PDA

View Full Version : if you need to touch up your frame-subframe-a-arms read on!

brandonpeake
01-28-2004, 08:16 AM
i got the idea for this off an old post but was a might be and i checked it out
if you need to paint just like a spot or something on your a-arms ,frame or subframe there is some duplicolor wheel paint at auto zone, when i went there was a graphite,silver{i could not find a name for it} white and clear
the silver matches our frames so u cant tell the only difference is its got a glitter look to it, but i did my grab bar in it looks good

but also get the clear top coat,helps make it more durable, if u want a pic of the can email me, im in the process of doing my subframe in graphite so ill get pics to anyone who wants them when im done
hope this helps anyone, i know alot of people have scar'd up subframes due to the attached grab bar

01-29-2004, 05:11 PM
when i got my frame pcd they gave me like 5 cans of touch up paint. just ask for it they can give u the color.

exrider123
01-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
i got the idea for this off an old post but was a might be and i checked it out
if you need to paint just like a spot or something on your a-arms ,frame or subframe there is some duplicolor wheel paint at auto zone, when i went there was a graphite,silver{i could not find a name for it} white and clear
the silver matches our frames so u cant tell the only difference is its got a glitter look to it, but i did my grab bar in it looks good

but also get the clear top coat,helps make it more durable, if u want a pic of the can email me, im in the process of doing my subframe in graphite so ill get pics to anyone who wants them when im done
hope this helps anyone, i know alot of people have scar'd up subframes due to the attached grab bar

Can you send pic's of the can and frame to bk2008@rcn.com. I got to touch up my frame.

brandonpeake
01-30-2004, 09:25 AM
yeah ill get u the pics they are at home
but ill get them for u

HondaMan222
01-30-2004, 09:50 AM
how much is that can, might go get some...

brandonpeake
01-30-2004, 10:11 AM
its duplicolor paint , it just matches the honda paint, its under $5 a can i believe its 4 something, but i would reccomend getting the clear to go over it also,and sand it down , or it wont last, put a little effort into it and it should last depending on the area you put it in, for instance on the bottom of the a-arms , any thing will get skint up

crap-banshee32
01-30-2004, 12:23 PM
my frame is spray painted....its holding up fine..had it done for a year now..

whenever the paint comes off a little bit i just touch it up with the same color i did the frame in...works great.

Nick

brandonpeake
01-30-2004, 12:38 PM
yeah i was just saying dont expect to just spray this over that part that needs touched up and expect it to last u need to sand and prep it also

exrider123
01-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by brandonpeake
yeah i was just saying dont expect to just spray this over that part that needs touched up and expect it to last u need to sand and prep it also

what size grit did you use?

brandonpeake
01-30-2004, 02:17 PM
i have just color matched , let me look at what grit it was i dont remeber off hand i got a 3m automotive pack from home depot
its got several different grits for like $5 or so
im going to start with a low and work up to a fine grit like 1500 or so and i may even wet sand some parts, not positive how exactly im doing it yet, im working on it some more sunday

brandonpeake
02-02-2004, 08:26 AM
i used 220 grit then i had some 400 and some 600
but i think you would be fine with just the 220
i had some spots in mine i was trying to even up