PDA

View Full Version : take off light

quad_racer_19
01-27-2004, 11:35 PM
k i am going ot take off my light but what do you guys do with your littel thumb controls like light and stuff and you want your light off permanently. is there an ignition swithch i can buy with just kill and start??

because i dont want that big bulky thing on my handlebars especially if 2 of the switches aint gonne be used

honduh440
01-27-2004, 11:38 PM
their is nothing u can buy to kill the ignition so its kill and start but what i did is took the key out hooked the wires together and used the stock killswitch as a on and off for the ignition and my prodesign killswitch as a regular kill but i still have my light switches on my quad even tho i have no light some day ill get some lights on thier but for now my few trips a year to the dunes ill just tape a flashlight on thier and let my buddy lead lol

honduh440
01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
sorry i didnt say that all right but on the stock kill switch u have to rewire it so that it goes to the ignition wire where ur key was

Moto92
01-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Some people replace the stock switch with a YZF kill switch to use as a starter button

quad_racer_19
01-28-2004, 11:23 AM
i am taking it off today and if i got questions at to if it doesnt start or anything i will let you know...also i made my own key template and it is connected to the light bracket, where would oyu recomend i zip tie my key for now until i make another template that will work with my handlebar clamps

quad_racer_19
01-28-2004, 12:21 PM
k guys i disassembled it from the handlebar area and all i see now are wires galore
what do i do
how do i take the light off without messing with the 50 wires i see.

there are 2 wires that i see that are by the clutch lever and they are taped to the lights wires
it looks like you can hoock something up to them...what are they for?

anyways i need your help i cant get to the light to unkook it cuz it is being held back by the other wires going under the gastankto the battery area.

need help guys!

quad_racer_19
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
nevermind i got it....looks way better anyways eutral and revers light i unconnected them and do i just hook the neutral's poitive to the neutral's negative or leave them unhooked?