PDA

View Full Version : Racers of all types look here!

lil400exman
01-27-2004, 10:37 PM
My friends and I are looking at making some rear bumpers that hook on to the back of your swingarm carrier and run 1/2 the length of your rear end. it wont affect your ability to wheelie or anything. with 20 inch tires it sticks in about 1 1/2 inches from the rear of the tires. it also wont affect your suspesion travel. anyone interested in something like this? it will be light and it will protect your rear of the quad from getting hung up. it will weigh about 5 lbs or less (our prototypes weigh that) they will be alum tubing and will be availbale for most models:) anyone here interseted in somehting of this sort?

lil400exman
01-28-2004, 10:51 AM
we will make a few and sell them for a few people to try out to see how they like them.......anyone interested?:confused:

KASCHAK
01-28-2004, 10:55 AM
i dont think these would be good for XC they would get ripped off

RIDER11X
01-28-2004, 11:43 AM
I would like to see one!

I would rather see a Wide grab bar with a braced drop loop fpr a pipe protector! Ever notice how most racers got pipes mangled up from doing battle on the track?:cool: I would buy one and I'm sure they would deffinitly catch on!;)

quadrcr161
01-28-2004, 12:10 PM
some company use to make one that protected your brakes and drive system. ive got one at home

lil400exman
01-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
some company use to make one that protected your brakes and drive system. ive got one at home
yeah thats what this will do. and if you rip this thing off your whole swingarm would come off;) :p

lil400exman
01-28-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
I would like to see one!

I would rather see a Wide grab bar with a braced drop loop fpr a pipe protector! Ever notice how most racers got pipes mangled up from doing battle on the track?:cool: I would buy one and I'm sure they would deffinitly catch on!;)
yeah we might rig one up to fit on your grab bar