PDA

View Full Version : Also Reverse rev Limiter ?

02-25-2002, 12:08 PM
also How do I fix the reverse rev limiter ?:macho

Lil90man!!
02-25-2002, 06:41 PM
Hey i know how to fix this one for you!!! but i am not POSITIVE which one it is so just try both! on the ride side of your engine case there should be a little black cover thingy take this off there should be two wires running into it pull one off turn on your key and if your neutral and reverse lights work then u have the right one if they don't work reconnect it and pull the other wire off, then u can cut it or take it all the way off or whatever u wanna do with it put the black case back on and, presto no more reverse rev-limiter(we found this out by accident one day:p )

02-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Will this take care of the rev limiter all together ? Where on the right side is the black box by the seat? in the front right?

02-25-2002, 07:33 PM
on which right (as stupid as this sounds i am new to all this) From the front or the rear ?

Lil90man!!
02-26-2002, 04:19 AM
sorry i didn't explain better:rolleyes: when your sitting on the bike it is on the right side down by your foot there is just a black cover held on by 2 bolts, if ya'll can wait till tonight i will get a pic for you, this just get's rid of the reverse limiter not the forward one

02-26-2002, 07:33 AM
you have to ground the reverse wire in order for it to work.

02-26-2002, 09:16 AM
That will be awesome Lil90man I would Love to see a picture .:D

Lil90man!!
02-27-2002, 07:21 PM
OK i have everthing now lol. first i have the pic it is the little black cover thingy right by the foot brake if you notice both of my wires are missing. what you have to do is find the right one, it will go up around behind the engine and end up in the little black cover(under the seat on the left side(when sitting on the bike!) of the frame, with all the wires in it(probablya a special name for it, but i don't know it!)take the wire off at both ends from the top thing, with all the other wires as cyiper said this wire has to be grounded we just used an electrical thing(i dunno what you call it you put a wire in it and the it has a metal plate with a hole in it, that u put a bolt through it)we just used a bolt that holds on the plastic put the cover back on and your done:) i hope that told you guys how to do it, good thing i don't have to explain stuff for a living!

Lil90man!!
02-27-2002, 07:58 PM
try agian lol

outlaw319
03-02-2002, 11:32 AM
an easy way to bypass the limiter is to follow the wires on the engine from the reverse switch to the wiring harness on the left side of the motor(sitting on bike). The wires are white and green in color, just unplug the white wire and run a jumper to a good ground, and thats it! The only thing is your reverselight wont work, but who needs it! And you can start the bike in reverse.
Hope this helps!

03-02-2002, 02:26 PM
I have been trying numurously times to get my rev limiter off on my 250x and I can't do it. Would it be the same procedures of the 300ex. I couldnl't turn my key on cause I have no key and I have no neutral light, to see if I have the right one. So if you could help me I would appreciate it.

outlaw319
03-02-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm not for sure if it works on the X, but I dont see why it wont though! I forgot to mention earlier that the wire you want to ground out is the white one in the harness side not the single wire on the limiter switch. I know another trick for the X too. to give the 250 X a higher rev just put on a CDI off an old 350 X 3 wheeler! You'll have the 2 plugs one with 4 wires one with 2, just reverse the 2 single wire plug around for this to work! I know lots of little tricks like these, any questions? Just give me a holler!:)

03-02-2002, 04:28 PM
I was always trying to ground the wires coming out of the cluster of wires. Well I had a notion to just take the end of the wire that is attached to the sensor or what ever it is,under the black cover on the right side of the engine case. After I unhooked the wire from the little bolt on the engine case, I took it for a spin. When I got it out it would rev all the way out(in reverse). I was saying finally finally.

I only have one more question on this topic, will it affect the reliability or tare the motor or anything up doin this. I didn't ground anything so, I was wondering if I should or not?

R-Crazy
03-03-2002, 12:07 AM
why would you be hitting the rev limiter in reverse. i always like going fast, but going foward at the same time.

dave