PDA

View Full Version : LRD Frames.

Narly R
01-27-2004, 10:03 PM
I was woundering if anyone knew if LRD is talking about, or planning on making a 250r based chasis with the componets for a 450?:confused: I dont wanna sound retarted if they already do, but I havent herd anything about it.

I want to get a new frame and a 450 engine soon, but I REALLY want the LRD frame, so if they arnt planning on doing the conversion frame for a while, then I will just go with a 250r frame.

Any info anyone?

Thanks!;)

racerx573
01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
I think they already do. Dunk told me he had an aluminum YZ450.
Theres a rolling (literally on all 4 tires) JRD chassis on ebay, all it needs is an engine. for like 7 grand, has axis shocks, nerfs and EVERYTHING!!

Or just spend the money and do it right with a Walsh frame.
I would say Laeger's but they don't quite make them anymore.

Narly R
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the info man.Walsh is defently what i want to do, but I just love the Aluminum frame. When i get the money I will see....:)

Jnine
01-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Aluminum is a great material for nerfs, and can be for frames, but not in round tubing. The 450 motor will overpower that frame, and you WILL be welding it.

sandspanker
02-06-2004, 11:20 PM
:( I herd they quit making them loosing money

my03-400ex
02-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
Aluminum is a great material for nerfs, and can be for frames, but not in round tubing. The 450 motor will overpower that frame, and you WILL be welding it.

cannondales had aluminum frames, and those things had POWERFUL engines. maybe they were built in a different way so as to be stronger(?)... i dunno...

Chef
02-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by my03-400ex
cannondales had aluminum frames, and those things had POWERFUL engines. maybe they were built in a different way so as to be stronger(?)... i dunno...

I dont think it was all round tubing, and the motors weren't that powerful, either.:p

bradley300
02-07-2004, 08:59 PM
dales have p[lenty of power, not to mention c-dale has tons of experience working w/ aluminum. and the whole frame is sqared or rectangle tubing

Jnine
02-07-2004, 10:22 PM
The Cannondales do have aluminum frames, but they were designed that way from the start, and not an aftermarket add-on. That is the key. Also, the aluminum frames that come from a factory like on a Honda dirt bike or the Cannondale ATV have lots of internal webbing, and massive main structural members to carry the load. Round tubing simply is not made for that. On the down side, the huge structural pieces also tend to give the bike or quad a very rigid ride that can beat the h@#l out of the rider if the shocks are screwed up.

JA

Narly R
02-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info guys...:)