View Full Version : stupid question

wwclea01
01-27-2004, 07:44 PM
Ok this may sound stupid but what is the point of the anti fade lock nut

honduh440
01-28-2004, 01:40 AM
the anti fade lock nut was made by maier so that when beginer riders dont muffler bearings greased or even drain their brake light juice then the axle nut will fade over to block up the fluids from exiting the bike if i was you i wouldnt purchase the 200 dollar product i would just lube the muffler bearings its not that hard

outacontrol31
01-28-2004, 10:05 AM
stupid question stupid answer lmfao

beak7707
01-28-2004, 10:22 AM
It replaces the stock axle nut on your ride. These stockers sometimes have a problem or backing off, when they back off then your axle becomes loose. The anti-fade nut has hex bolts that you can torque down to prevent it from backing off. They are also said to reduce the temp of you rear brake rotor.

JDiablo
01-28-2004, 11:31 AM
anybody got one of these for sale for a 300ex>very interested

Sick0
01-28-2004, 12:31 PM
They clean the look up the look of the stock axle.

KASCHAK
01-31-2004, 05:11 PM
mine was backing off. i just wrapped elevtricial tape on the threads and around the two nuts. doesnt move now. :)

hondapunk
02-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Yea I heard thats a common problem with exs. And I agree with outacontrol on that one :devil:

AtvMxRider
02-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
the anti fade lock nut was made by maier so that when beginer riders dont muffler bearings greased or even drain their brake light juice then the axle nut will fade over to block up the fluids from exiting the bike if i was you i wouldnt purchase the 200 dollar product i would just lube the muffler bearings its not that hard

Why can't you guys just answer the question instead of giving a stupid ****ing answer. You guy's were all new to quads at one time so give him a break. Truth be known "you" probably don't even know what one is:rolleyes: . Beak7707 gave the right answer.

K_Fulk
02-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by beak7707
It replaces the stock axle nut on your ride. These stockers sometimes have a problem or backing off, when they back off then your axle becomes loose. The anti-fade nut has hex bolts that you can torque down to prevent it from backing off. They are also said to reduce the temp of you rear brake rotor.

It also makes it a little quicker and easier to take your axle out. By just loosening the allen bolt and turning hub. Instead of fighting with the stock locknuts that are known to freeze up.

honduh440
02-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Why can't you guys just answer the question instead of giving a stupid ****ing answer. You guy's were all new to quads at one time so give him a break. Truth be known "you" probably don't even know what one is:rolleyes: . Beak7707 gave the right answer.

dude how old are u 50? just playin around wasnt makin fun of dude. CHILL OUT BROTHA!!!!!!!!!!

seatec
02-09-2004, 12:29 PM
So, now you proceed to start age discriminating. Quit while you are only a little BEHIND.