PDA

View Full Version : Hiper Fronts~Breaking Bead

JOEX
01-28-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to take the stock tires off of them, do they need to be broken like regular rims? Tried the truck & 2x4 method without success. Should I leave the rings on or off when breaking the bead?

Thanks, Joe

Doibugu2
01-28-2004, 01:24 PM
Yea defiantly take the ring off. It should be simple then.

crap-banshee32
01-28-2004, 02:18 PM
if u take the rings off the tire should come off pretty easily.

JOEX
01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought it should come easy too. This is for the inside of the front rim, no ring, it is seated just like a regular rim. Must be time to invest in a bead breaker.

Joe

remlapr
01-28-2004, 04:05 PM
JOEX - I think you would actually be better off leaving the front side sealed so you can keep some air pressure in it to help with getting the bead off.

crap-banshee32
01-28-2004, 04:54 PM
if u get real angry at them....and decide to sell them...just let me know...i want a set.

Nick

JOEX
01-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
JOEX - I think you would actually be better off leaving the front side sealed so you can keep some air pressure in it to help with getting the bead off.
I figured that was better. I have the ring off one and on the other. The one that is off just kind of flops around where as the other is more stable but it still isn't coming off.

crap-banshee32, if I decide to sell them they will be about $25 each.......

Plus $350 for S/H:blah:

remlapr
01-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah - I'm never going to try to take a tire off a rim again without a bead breaker. I fought with one one night using everything up to and including by brother-in-laws front loader tractor. The bucket was wedged between the bead and the tire and the front wheels of the tractor were off the ground and it still didn't give, I swear. I took it over to Jeff the next day and it popped right off using his bead breaker and one little push. It is definately a case of needing the right tool for the job...