PDA

View Full Version : LRI New Ramp Company

Narly R
01-28-2004, 08:21 PM
We have stated a ramp company.LRI (Launch Ramp Industries) We are making out of the ordinary ramps, underneath will be a extra storage room, with shelves gas can holders, and just about anything.You name it we can do it. We are making one right now that will be decked out to the max. We are going to have a web site up soon too. As of right now we are taking orders for anything you want. (ATV, Snowmobile, Dirtbike Ramps) we can make them on or off axel, and all sizes. I will make a thread showing our ramp when we get done, cause it will be a model for others to see. If anyone is interested in having one made or just curious on anything shoot me a PM.;)

Later, LRI.:cool:

Narly R
01-29-2004, 06:43 PM
....:)

HiperEX
01-29-2004, 08:25 PM
make one so you could haul your quad inside the ramp:) I think that would be neat plexiglass instead of wood siding or whatever, and have a fold down ramp on the end? just something i think would be kinda neat for traveling start your own freestyle shows

Juggalo
01-29-2004, 08:56 PM
narly if you need any ideas hit me up on aim, our rev 3 can hold 4 quads (yes 4) and still has room for your gear and stuff.

Narly R
01-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, right now we have TONS of ideas, we just need tpo go out there and do it! The one we are making will maybe hold 2 quads, but we are going to make it a little room instead. It will be sweet!

Juggalo, thanks man! I only have msn and yahoo though. We are going to be making ALL kinds of ramps, and come up w/stuff on the way! It will be awsome!

Narly R
01-29-2004, 09:51 PM
Ohh and we arnt just making them, and selling them we will make ANY kind of custom ramp that ANYONE wants. So if anyone wants something special, or extra whatever we can do that!;)

Jason1
01-30-2004, 12:57 AM
little piece of helpful info.

dont go making anything unusual and spending alot of time and money on then keep it on stock and hope it goes, cuz youll be sitting on it for a long time.

just make things as people want them. advertise that youll do custom work and on your site have some examples of what you can do. problem is alot of people dont undersatnd how expensive freestyle ramps are and when they find out they are like "eff that" and something so custom would cost alot.. hell im modifying a 4 wheeler snowplow right now.. i made it 6 inches wider on each side so a total of a foot.. and 4 inches taller. that sounds so stupid and simple.. oh plus making a new cutting edge. when i am done i will have 7 hours of hard work from 2 people. that means 14 hours of one person.. for fab work at my shop i charge 20 bucks an hour plus materials costs. so.. this guy is going to have like $175 in just making his snowplow bigger that is small to begin with.. ramps are big and take lots of work. and the price goes up fast. and dont ever sell yourself short. dont screw people over just be fair to them and to yourself. you dont work for free.

hope that helps some

Sick0
01-31-2004, 07:56 AM
jason, I think in the retail market for a welder 20 dollars an hour is almost free. most place around here charge $40 dollars and up an hour, plus materials. But your right, keeping it simple is usely the best for anything.

Sick0
01-31-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh narly, good luck

Jason1
01-31-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah i know its cheap,.. thats our selling edge, most fab shops got big contracts and if you bring them something like that they wont do it.. and if they do they will say "ok i gotta pull one man off his normal job and he gets X amount of dollars plus i need to cover overhead and the shop needs to make profit so we charge $40" or whatever their cost is.. point is youll pay alot of jack. we dont have many expenses so my expense fee covers all materials and overhead so that takes me to $0 .. then my $20 an hour fee is for me to keep.

but thats for smaller jobs, becuase if there are two of us really we get 10 a piece... thats nothing.. for some jobs ill just quote an overall price. to pay us more fairly. its just each job is unique so you have to do it uniquely and thats our edge. as you know most shops will say what i said earlier and if you want it done youll pay for it.

but good luck guys, hope my info helped some

Narly R
02-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Thanks a TON for the info, i know what ya'll mean. Thats what we are plannig on doing, making custom ramps if wanted, but making shur ethat the buyer is willing to spend a little more, or wait a little, longer, and we arnt going to make them untill the buyer puts down like 1/2 the money or sumthin, that way we arnt sitting on any unsold ramps like ya said. We have it planned out pretty well I think...;)

Thanks guys!

Narly R
02-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Bump.

INFANTRY RACING
02-10-2004, 09:07 PM
what are you gonna do when a ramp breaks and someone gets hurt and tries to sue you....

Narly R
02-11-2004, 07:43 PM
We are looking into insurance...

Jason1
02-11-2004, 10:36 PM
i have never heard of any professionally built steel ramp break on anyone... some are made lighter than others and with extensive use they will "wear out" meaning the metal will fatigue and they start to lose shape and what not but then they are discared and replaced.

thats kinda of an edge we have, our ramps for all intents and purpouses dont wear out. with the structure we give them, material, and placement the only thing you have to upkeep on them is paint on the lines you run on whenever you jump it... thats it.

we have ramps with tens of thousands of hits and you touch the paint up on them and you'd never know they were used unless someone told you.

i remember when i went through the insurance thing... GOOD LUCK..

one piece of advice , usally the simplest answer is the best one, if you want more help send me an e mail or something

Narly R
02-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Well if ours brake we should stop jumping it with the Ranger!:eek:

No I couldnt ADMAGINE ours even MOVING when it is hit. We make ramps that WONT brake, and thats a garentee!;)

Jason1
02-12-2004, 06:36 PM
lets hope you biuld ramps better than you can spell.

haha , i had to rip on ya for that. no one elses break i dont imagine yours will either

Narly R
02-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Ohh we can!:D

I spend so much time on these ramps, my spelling just isnt a must anymore...:o ha ha

ultimate2girl
02-12-2004, 08:24 PM
nope spelling isnt a must for him but crashing seems to be :devil:

Narly R
02-12-2004, 10:28 PM
:grr: :mad: :cuss: Well all I can say is I hope you like roost..... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

:eek: :p :blah: