PDA

View Full Version : exhaust burning

bhuggz
01-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Ok I have a 250 ex with a t-4, k&n, and a dyno kit. I recently put the filter and pipe on and it was working fine, when I did the jet kit a few days later I could not get it to start so I messed with the carb a few times and then decided to charge my battery and it finally started. Now the problem is that last night I ran it for about 20 mins. and noticed a strange smell and that there was some white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I never really ran it hard after putting the t-4 on so I'm not sure if it is the pipe burning in or if it is gas in the line or oil but it is new gas and my oil is at a good level and has recently been changed. Any ideas? I would really appreciate any thoughts on what it might be! But like I said, no smoke or smell before the jet kit.:( :confused:

mustang93
01-28-2004, 09:20 AM
maybe to much filter oil ? I did that with mine once and it smoked white like crazy, could also be somthing burning off from the factory on the new exhaust.

bhuggz
01-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh yea and now it is ridiculously cold outside, like 10 degrees. Maybe something to do with that?

mustang93
01-28-2004, 09:54 AM
i figured you already exhausted that option.:rolleyes:

sprtrx300ex
01-28-2004, 01:02 PM
The white smoke you are describing is condensation from your engine and pipe. Its normal. It will do that during cold weather.
Its nothing to worry about.