PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Renew?........... Seat Cover?

Ryan
01-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Has anyone used this product (Plastic Renew)? If so, how does it work.

Im looking for something to hide some of my scratches on my fenders, and maybe give it a little shine.

Or is there something else I can pick up at my local auto parts store that will work just as good?

Im also in the need of a seat cover. Im curious if this replaces the cover that comes stock over the foam?

Thanks in advance.

ridesa02400EX
01-28-2004, 08:29 PM
ive heard that the plastic renew works pretty good but it is just a pain to use i personally havent tried it

400exrider555
02-07-2004, 11:25 AM
mop and glo (think thats it) getsout scratches...not really deepones tho

trailburner
02-07-2004, 12:02 PM
I'll never use it again.......once you put it on it doesn't stay on that good [my pressure washer took some off] then you have to keep putting it on. Pain in the *****!!

dirtmomma
02-07-2004, 12:39 PM
I took & sanded my fenders w/ a palm sander, started w/ some rough paper then keep going to smoother till it smoothed out then either spray them w/ clearcoat &/or use Mop n glo. This works decent if you can't afford to buy new plastics. I have some plastic renew but after reading it it's about the same thing as I did!!! Another thing you cuold do after sanding is paint them w/ some of the Krylon Fusion plastic paint I've heard it works pretty good I used some on a sample piece of my cut fender & ti covered nicely!!

mustang93
02-07-2004, 07:27 PM
that plastic renew is lots of work LOTS