PDA

View Full Version : Check out this 450r logo I made up.

signboy
01-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Thought you might get a kick out of this logo I designed. I would like to produce some decals of it, but Honda might not like that too much.

http://www.solutiongraphix.com/honda_450r_designs.jpg

seatec
01-28-2004, 04:44 PM
dang boy. thats talent! its great

signboy
01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
The black outline is choppy. I just throw this together in 10 minutes. It looks better on a black background.

There, changed.

dubber97
01-28-2004, 05:15 PM
was this done online?

crap-banshee32
01-28-2004, 05:26 PM
it was probably dont in photoshop!!!

MIA450R
01-28-2004, 05:41 PM
well done man....nice design

chad502ex
01-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Signboy, That's freeg'n awesome man!!

I've done a set of stickers myself for my 550R (really 567cc) but I can't upload pic for everyone to see :(

Ya know, I think it sucks ppl have to pay to post pictures! I understand that they have limited space, but exriders should allow a minimal amount of space per person to be able to post....

ya know I'll just post my 550R stickers on my mainpage!

chad502ex.com

exrider44
01-28-2004, 09:45 PM
really nice job!

macsolocam
01-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Hey man great job!!!!!!I would love to have some stickers like that of different sizes. If you come up with some let us know.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
Signboy, That's freeg'n awesome man!!

I've done a set of stickers myself for my 550R (really 567cc) but I can't upload pic for everyone to see :(

Ya know, I think it sucks ppl have to pay to post pictures! I understand that they have limited space, but exriders should allow a minimal amount of space per person to be able to post....

ya know I'll just post my 550R stickers on my mainpage!

chad502ex.com

set up an account at imagestation it is easy and you can post more than one picture in a post. thats what I do.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-28-2004, 10:54 PM
And by the way that design is pretty cool :)

twisted threads
01-29-2004, 03:53 AM
That design is SICK!! If you make some stickers of that I would half to buy one or two:D

robjohn74
01-29-2004, 06:49 AM
sweet looking

signboy
01-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Chad,
Pretty cool decal ya did. If you have your own website, why don't you just post your photos there. That's what I do, I make a page with the photo, right click on the photo, goto properties and get the exact url location. You are already paying for the website.

I did the design in CorelDraw 11.

When I get my 450r I'm going to design some graphics. I'll post them when I do them. I'm going to airbrush another helmet too, still waiting on the helmet to get here to start, it's been on backorder.

Pappy
01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
chad...you have your own web page. upload the pictures and link them:rolleyes:

Glow Plug
01-29-2004, 10:21 AM
thats an awsome design man good job :)

chad502ex
01-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
And by the way that design is pretty cool :)

thx, i appreciate it!

I'll just upload to my site an post links from now on.

chad

chad502ex
01-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by signboy
Chad,
Pretty cool decal ya did. If you have your own website, why don't you just post your photos there. That's what I do, I make a page with the photo, right click on the photo, goto properties and get the exact url location. You are already paying for the website.

I did the design in CorelDraw 11.

When I get my 450r I'm going to design some graphics. I'll post them when I do them. I'm going to airbrush another helmet too, still waiting on the helmet to get here to start, it's been on backorder.

signboy, thx for the posting advice, that's eccentially what I've been doing to get around this "No Picture posting"

Did you do your design in vector graphics? If you did, then decals would be real easy to have made and sell.

chad502ex.com

chad502ex
01-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
chad...you have your own web page. upload the pictures and link them:rolleyes:

yea Pappy that's what I've been doing lately. It's that I had been a member before this "No Picture unless Payed Member" became effective. So it's difficult to come to grips that I was able to- now I'm not,...

Anyway, just trying to nudge the point.

chad

Pappy
01-29-2004, 10:51 AM
well ill nudge you this:p

exriders was hosting almost 75,000 pictures:eek2: it caused some big time issues with the old server. working with the server company and also us wanting to limit the overall number and content of pictures led us to the patron deal.

if someone just has to be able to upload pics directly, then they will pay. if not, they are free to link the pics.

nudge:devil: :blah:

chad502ex
01-29-2004, 10:58 AM
well ill nudge you this:p

exriders was hosting almost 75,000 pictures:eek2: it caused some big time issues with the old server. working with the server company and also us wanting to limit the overall number and content of pictures led us to the patron deal.

if someone just has to be able to upload pics directly, then they will pay. if not, they are free to link the pics.

nudge:devil: :blah:

ok, whatever!! It still sucks tho!

:p

chad

monkeyboy
01-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
ok, whatever!! It still sucks tho!

:p

chad

u juss gott addded to da kikkkd up liss :grr:

01-29-2004, 11:07 AM
What it boils down to is this.

This site isn't free to run so your paying to have space on a server to post pics.:cool: Pretty common thing around the internet world.

Evan
01-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Rico
What it boils down to is this.

This site isn't free to run so your paying to have space on a server to post pics.:cool: Pretty common thing around the internet world.

I thought thats what sponsors were for? Or do they just get free advertisement? Its supposed to be a 'you scratch my back, i scratch your back' I thought. They support the site so we post pics for free, and we buy from them because their name is up at the top of the page and basically its one big circle of money right? If they cant afford to help keep the site running, why should I buy from them? Now im not jumping on you Rico, just trying to use logic here. This site ran fine when leo and ben ran it. I think we are defeating the purpose of a website like this-its supposed to be free. If harlen or whoever doesnt want to pay to keep this site going, then why did he buy into in the first place? I would think someone would know what its going to cost to run it and if they dont want to take the money out of their pocket, then they should not be running a site like this.

And even if all that didnt work, wouldnt it seem possible to go back and delete any pic older than a year old? I mean who uses the search feature anyway? They just reask the question or repost the pictures right?

Pappy
01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Evan
This site ran fine when leo and ben ran it.

the site was so fugged when ben sold it, it took a ton of time and money just to get it fixed.

leo did a great job, ofcourse we recieve more hits and site activity in a day now then he did in a year.

it costs money...period. the site IS free. certain options arent. it isnt hard to understand.

honda350r
01-29-2004, 12:35 PM
I'll take a set minus the pecker!

chad502ex
01-29-2004, 03:35 PM
the site was so fugged when ben sold it, it took a ton of time and money just to get it fixed.

leo did a great job, ofcourse we recieve more hits and site activity in a day now then he did in a year.

it costs money...period. the site IS free. certain options arent. it isnt hard to understand.

bet you get payed somehow thru all this too, right? nevermind, its obvious that your not interested in seeing it from our perpective; so, lets forget bout it. Won't be long till exriders will be charging their "million visitors" a buck per post so they can make thier million faster...

anyway, i really don't care,... just making a point that our benefits were reduced as loyal exriders fans before the "Big Takeover". LOL.

just seems like anytime someone has opinion here the opinion is squashed real quick, even the debates over HONDA vs YAMI or when someones toes are being stepped on regarding sponsors or contracts the threads are immediately closed. Never understood that either- guess that's the politics behind it all.

:huh
chad