PDA

View Full Version : Farrs 450R

HoleShotMX 6788
01-28-2004, 05:12 PM
hey does anyone know all the specs on Farrs 450R. Just wondering.

crap-banshee32
01-28-2004, 05:23 PM
call mark baldwin....he will know....he does all the work on it

TT 400ex
01-28-2004, 08:08 PM
baldwin may set the bike up but as far as the engine goes its all curtis sparks. so hears what i think about the cfr vs. yfz its 1-1 with curtis sparks having 2 wins.

tdd6405
01-29-2004, 08:47 PM
curtis sparks doesnt build tim's motors

tdd6405
01-29-2004, 08:48 PM
does he? lol

TT 400ex
01-29-2004, 09:24 PM
yes sparks does build farrs engines. tims bike was at four stroke wars. he is the best four stroke engine builder. just ask honda

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 09:37 AM
hmm thats weird...i though mark built is motors...................hmmmm

OutlawEX
01-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by TT 400ex
yes sparks does build farrs engines. tims bike was at four stroke wars. he is the best four stroke engine builder. just ask honda

LMFAO. Sparks dont do Farrs motors. Mark Baldwin does. Call Baldwn and ask.

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 12:17 PM
exactly what he said^^^^^

tdd6405
01-30-2004, 02:31 PM
ohh thats what i thought.. i dont feel liek such an idiot now

seatec
01-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by tdd6405
ohh thats what i thought.. i dont feel liek such an idiot now

Don't worry about it. We all have our moments.:p

jeff1984
01-30-2004, 03:10 PM
i called sparks and they said that they ported tims bike. call them up they are already doing some bad***** stuff to the new 450r.

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
mark might of sent it out to get ported and such...but hes actually the one building it.

roostin_dale
01-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
LMFAO. Sparks dont do Farrs motors. Mark Baldwin does. Call Baldwn and ask. ;)

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 04:45 PM
440-224-2734 .....ask for MARK..hehe

TT 400ex
01-30-2004, 09:36 PM
so if mark is o good why did sparks port the engine and do the header pipe....... so what did mark build did he put the piston or cam in...... sparks had farrs engine......... now what are you going to say...

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 09:45 PM
ummm...that....mark does the work on farr's quad......call him and ask him...i gave u the number.

roostin_dale
01-30-2004, 09:57 PM
go to ********.com and read Farr's interviews...he says "Mark baldwin does my motor work"

joedirt
01-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Baldwin builds a badass CRF motor so why couldn't he build a badass TRX motor

lukester720
01-30-2004, 10:42 PM
It is because of his sponsers they give him money he sports there parts. Like sparks header with dg silencer. Head work done at sparks rest of the engine done at baldwin. IMO that's why its done that way.

OutlawEX
01-30-2004, 11:14 PM
I had to send a head of a customers to baldwin and i asked him who does Farrs porting ,mark remarked"I do all his porting,everything from shocks to tires,i do all his stuff"

Maybe back in 98 sparks did his motor but they have not since mark and baldwin met up

lukester720
01-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
I had to send a head of a customers to baldwin and i asked him who does Farrs porting ,mark remarked"I do all his porting,everything from shocks to tires,i do all his stuff"

Maybe back in 98 sparks did his motor but they have not since mark and baldwin met up

Good info! Thanks!

TT 400ex
01-31-2004, 09:12 AM
then tell me why farrs bike has been at sparks..... mark and farr have been together scnce the beginning...... now honda is in the picture with all the money they have on the line they know who can get power out of these four strokes....but hey whatever baldwinn also makes his own pipes oh wait there hmf pipes with his name....why dont you guys call sparks

tdd6405
01-31-2004, 11:51 AM
well maybe sparks did the porting on one of the many trx's farr owns.. but i doubt its his race bike

crap-banshee32
01-31-2004, 12:08 PM
ill ask mark next time im up at the shop....if u want me to ill even record the comversation... i know that mark does all the work to his quads..

OutlawEX
01-31-2004, 04:05 PM
but hey whatever baldwinn also makes his own pipes oh wait there hmf pipes with his name....why dont you guys call sparks

You are a book reader i can tell. Most exhaust materials come somewhat pre cut and dealers like sparks,dg,white brothers and many others buy the same materials and templates. Power Bros is a company that sells their exhaust materials to trinity,Ct and many other companies. Also they do all graydons work as well. They cut bend and sell and companyies do some grinding and decorating and say they are their custom exhausts. There are a few places that do make their exhausts from scratch but alot get theirs already 75% ready to install and they add 25% to get it to their specifications. Thanks for your time

Ryan
01-31-2004, 04:19 PM
Last I knew, Mark Baldwin has been doing all the work on Farr's bikes :confused: .

Guy400
01-31-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't know who does what on what motor but I do know this. The stickers on the side of quad aren't always what's being used. Plus, maybe Sparks did port one of Tim's heads. Maybe Mark wants to know if his port work makes the same power as Sparks'. Maybe none of this matters as long as Tim is winning:cool:

kahuna 4
01-31-2004, 11:47 PM
Sparks is building tim's motor this year.

TT 400ex
02-01-2004, 09:55 AM
wow 1 post and he knows what he's talking about...... all these people with 3000 post just like to hear themselfs talk....

ml450r
02-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Does the number of posts make you know more than others or just mean you post on this website more?

