PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Missouri

kbass24emtp
01-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Anyone have their quad yet? I just put money down on one at Unique Powersports in Sullivan. Got the first one for $6450 OTD plus 20% off the HRC kit. I find it funny that no dealers in the St. Louis area knew that there were people on the West Coast that got their 450R. Also what kind of deals did anyone get?

motomechanic
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm getting mine from Springfield Mo (Pro Cycle) for $6125 OTD
I put a deposit down late Oct. so the first one is mine
it should be ready for pickup the 30 of Jan.

For sale 2002 400ex like new $3500 OBO

merrill
01-27-2004, 04:44 PM
I am getting mine for $5900 otd in KC, MO. They still don't know when they're are coming though. I am getting two @ that price as soon as they show up.
Merrill
Are you guys in MO racing the CAATV mx series this year.
www.level3atvracing.com

kbass24emtp
01-27-2004, 04:57 PM
No I am not, I might do a few MHSC races and the Flat River Grand Prix though. :devil:

Got Roost?
01-27-2004, 04:59 PM
What dealer in KC?

merrill
01-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Honda of Chanute
Chanute Ks

I live in kc.
Merrill

Johnny & Monica
01-27-2004, 09:58 PM
pro-action in columbia claim`s there selling them for 5700.00 out the door here in mo.there selling yamaha`s for 5999.00 otd....

dmackesty
01-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Dick's honda in Sedalia is selling me mine for $5900 OTD. Merrill what happened to you YFZ and your Houser 426? Is Marshall finally gonna make the switch to a 4-Stroke?

merrill
01-28-2004, 05:29 AM
Still have them both, Houser for sale.....
Marshall will be on a TRX 450r this year.
Merrill

Chevy454
01-28-2004, 07:21 AM
Pro-Cycle in Columbia (and Springfield!) told me $5999 for the 450R...

jpconard
01-28-2004, 11:54 AM
St. Louis dealers are fairly independant. Father-in-law looking for a Rancher found best deal in Columbia. St. Louis dealer didn't want to deal.

TDBRPH
01-28-2004, 12:04 PM
just a repost from before didnt feel like typing it again.... :)

or look at

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86196&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Procycle home of the lowest prices......

Their mission put all other dealers in the mid Missouri area out of business !!

If you want a low price they are your guys as long as you don’t mind the following.....

1. Absolute product ignorance
2. Incompetent sales staff
3. Clueless parts dept (you mean you can order tires on rims
as a package what a neat concept, Jets no we sell
motorcycles here, Dont have that in stock I can get it in 3 or 4
weeks )
4. Overpriced service dept
5. Sitting in a dealership for 3 or 4 hours to complete a
transaction

I paid $100 more for my YFZ at another dealership 1 hour away when Procycle is 10 minutes from my house. Not only did I choose a dealer who will stand behind his product but since my time is $$ I probably saved money in the long run avoiding Procycle's ridiculous games. It just goes to show you moving units is what it is all about ...... there were times procycle was selling a 400ex for 4399 + tax .

just my 0.02

Triston

jf265
01-28-2004, 05:04 PM
I called Neosho power sports this evening and they looked on their list for what was shipped today and the 450r was on there. Im sure the rest of mo is about the same. They said it might be here on fri but probably the beginning of next week. 6499 otd. They didnt have anybody on the list as off last fri so I decieded to take it. They wouldnt come down on the price. Oh well.

jgfarmsracer
01-28-2004, 06:07 PM
mines comming from Dicks in sedalia hopfully this friday(30) or monday the (2)

wgarrett
01-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I bought my YFZ at procycle in Springfield at the end of July. I have never bought any of my quads there because in the past they were the most expensive, so I usually by off the internet and have them shipped to me. In july nobody would budge on the yfz price they were all 6799, I walked into procycle and asked them if they had any yfz's, and they said they just shipped one in from columbia, so I asked for there bottom dollar and they said 6350.00, I bought it and was gone in 20 minutes. I will admit they have no idea when it comes to service, my Yfz would not even run when i got it home, it was jetted horribly and had 87 octane in it, so I drained the fuel and put 93 in and at least it would run without pinging, then ordered the sparks pipe jd jetting kit and did the cam mod. If I buy a trx, it will be from procycle, because I know they are the cheapest, and I don't care to have my stuff serviced by the dealer.

