PDA

View Full Version : Need help Quick!!!

99'300EX
01-27-2004, 03:11 PM
I havent rode my quad lately and the weather here is very cold right now. So the other day I tried to get my quad started but it just keeps turning over. The gas is full and on, and i thought maybe the fuel line could have froze up so i put a kerosene heater on and i had it about 70degress in the garage and it still wouldnt start. I dont kno what to do, maybe drain the carb...Any help will be greatly appreciated..

250rider
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
r u using the choke, is the gas old, does it have oil, check the plug, and just try to push start it if u have to.

JOEX
01-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Condensation could have formed in the gas tank and settled in the carb. Drain the carb and some out of the tank to make sure no more is there. Probably need to change the plug too, most likely ther real problem.

Check the air box and snorkle for critter nests, long shot but possible.

Joe

JDiablo
01-27-2004, 04:14 PM
a simple soultion to this is something called sta-bil.You put some of this in your gas tank and it keeps your gas fresh and helps with starting to...just my two cents,and if anything you can jump start it,just have someone push you while your on it in 2nd gear and pop the clutch should start right up