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-01-2004, 10:35 AM
i always thought baldwin did farr's motor...who knows?:o

FASTeR
02-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Who really knows, noone because noone here saw mark tear the motor down and so on.. just like the baja bike, closer inspection shows its gotta a hand built exhaust made to look like the stocker, and you can bet if there was ever such as thing as blueprinting an engine, that one had it done. DG sure as hell isnt the one who built his pipes. Why would he want a disadvantage, never has a dyno shootout shown a dg pipe to improve anything.

Hawk III
02-01-2004, 11:59 AM
well I can tell you this, Baldwin did NOT have enough time to work on farr's motor (internally) with him being in ohio and farrs bike being in cali. So honda hired sparks to do the work until they got more time with the bike. farr only had his bike for a few weeks before the first race. who better than sparks to do a 4 stroke engine any way......curtis used to keep his 200x 3wheeler in the hunt against 250r's in his racing day, he is the best 4 stroke guru in the world imo

OutlawEX
02-01-2004, 01:07 PM
]
well I can tell you this, Baldwin did NOT have enough time to work on farr's motor (internally) with him being in ohio and farrs bike being in cali.

Hmm that is to weird. Cus when i called to see the status on a customers head,mark said" Im sorry for the delay,i been so busy setting Tims bike for opener" Hmmmm go figure ;)

FASTeR
02-01-2004, 03:20 PM
There is a difference in setting up and building the motors... a big one. Further more baldwin had around 4 trx450r's at his shop, and i know for a fact farr has atleast 3

Hawk III
02-01-2004, 03:25 PM
well I just asked wayne at pep and that is what he told me

jeff1984
02-01-2004, 03:31 PM
i just got back from lake elsinore motorcross park (about 1 hour away from san deigo) and tim farr was there tearing it up. when he stoped to make some adjustments i went over to talk to him and this is the info i got from tim personaly. the motor was built by sparks racing but it is maintained by baldwin. hes running a crf450 carb, crf cam, sparks header, dg silencer, sparks porting and i did not ask what piston and compression it had but he did say it has about "52" ponies. he had 2 steering stablizers on it, laegers t-pin front end, jb racing +1.25 swingarm,pep zps suspension, rpm axle, baldwin front hubs, quad tech smooth hood, and douglas bead locks. back to the motor. the reason baldwin doesn't do his motor is because he does not have enough time. "SPARKS DOES MY MOTORS BUT BALDWIN MAINTAINS THEM".

lukester720
02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Great info jeff you've single-handedly anwsered the whole thread! Thanks for the info

FASTeR
02-01-2004, 06:13 PM
thank you jeff, that does sound very much like what i understood of what was going on.. However keith littles sparks motor took a dumb, I hope this is due to the forging problems the aftermarket yfz pistons have been having and not faulty engine work.

jeff1984
02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
beleive me it was my pleasure:)

02-01-2004, 08:24 PM
I garauntee that silencer is a sparks!!!!!;)

jeff1984
02-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
I garauntee that silencer is a sparks!!!!!;)

why do you say that he has dg bumper, pro-peg nerfs, and the silencer says dg right on it. i would think dg is capable of making a good silencer for one the top riders in the country

shamisc
02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
All of you guys are wrong!! Jose at Advance Auto Parts built Tim's bike and installed the new APC nitrous kit and a billet APC exhaust that wrenches out an extra 25 HP!:devil:

TT 400ex
02-10-2004, 08:44 PM
not to bring up a old news but its now on sparks web page that they do farrs motor. there you guys go for all you that call talk and know baldwin....

thomez
02-10-2004, 09:00 PM
It is funny I wasn't on the web back when you guys were debating this or I could have cleared it all up for you LOL. I was at the lil indoor track in Ohio when Farr debuted the beast straight from Baldwin's shop. They said they had just got it all put together 20 mins before showing up. He sure as heck can ride and make it look easy...

jimbo45
02-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Who really cares, anyway. Geez. Reading this post was the biggest waste of my time I can remember. Why does it matter who takes credit for the motor work. It is fairly obvious that both had some part in it, so who really cares. Its ridiculous how everybody goes out and buys stuff that the most popular pros at the time use, and go out and seek some magical company that the pros use to work on their motors when in reality you, as a not-so-well-known individual is hardly gonna get the same work/treatment that a team rider gets.

nuttynewt
02-11-2004, 08:03 AM
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffff
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffff

sorry, i fell asleep while reading this worthless thread and woke up with my nose on the f key...

FASTeR
02-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Apparently farr is the one who needs work, not his motors.. that came from himself, we'll see how things go in round 2, outdoors is a whole different ball game then the indoor b.s.

markeg192
02-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by shamisc
All of you guys are wrong!! Jose at Advance Auto Parts built Tim's bike and installed the new APC nitrous kit and a billet APC exhaust that wrenches out an extra 25 HP!:devil:

How can I get in touch with this Jose? :D

crap-banshee32
02-11-2004, 08:35 PM
call his toll free number..

1-800-BULL****

:D

norrisboat
02-12-2004, 07:37 PM
The muffler is a genuine dg pipe. The header pipe is a Curtis sparks creation. I personally talked to Tim Farr at the Anahiem and Phoenix Proquad races.