jpconard
01-29-2004, 12:07 PM
I don't want to defend Procycle as I know nothing about them. But I would have to think that if they offer such a discount it has to make other dealers in the area drop their prices as well, maybe not as much but some more than they would normally.

Therefore, when TDBRPH paid $100 more at another dealership, it was probably still a good deal, probably better than the price would have been if Procycle wasn't forcing the competition, so to speak.

I wish I would have looked around before getting my 250EX last year. I have seen it at several places cheaper than at St. Louis.

I'm not praising a dealership which can't provide some other services, but there are a lot of dealership which don't deal, don't really care, and charge outrageous setup fees, which even Honda published a document that these fees are re-imbursed by the corporation (in Dirt Rider magazine). Middle ground is good!

dmackesty
01-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey Merrill I was wondering what all you were gonna be doing to your 450R when you get it? Also what happened in the picture that was posted on level3? I was just trying to get an idea what everybody was gonna do.

ml450r
01-30-2004, 02:21 PM
AS FAR AS THE MOTOR GOES, HRC CAM AND HMF PIPE, K&N. sUSPENSION WILL BE HOUSER LONG TRAVEL WITH AXIS, AND A HOUSER SWINGARM, RPM, AXLE ETC...

Bad Habit
01-30-2004, 03:43 PM
I stopped by Ream 'em.....I mean.... Freedom Cycle in south KC on my way home from work today just to see if they had one in yet. When I was pulling up, I noticed a flat bed semi in the lot loaded with Honda crates. I quickly eyed them and spotted one right in the middle that was marked TRX450R. I went inside and asked if that was their first one. Three of the sales guys looked at me like this:huh so I found the owner's son. He looked outside and said no, that one is for another dealer. So someone in town is gonna get the happy phone call tonite. :D

dmackesty
01-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Hey jgfarmsracer have you got your call yet? I heard that some dealers in the city got theirs today! I was just wondering because i am guessing that you are number one on the list. When you do get post some pics would you. Are you racing mx or cross country?

ml450r
01-31-2004, 07:05 AM
I cracked the swingarm in the race at Rolla. Marshall was riding it in fourth gear on flat ground and the swingarm broke in half. It flipped a few times but he flew clear of it.
Merrill

ROGERS
01-31-2004, 08:58 AM
I picked mine up from Springfield on Thursday. Going to go to the track (here in Tulsa) today and see how it fares.:muscle: :D :D :D

-Josh

ml450r
02-01-2004, 10:17 AM
I was told tues or wed it would be here./

kbass24emtp
02-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Twin City Honda in Festus got one in on Friday. My dealer and every other dealer I called still had no idea when they were comming in. My guess is sometime this week. I hope my quad will come in before all the goodies I bought.

TDBRPH
02-02-2004, 09:03 PM
ML450R

which bike broke the swingarm?

kbass24emtp
02-03-2004, 12:26 PM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
finally came in today. going to pick it up after wife gets off work.

dmackesty
02-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Where is Villa Ridge and what dealership are you goin through? Also jgfarmsracer have you heard anything from dick's yet? Im hoping mine will be here soon. Jeremiah told me it should be in by the 4th and i heard they hit dealerships in KC last week. Im still waiting and i hate it.

Bad Habit
02-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Some dealer in KC got one last week, I saw it on the trailer but I don't kno which dealer it was headed for.

