PDA

View Full Version : Surgery On Friday The 13th!!!

Quad18star
01-28-2004, 06:33 PM
I guess its a good thing I'm not superstitious ... cuz it looks like I'm going in for surgery on February 13th , which falls on a friday . This is gunna suck not being able to ride for atleast 8 weeks :(

AtvMxRider
01-28-2004, 06:35 PM
Man I believe I would reschedule it for another day:eek: .

chucked
01-28-2004, 06:36 PM
hey thats my b-day!

Guy400
01-28-2004, 06:36 PM
If I may be so bold, what are you having done?

EvilJester400EX
01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm going riding with a bunch of friends on Friday the 13th at Birch Creek. Kinda nervous, haha.

Atreyu
01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Historectomy. :devil:

Pappy
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
you will be fine:)

if not...i cal dibs on his quad:devil: ;)

Quad18star
01-28-2004, 06:53 PM
A couple years ago I got in a pretty bad racing accident that almost killed me .... I put a stick right threw my side . Needless to say there was a lot of damage to my intestines and they had to remove 12 inches of it . Now 3 years later im having more complications with it because of scar tissue , so the doctor sent me for tests and x-rays ..... now he's telling me I need to have ALL of my large intestine removed . Kinda bums me out a bit . Wont be able to work or do any lifting over 20 lbs for 6 weeks . Gotta spend 7 to 10 days in the hospital for recovery ( 4 of which he said I'll be flying high as a kite on morphine) . He also said he'd have to perform an illiostomy (??) which is basically having to put like a bag on my side . I've read up on it ... not the most pleasant thing to have happen but what can ya do right?? He said I should be in good enough shape to be able to race this summer ... Only thing I wont ever be able to do is scuba dive because of the water pressure . Never planned on doing that anyways !!

Quad18star
01-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Hahaha ... Pappy you can have the POS . Jokes LOL . If it weren't for the battery probs , it would be running perfect !!

LTandRaptorider
01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

if not...i cal dibs on his quad:devil: ;) [/B]

hahaha! :D Reminds me of when I worked in a steel mill... if soemone went down hurt, 2 guys carried him out while everyone else went through his lunch! :eek2: If you went down after lunch, it was tough to get anyone to help him... :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
01-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
A couple years ago I got in a pretty bad racing accident that almost killed me .... I put a stick right threw my side . Needless to say there was a lot of damage to my intestines and they had to remove 12 inches of it . Now 3 years later im having more complications with it because of scar tissue , so the doctor sent me for tests and x-rays ..... now he's telling me I need to have ALL of my large intestine removed . Kinda bums me out a bit . Wont be able to work or do any lifting over 20 lbs for 6 weeks . Gotta spend 7 to 10 days in the hospital for recovery ( 4 of which he said I'll be flying high as a kite on morphine) . He also said he'd have to perform an illiostomy (??) which is basically having to put like a bag on my side . I've read up on it ... not the most pleasant thing to have happen but what can ya do right?? He said I should be in good enough shape to be able to race this summer ... Only thing I wont ever be able to do is scuba dive because of the water pressure . Never planned on doing that anyways !!

I know people that had that done, scar tissue forming causes a lot of problems. Good luck, let us know how you're doing. ;)

bansheerider_13
01-28-2004, 07:35 PM
hey thats my b-day!

mine to :macho

MXcutie
01-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I was born on friday the 13th back in 84...lol... you'll be fine trust me... with all of the new **** out you'll be in and out before you knwo it

QuadJunkies
01-29-2004, 12:32 AM
I wish you the Best and a speedy recovery~~Some consider Fri. The 13th a lucky day.... try to look at it that way.;)

