PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start

wiley400ex
01-28-2004, 09:33 AM
i was riding it yesterday, and then hopped off it for about 4 hours. when i tried to start it last night, and this morning, it never came on. the battery is charged, it is fine. i tried it wit the choke on and off, still nothing. have any ideas on the problem?

Steve-o 400EX
01-28-2004, 10:40 AM
So from what i understand, it is turning over but not firing. Make sure the kill switch its on run, something stupid but it has happend to all of us, also if ur spark plug is shot it wont want to start either, this happend to me in the same situation. Also it is a good idea to remove ur choke, it actually makes it harder to start with it. I dont have one in mine and it fires up no problem even in cold weather.

BigGun400EX
01-28-2004, 11:40 AM
You talkin about removing the whole choke flap in the carb?

quadrider400
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
I agree make sure the kill switches are in the run position if it still won't start try switching to the reserve position you may have been low enough on fuel that riding sloshed some around to keep going but when ya stopped it is to low to draw from the normal on position. Next I would change the plug... they can just crap out:( after that if you have one toss the WB rev limiter and go with the stock one to see what happens... I keep hearing bad things about them and have tossed mine....no more hard starts :p

david kelsch
01-29-2004, 12:19 PM
test