Freedom Cycles in south KC just called me and said their first one just hit their dock. The salesman even told me that they have not called the owner yet so if I wanted to come check it out to get up there. :huh If it's someone's on here, sorry dude. Sounds like Freedom is pimping out your bike. Hopefully they wipe all the *** marks off the seat before you go pick it up.

kbass24emtp
02-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Villa Ridge is in Franklin County about 15 miles west of Six Flags down I-44. I got it from Unique Powersports in Sullivan further down 44. Also St. Louis Honda Dave Mungunast got one in yesterday, and Chesterfield Valley Powersports got one in on Sat. both are in St. Louis County

dmackesty
02-03-2004, 02:44 PM
ML450R cracked the swingarm on his yfz. There was a pic on www.level3atvracing.com but im not sure if it is still there. It is under the caption contest. It looks pretty bad.

ml450r
02-03-2004, 04:05 PM
The YFZ broke the swingarm, I have a RPM swingarm on it now with a tapered round house carrier, wish I would have bought a Houser.....

Alex654
02-03-2004, 04:27 PM
How many of you guys are gonna race in the Hare Scrambles this year? I have 2 cousins that race and one of them went to the Yamaha from his 440ex. And i cant believe he did it after having so much luck with his Hondas. I would like to race in one this year to see if i like. I would like to get my 400 payed off and get a 450r though.

jgfarmsracer
02-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by dmackesty
Hey jgfarmsracer have you got your call yet? I heard that some dealers in the city got theirs today! I was just wondering because i am guessing that you are number one on the list. When you do get post some pics would you. Are you racing mx or cross country?

yes i got the call today goin in tomorrow night

and yes i'm runnin xc, GNCC style and possibley the iowa series

jf265
02-03-2004, 08:51 PM
I picked mine up today at Neosho power sports. Didnt get to ride it much since we didnt get home till 8 tonite. Kinda hard to start but it made an hour ride home in the back of the truck and it was cold. Only thing i know for sure it doesnt turn near as sharp as my predator and first gear is really tall. Hope i dont stall it much so I dont have to kick it to much.

TDBRPH
02-03-2004, 09:20 PM
ml450r

I hear RPM makes great stuff why the 2nd thoughts? What makes Houser a better arm? I assume that was from MX'ing ?

Thanks

Triston

kbass24emtp
02-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Finally got it home. Start great on 2nd kick. Only one big problem. It's too darn quiet!!!! Guess I'm use to my old EX with the Sparks pipe. Don's have the HRC kit on it yet maybe it will sound better with the new exhaust tip? I will say one thing, everyone is right it does look better in person. what little I rode it impressed me alot. can't wait for the weather to get better so I can break it in.:D :D :D :D :D :devil:

jf265
02-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Man this sucks. Got to pick it up last night but couldnt bring it home. Had to leave it at a friends house due to my PU being to small to put it in the bed. Dont sound like were going to get much riding time in Missouri either they are calling for 5 to 8 inches of snow tonite. Maybe should have got a sled instead.

ml450r
02-04-2004, 06:40 AM
Mx caused the swingarm to break. RPM makes great products, especially axles. The problem I have with the swingarm is the way the design the tapered round house carrier to be used. You have to turn the rotor around and therefore the axle lock nut set screw screws into the threads on the axle. I know that doesn't sound to but I am very particular about my bikes.
As far as houser goes I have always ran houser swingarms and a-arms, they always looked like they were well crafted. Never broke a houser arm. I have broke many other arms. I'm not saying the RPM will break, but time will tell.
Merrill

TDBRPH
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Merrill,

Thanks for taking the time to post that info..... It is always good to hear honest evaluations on products. Keep us posted on how the RPM treats you ......

Keep the rubber side down

Triston

TDBRPH
02-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Almost forgot what a-arms and shocks are you running up front ?

