PDA

View Full Version : Lte Exhaust

hondatv
01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have any reports on the LTE exhaust, good or bad?:D

01-29-2004, 11:20 AM
We Have 2 400ex's. 1 with a DMC Full Exhaust and another with an LTE. The LTE works great, it really gets through the gears and has a very wide powercurve and what most people don't talk about, more torque! Of all the exhausts I've tried this thing digs like you have put a 14 tooth front sprocket on it. It may seem pricy, but if you consider the other full systems and a nice polished aluminum airbox you will spend about the same $$$.

hondatv
01-29-2004, 08:10 PM
On the bike with the LTE does the air box have a lid?
Are both bikes stock?

01-30-2004, 02:05 PM
No it doesn't have an airbox lid and I don't know if they offer one. It comes compete with the proper jetting though. Yes they are both stock. Till this summer!!!!

jmpulse
01-30-2004, 11:22 PM
LTE should have the redone Honda systems done real soon. The new serries will be the dual 4" sienclers with turn down, instead of the defuser disks. It is also sunding like he is getting a little more power out of the new design. I should have the new system soon.

As far a the defuser system, I was able to run 96dB and have loads of power. The difference between a stock Honda and my LTE exausted 400 was enormus in the sand!

02-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, I used the LTE bike in the sand and the thing just digs, it doesn't sign off on power like the stock bike or my formerly FMF exhausted 400, it works real nice.

InsAyneROostin
02-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Posted by mrbluehair:
Yeah, I used the LTE bike in the sand and the thing just digs, it doesn't sign off on power like the stock bike or my formerly FMF exhausted 400, it works real nice.

Could you post pics of the exhaust? or are there pics already posted in a diff thread? i was thinkin of going for the system this summer but didn't know enough about it. Oh and how do you tink it would pull if i already had a 14t coutner sprocket already on there?

jmoney45
02-02-2004, 02:23 PM
anyone know when they are going to have a 450R exhaust?

jmpulse
02-02-2004, 07:05 PM
As soon as he can get his hands on a TRX450R! Probally going to be acouple of months.

Originally posted by jmoney45
anyone know when they are going to have a 450R exhaust?

jmpulse
02-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by InsAyneROostin
Posted by mrbluehair:

Could you post pics of the exhaust? or are there pics already posted in a diff thread? i was thinkin of going for the system this summer but didn't know enough about it. Oh and how do you tink it would pull if i already had a 14t coutner sprocket already on there?

You can see acouple pics on http://www.lteracing.com . The only change on the TRX400EX will be a dual 4" w/ turndowns like on the other quads. Hopefully I will get the 4" siclencers soon!

hondatv
02-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Anybody running a stroker motor with the LTE ? And how does it compare to the sparks x6?

02-03-2004, 12:55 PM
You can see pictures posted in the Body Forum. Look for the thread on Mr. Blues Project 400. There are pics there.

As for the 14 tooth counter sprocket. You can try it, but my personal 400 has a 14t with my DMC and all I can tell you is if you ride in the sand, give it a try. It sjould work good, but on hardpack I may consider going back to the 15 tooth.

Also, the exhaust has no clearance issues with stock plastic, but Fullbore on the riders left will melt if you don't create a spacer. The fenders weren't designed with a dual exhaust in mind.