PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exhaust For Baja Racing?

416rider
01-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Whould a dual Exhaust be the choice for racing Baja or keep my Yoshimura?:devil:

nofearhonda
01-27-2004, 10:50 PM
are you talking about the looney tuned exhust? ive heard about it but they claim only 2.5 - 3 hp?

Steve-o 400EX
01-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Personally I would stick with the yoshi. The dual exaust is more of a show piece than performance. It would be about as helpful as putting spinners on ur quad.:huh

416rider
01-28-2004, 08:36 AM
I'll stick with the yoshi then.:devil:

01-28-2004, 12:49 PM
I have had an FMF Complete exhaust, DMC Dual exhaust and the LTE Duals, IMO the LTE makes more torque and overall power than any setup I've experianced which are more than I've listed. The DMC makes great midrange and seems to spread the powerband out better than the FMF. The 2.5-3 hp number may be right for the LTE, but no one ever mentions the amount of torque the exhaust systems put out which is as important if not more important than HP. This is where I feel the LTC shines. I've never ridden a stock 400ex that goes through the gears faster than with the LTE.
Just my $0.02
I would guess there wouldn't be too much advantage no matter which aftermarket setup you chose.:D

Juggalo
01-28-2004, 01:43 PM
the 2.5 horse gain or whatever seems small. but thats only cuz all the other pipe manufacturers GREATLY exxagerate their horsepower numbers. the LTE makes just as good and probably better power than all the other pipes, plus its quieter and looks awesome! go with the LTE.

01-29-2004, 11:23 AM
B

other pipe manufacturers GREATLY exxagerate their horsepower numbers.

Boy is that ever the truth Juggalo!

jmpulse
01-30-2004, 11:30 PM
The numbers do not do the exaust justice. The power is impressive, and the sound is clean and under dB's.

Steve-o 400EX
01-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
the 2.5 horse gain or whatever seems small. but thats only cuz all the other pipe manufacturers GREATLY exxagerate their horsepower numbers. the LTE makes just as good and probably better power than all the other pipes, plus its quieter and looks awesome! go with the LTE.

Yea that is true, they give numbers to an exhausts max potential, but what the mean most of the time is that lets say a pipe is advertised for a 7hp gain, they are usually telling the truthe but this is not peak power, they are basically stretching the truth because somewhere in the rpm range there might be a gain of 7 over stock but not all the way across or at the peak where u might only see a 1hp gain if that. I just think its too much for a stock motor or even motors with a smaller bore job. JMO.;)

jmpulse
01-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Steve-o 400EX
Yea that is true, they give numbers to an exhausts max potential, but what the mean most of the time is that lets say a pipe is advertised for a 7hp gain, they are usually telling the truthe but this is not peak power, they are basically stretching the truth because somewhere in the rpm range there might be a gain of 7 over stock but not all the way across or at the peak where u might only see a 1hp gain if that. I just think its too much for a stock motor or even motors with a smaller bore job. JMO.;)

Some have even been known to do other mods to get the advertised gains. These misleading facts are really bothersome. I have seen the numbers for LTE, and know the way he dynos everything, and there are no tricks played. The new serries of 400EX pipes should pick up even more hp over his old design.

The sad thing, the Yahamas respond much better to exaust than the Hondas. The number differences between a stock Raptor and a LTE exaust Raptor is around 10hp peak, and even more in the mid range. I have seen the graphs and talked to the owner about it. The YFZ is also getting some great gains too. Actually out powering the LTE Raptor on the dunes!