PDA

View Full Version : Cold Start (Backfire)

freebird
01-27-2004, 04:21 PM
I know the cold start stuff has been done to death...But the other day it was colder than usual and when I tried to start the machine it backfired alot until it warmed up then it ran fine...I usually have a tough time starting it but the backfiring was new.I have a standard size piolt. Is Backfiring durring a cold start normal??

Thanks
CHris

250rider
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
not normal, how clean is ur air filter, and u should probably clean ur carb, it will help!!

250rider
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
not normal, how clean is ur air filter, and u should probably clean ur carb, it will help!!

cals400ex
01-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by freebird
I know the cold start stuff has been done to death...But the other day it was colder than usual and when I tried to start the machine it backfired alot until it warmed up then it ran fine...I usually have a tough time starting it but the backfiring was new.I have a standard size piolt. Is Backfiring durring a cold start normal??

Thanks
CHris

your probally just a little lean on your pilot jet or needle. you could try turning your fuel skrew out a little bit and that may fix your problem. i don't know what kind of bike that is on though.