PDA

View Full Version : 2004 grizzly rattling????

tom400ex
01-27-2004, 02:38 PM
So i just got a new 04 grizzly and the first day out the temp light went and when i was ridding then used the breaks i heard a RATTLING noise! I thought it was nothing so i brought it back to the dealer and the mechanic took it for a test ride and said that it could be the transfer gear and he would have to take the bike and the engin apart. so long story short they found nothing wrong with the bike had to have the gaskets overnighted so i could get it back within a reasonable time and i called yamaha customer support and basically they told me that its just part of the bike some make a rattle and some don't. They didn't offer me anything asfar as a free oil change or a Y.E.S. contract at a discount or anything. I am very dissapointed with yammi and now i feel like my bike is a lemon. I'm FRICK'EN PISSED!
does anyone else have this problem?????

:mad: :mad: :mad:

CTmxyfz
01-27-2004, 04:26 PM
The rear brake rattles because it is on the driveshaft and is wobbles. Its normal. Do not worry about it, its all good.

01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
The rear brake rattles because it is on the driveshaft and is wobbles. Its normal. Do not worry about it, its all good. iv'e heard of this same problem too, what made you want a yamaha anyways...they are good bikes but usually little things happen to them...raptors are a good example of my study on this :blah:

Mango
01-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey Jumbo,
You have conducted a "study" on Raptors????
I think you just enjoy bahsing anything Yamaha, plain and simple.
There is no quad made that will not break if abused. I have a cr125.
If I don't let it warm-up before I go tearing down the rails, I risk damage to the engine. Wait! It's a Honda. Maybe I can just jump on it and fly!
My Raptor has not had any problems. Mainly because I take care of it. I bought with my money, not someone elses.

Do a "study" on how some of the riders abuse their bikes and you'll probably find the brand is not the problem. Also, find something in print, other than your banter, that proves Yamaha, Kaw, Suz, etc. is not reliable. If they weren't, they would not be selling. Harley Davidson's are prone to oil leaks, but not if your tighten bolts to the oil resevoir and lines periodically. That's what the manual tells you to do.

I don't chime in all the time, but you certainly show your bias in your posts.

Tom, I think it's cool you got a new bike, enjoy riding it.

Mango

01-29-2004, 12:04 PM
no

MOFO
01-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by tom400ex
So i just got a new 04 grizzly and the first day out the temp light went and when i was ridding then used the breaks i heard a RATTLING noise! I thought it was nothing so i brought it back to the dealer and the mechanic took it for a test ride and said that it could be the transfer gear and he would have to take the bike and the engin apart. so long story short they found nothing wrong with the bike had to have the gaskets overnighted so i could get it back within a reasonable time and i called yamaha customer support and basically they told me that its just part of the bike some make a rattle and some don't. They didn't offer me anything asfar as a free oil change or a Y.E.S. contract at a discount or anything. I am very dissapointed with yammi and now i feel like my bike is a lemon. I'm FRICK'EN PISSED!

well I can answer one question for you...the noise you hear from the brakes is normal. The rear disc is actually located on the rear drive shaft... this is some play with the brake itself, so you will hear a "loose" or "rattling" rear brake... this is completely normal.

CTmxyfz
01-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
well I can answer one question for you...the noise you hear from the brakes is normal. The rear disc is actually located on the rear drive shaft... this is some play with the brake itself, so you will hear a "loose" or "rattling" rear brake... this is completely normal.

thats what i meant.

In another thread, i also saw Jumbo bashing yamaha

Mango
01-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I saw Jumbo bashing in other threads. He's just young. Gets his kicks mouthing off. We've all been there.:)

Mango

01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes: go to bluetraxx hippies...i don't hate yamahas...i just hate the raptors

Mango
01-29-2004, 03:43 PM
See if your parents will buy you some class.:)
Then you might work on your writing abilities.

Did you get whipped by a Raptor?
Is that where all this agression comes from?:devil:

Just poking fun, don't take it seriously.:D

Mango

01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
i know..i'm only messing around too...actually yes, the raptor did beat me when my friend first had it brand new...but this was in a drag race on the road :rolleyes: . I did not like how the raptor felt & though it was the most uncomfortable thing iv'e ever ridden. I also hate how cheaply made it is & things broke on that thing like nothing....upper a-arms, bend like spaghetti....very tipsy going uphill....it isa good drag race bike....this is just my opinion....sorry to steal your post grizzly dude.....yamaha's are good four wheelers...I love the YFZ & Grizzlies, theres nothing wrong with them at all.

CHAR250R
02-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by tom400ex

Temp light? Check the oil level. If it's low, it causes the temp light to go on. My family has a total of 6 2003 Grizzlys. One of the temp lights came on. So I checked the oil level, and it was low. I added oil so it was full. No more temp light. All the Grizzlys have a rattle coming from the rear. The rear brake caliper is mounted on the rear driveshaft. It floats around a little. The engine braking system causes this. You'll get used to it. We did. I rode my 250R in the morning, picked up the Grizzly in the afternoon, and rode it. I heard and felt that rattle and thought something was getting ready to fall off. Go over to WWW.ATVnation.com, and hit the Yamaha spot. ALOT of Grizzly info. Good luck with your Grizzly.