86350x
01-29-2004, 03:40 AM
Good luck, I think everything will turn out fine.:cool:

daiglea
01-29-2004, 04:23 AM
I think 13 is very lucky. That's the # plates on my bike. Good luck man i'm shure all will go well

nacs400ex
01-29-2004, 06:48 AM
Good luck with the surgery Greg and have a speedy recovery. Yeah, let us know how your doing once you get home, and feel up it. I know how surgery is, I pretty much shattered my knee and was in the hospital all my summer in 1999. I had like 6 surgeries in 2 weeks. Now I got a huge *** scar down my right leg. :cool: Damn dirtbikes, thats why I switched to a quad, those lil yz80's are fast when your 12, especially when they have motor work.:D

zephead400ex
01-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Good luck man. FYI: that morphine will make you zone in and out, no pain, just zoneing! Liquid morphine is the...well...I heard it was good:devil:

Are you still going to be able to take a normal sh*t:confused: :rolleyes: :p

01-29-2004, 09:32 AM
your not the only one. i gotta go back to the hospital on weednesday to see if they are gonna do surgey on my left leg. they x-rays are showin some bone particles and they are gonna do a CT scan to see if its on the bone or in the tissue, if its on the bone, theyre gonna go in and remove them cause if they grow attached to the bone, it will start growing outwards and mess my leg up causing me to forever live in pain:D . if theyre in the tissue, they wont worry about it. good luck though. a word of advice, dont eat anything on the day of the surgery.;). 13 can be a lucky # if you only believe in good luck. i got a 13 sticker (Robert Turner) on my quad

Glow Plug
01-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by N.C REDNECK2433
your not the only one. i gotta go back to the hospital on weednesday to see if they are gonna do surgey on my left leg. they x-rays are showin some bone particles and they are gonna do a CT scan to see if its on the bone or in the tissue, if its on the bone, theyre gonna go in and remove them cause if they grow attached to the bone, it will start growing outwards and mess my leg up causing me to forever live in pain:D . if theyre in the tissue, they wont worry about it. good luck though. a word of advice, dont eat anything on the day of the surgery.;)

to bad jerry isn't here with the apple

kamikaze_rzrbak
01-29-2004, 02:29 PM
my grandma had to get the bag about 4 years back and she dosnt have any problems with it, she tells me that she dosnt even know its there so dont worry about it, if my grandma can survive that surgery than i know that you can:D

lil400exman
01-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Good luck man. FYI: that morphine will make you zone in and out, no pain, just zoneing! Liquid morphine is the...well...I heard it was good:devil:

Are you still going to be able to take a normal sh*t:confused: :rolleyes: :p
when i killed my femur that morphine made me tired but didnt help hte pain a whole lot then along with the oxycontin i was flyin as high as a kite my friend

Quad18star
01-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the positive support guys and girls . The Doctor reassured me that even though it is a major operation , everything should go fine . I'll be out of commision for a few weeks ( almost 2 months ) , which he said will almost that whole amount of time to regain my strength and bring my weight back up to normal . he told me to expect to lose about 25 to 30 lbs ... which isn't good cuz I'm not a big guy to start with ( 150 lbs) .He said he'll put me on steroids to help bring the weight back to normal ...

For the person that asked if I'll be able to sh! t normally again , from what Ive read it doesn't seem that will happen . They have to take out all of the large intestine , so I guess not . I'll see what happens . But hey ... if it takes away the pains and crap ... I'm all up for it . I'm tired of popping pain killers everyday .

I told the doctor that it's a good thing I'm not superstitious ... or else I wouldnt ahve gone in for the surgery . He told me that he had a few people cancel their surgeries because of the date , and they wont be able to have surgery until mid July . For me that would cut into the racing season . LOL . Let's do it now and I'll have a couple months to regain my strength and shappen up for the season .

SGA
01-30-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
to bad jerry isn't here with the apple
The apple has to go.

sickmojave
01-30-2004, 05:31 AM
I was married on a friday the 13th. that was almost 22 years ago. still married so I don't think it's bad luck ;)

Quad18star
01-30-2004, 09:12 PM
LOL ... Ya I guess After 22 years , it must have been a good day . I want this to be over and done with .... not working for 2 months is really gunna suck . Good thing its a " sick leave" and I'll be able to collect unemployment . Been paying into it for the last 6 years... guess it'll pay off now !!