Triston

ml450r
02-04-2004, 12:05 PM
All my bikes have Houser long travel a-arms and axis shocks.

motomechanic
02-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Hey, jf265
What dealer did you get your 450r from and where in SW Missouri do you ride

ml450r
02-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I got my 450r today, rode it on my practice track for about 20 minutes. Drag raced my YFZ(HMF pipe, no air lid)about a dozen times, TRX is in my garage getting HRC kit installed right now.
Would you believe thye TRX won every drag race....
It did but it was all traction, the YFZ is without a doubt faster.
The powerband is much easier to ride and get to the ground. I think with the HRC cam and a full system HMF pipe it will be as fast as my YFZ.
I know that I will be racing the honda in pro pruduction in the CAATV mx series.
Merrill

kbass24emtp
02-04-2004, 06:40 PM
How hard was it to install the HRC kit. I was planning on installing mine myself. My only concern is the cam everything else looks very easy.

ml450r
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I started installing the cam about 7, it's 9 now and I have already installed the cam, jet, needle, and baffle. Oh and I have been riding it for about a half hour. The hard part was the needle in the carb. The cam wasn't bad, the intake side needs .006 clearance, exhaust .011. when I was done, the exhaust valves were .012 and .013. I didn't have any shims to change it though. The auto decompression had alot of loctite on it and did't want to come out easy.
The HRC kit makes the bike run alot better. Everyone has been hyping all the low end. I haven't felt it yet. The HMF is supposed to make alot of low end torque. It will be a week or so before I see it though.
Merrill

jgfarmsracer
02-04-2004, 08:32 PM
got it tonight and i like it but first gear is a high one front is a little light, Love that motor

jf265
02-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey MotoMechanic I got my 450r at Neosho Powersports in Nesoho Mo. I dont believe they have their second one sold yet. We just mostly ride out here on the farm in mo. Have been at deepwater, and a place over by ozark mo. Cant remember the name of the place. Lots of trails though. Mostly we go to little sahara when we get the chance. Dragging in the sand is the best.

JonC30
02-05-2004, 03:52 PM
I was at Central Cycle today in West Plains and they had one in. It was already sold but they brought it up to the front so I could see it. I disagree with Dirt Wheels saying that it looks bad. I liked the looks of it very well. Also, they said to check the OTD price before you buy from Pro Cycle b/c it might end up being more.

motomechanic
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
I just got home with my TRX 450R. I don't know if it was because
it was sitting outside and was cold but it did not start as easy as I thought it would.(4th or 5th kick) I got it from Procycle the O.T.D. price was $6128.00 including everything. Although I feel I got a good price and my salesman was nice (Richard) I do not know if I would go back. The parts people are so incompentent I had to find the spark plug number from my owners manual and they had to find a service guy to get the right oil filter. They did have four models that were not sold yet.

I think if I could do it over I would pay $372 more and go to Skyline Yamaha/Honda in St. Roberts. Where the staff is involved in the sport and act like they care.

moto50
02-06-2004, 02:12 PM
I will be riding my brand new TRX440R Cannondale.
As soon as Jeremy gets my Subframe and gastank done.

Hey Merrill Did your 400EX a arms work on the 450R?

ml450r
02-06-2004, 03:55 PM
No , Honda spread the lower arm a little wider, the upper would bolt on though. So you dale will be a walsh? Is Jeff getting a yfz?
Are you still going to St.louis now that it is TT, I'm not.
Merrill

motomechanic
02-06-2004, 04:01 PM
I have some pics of me riding my 450r (nothing special a small jump and a wheelie in the snow) if someone can post them for me I will email them to you

Sandragggen
02-06-2004, 11:39 PM
I went to Dave Mungenast last Saturday and asked the sales guy if they got any in yet and he said no. I snooped around back and found one. I'm sure it's already sold but it kinda cracked me up that sales didn't even know that they had one. Oh well....they are here.

JMiller

kbass24emtp
02-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Sandragggen

I spoke to Tom and he said that they are getting ten, and the first seven are sold.

moto50
02-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Merrill
Jeremy is building the subframes and gastanks to convert the dale to 250r plastic.
Jeff is not getting a YFZ.
No I am not going to St. Louis.
Later