PDA

View Full Version : free music downloads that are legal

cool 300ex
01-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Yea i was wondering if there is any free music download sites that are legal? I was thinking of kazaalite what do you think? ALso if you know any that are free and legal please post them.

hondafox440
01-28-2004, 01:58 PM
"Free", "download", "music", and "legal" should not be used in the same sentence..

MOFO
01-28-2004, 01:59 PM
kazzalite is NOT legal... you aint gonna find any legal sites.

Doibugu2
01-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
kazzalite is NOT legal... you aint gonna find any legal sites.

I take it your back up and running?

How long did they take to copy?

Big400EX
01-28-2004, 02:27 PM
www.limewire.com is the best by far.

MOFO
01-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I take it your back up and running?

How long did they take to copy?

:devil:

TGW_400ex
01-28-2004, 02:45 PM
I was told if you turn sharing off on Kazaa its legal

Ryan
01-28-2004, 02:47 PM
The only download music program that is legal is the new Napster. However, it costs 2 friggen dollars a song :mad: .

blondie69
01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
its not nescessilary legal if u do turn the sharing feature off, but it just prevents the RIAA from getting in your shared folder or wherever you keep your music. You get the same result if u just move your music from "My Shared Folder" to another file on your computer.

MOFO
01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
its not nescessilary legal if u do turn the sharing feature off, but it just prevents the RIAA from getting in your shared folder or wherever you keep your music. You get the same result if u just move your music from "My Shared Folder" to another file on your computer.

which in turn makes it illegal.

coryatver
01-28-2004, 03:42 PM
I get a napster membership becuase i go to penn state, yeah its is legal, you can listen to a lot of songs for free, but they don't have every song that you want, you can download them to your computer, and move them to other computers, but you can't burn them and when your membership expires you can't play the songs anymore. Its called tether downloading. You can pay a dollar a track or 10 bucks for a full album to burn.

cool 300ex
01-28-2004, 04:58 PM
You get the same result if u just move your music from "My Shared Folder" to another file on your computer.

Yea thats what i do i just go on get teh songs i want and delete everything. What all can you do not to get caought at downloading. MY friend knows something else but hes not around right now

tclapp
01-28-2004, 06:02 PM
I download from ARES and i really like it

Juggalo
01-28-2004, 07:06 PM
pepsi is going to be having a free LEGAL downloadable music thing soon. not exactly sure how it works but keep an eye out for it. the commercials are going to feature people that got sued by the RIAA yelling we're still going to download music for free off the internet and drinking pepsi..should be cool

MOFO
01-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
pepsi is going to be having a free LEGAL downloadable music thing soon. not exactly sure how it works but keep an eye out for it. the commercials are going to feature people that got sued by the RIAA yelling we're still going to download music for free off the internet and drinking pepsi..should be cool

I've got $5 that says the so called free music will be unsigned artists that have no contracts (ie have not made it big)... this type of music is already available all over the net....

cool 300ex
01-29-2004, 09:58 AM
One ? if it is illlegal to download songs then why are the servers still on there???

MOFO
01-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cool 300ex
One ? if it is illlegal to download songs then why are the servers still on there???

... the music industry is trying to shut down these file sharing services. There is no direct server...its all peer to peer sharing.

Juggalo
01-29-2004, 09:12 PM
I've got $5 that says the so called free music will be unsigned artists that have no contracts (ie have not made it big)... this type of music is already available all over the net....

i seriousley doubt it. what i think they will do is you buy a bottle of pepsi and underneath the cap you can get a certain number of downloads. i don't know for sure but this is my guess and it seems the most logical to me. so the downloads are free....after you buy a bottle of pepsi

MOFO
01-30-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
i seriousley doubt it. what i think they will do is you buy a bottle of pepsi and underneath the cap you can get a certain number of downloads. i don't know for sure but this is my guess and it seems the most logical to me. so the downloads are free....after you buy a bottle of pepsi

ahhh, now that makes sense... "Buy a bottle of Pepsi and get a free download"... that could work!

Juggalo
01-31-2004, 12:06 PM
ahhh, now that makes sense... "Buy a bottle of Pepsi and get a free download"... that could work!

ok well i'll be expecting my 5 bucks in the mail any day now :p