rocket motor. Its killer. Its insane fast and someone will get hurt on it. Thats why I like it. Its dangerous and exciting. The big sick nasty. It took me 3 days to get it done and the plastics fit back on and the high and low beams work. I plan on racing it at the local 300 foot sand drags. It has exhaust and a horn. All electronics work. Kill switch, electric start, all that. I think I could make some money making these things. For instance, if you have a frame you wont done by me, tell me the motor you want and I'll do it. Or if you have a motor and you like the Banshee look I could do that too. I could make a Hondasaki or a Kawazuki or a Polarazuki. No two bikes would be the same. If you think this idea might work let me know and throw me some ideas.:eek2: :devil:

supermans400ex
01-29-2004, 12:20 PM
lets see some pics

Tommy 17
01-29-2004, 12:22 PM
u'll sell one or 2 a year... noone wants to build a quad they can only go in a straight line with...

nipps85
01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
There is a reason for the difference between a quad engine and a bike engine. Bike engines almost always make more power than the "same" quad engine. The bike is sitting on one big spring, so engine vibration doesn't destroy the bike. In a quad, engine vibration will destroy the frame in short order.

Good luck.

Samson
01-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by nipps85
The bike is sitting on one big spring, so engine vibration doesn't destroy the bike.

Please elaborate. Type slow. I'm stupid. ;)

AndrewRRR
01-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by nipps85
There is a reason for the difference between a quad engine and a bike engine. Bike engines almost always make more power than the "same" quad engine. The bike is sitting on one big spring, so engine vibration doesn't destroy the bike. In a quad, engine vibration will destroy the frame in short order.

Good luck.

That's true of single cylinder dirt bike engines, they have no counterbalancer. Street bike engines are different. My Lt250 has a GPZ600 motor out of a Kawasaki Ninja. It vibrates less than my banshee (and much less than my R).
I don't know about selling them. I thought about doing it for a while but I think the market is pretty small for those.

brandonpeake
01-29-2004, 01:07 PM
depeds on price
i disagree with the noone wants a quad for just a strait line
i know alot of people that only drag race their quads mainly banshee but several kfx400 and 400ex's and these all race at the 1/8 of mile car drag races
so i think it depends on your area , like i think alot of those people dont have alot of places to ride and i know most of them wont climb any hills so they like the drag race

the funniest thing i saw one night a guy on a 400ex, i wish it would have been something different, was running his mouth and when he took off it stood up and he got smoked by a rincon!

Glow Plug
01-29-2004, 01:21 PM
I don'tthink you would sell alot of them maby 1 or 2 a year like tommy said, Drag bikes aren't really that popular unless you live inthe sand :)

AIRclarksville
01-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Well lets think a sec. In order to have a successfull busines you have to have a product, customers, and the customers have to want your product. Now not always do the customers really want a product. You can make them think they do. Either way they have to want it. I think these things are a blast. A lot of people enjoy these things even though they only go in a straight line. Maybe I could find a lighter and smaller motor that still put out significant power but was lighter in weight. I could get the weight of the quad in stock trim. Subtract the weight of the stock motor. Add the weight of the new motor. And order suspension set up for a heavier rider to compensate for the heavier motor. Then you could have a very quick quad and you could jump it.