PDA

View Full Version : bogging

Kilabanshee
01-28-2004, 06:55 PM
I have a 416, hotcam, and soon alot more!!! I was running a 155 with a k&n and it was running pretty good, i looked at my plug and it looked to be running alittle rich. I changed the filter since my k&n was pretty trashed to a uni filter, and leaned my main jet to a 152 figuring it wouldnot flow as much air as the k&n. I was riding with my air box lid and the quad didnot wanna move! I took the lid off and it woke up alittle but still bogged pretty bad at high rpms. I think iam just going to go back to the jetting it was before or just go and get a k&n and see how it runs with that. If it acts up with the 152 and the k&n ill just throw in the 155 i had before cause i know it ran ok with that in it.

KASCHAK
01-28-2004, 09:06 PM
that things junk. you dont wanna get that thing jetted right. lmao its a little cold out there brent whynot wait till summer.. wait. you cant um.. since its colder out you should put a bigger jet not smaller. then for summer put a smaller one. main jet that is.. if im wrong .. somone corect me

cals400ex
01-29-2004, 01:13 AM
i probally wouldn't go down to a 152. i currently run very similar mods and i am using a 160 just so i am not too lean in the winter months. it was running just fine with the 158 in though. i prefer uni filters over the K&N, but that is personal perference. are you sure it is bogging or you just getting use to the power?

Kilabanshee
01-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Its bogging it seems to have good mid range put the top end it just boggs really bad. Iam gonna try the k&n with the 152 main and give it a run, if i dont run good then ill throw in the 155 i had in before and see how that runs.