PDA

View Full Version : plastics

fmf400ex03
01-27-2004, 11:15 AM
i want an orange plastics and i want to by a carbonfiber hood for it any 1 know were i could get them and some 1 said that mayer makes them but the rears are real weak and flex alot and to the point were they hit u through thebumps so if any 1 could help me out greatly apreciated

01-27-2004, 11:28 AM
you can buy fender brackets for the rear to not flap or you can easily make your own. as for maier, they are good but dont always mount up great with the full plastics...id rccommend a racecut but they take away your headlights....if you have the money i'd get fullbore, they take away your headlights too..:confused:

fmf400ex03
01-27-2004, 11:42 AM
i dont care about head lights all i want is orange race cut with a carbon fiber hood i dont know the name its like a cowl hood with the square hole in the front

NacsMXer
01-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Its very simple: You can buy the new glossy finish orange Maier race cut plastics which are a bit thicker and stronger than the old matte finish plastics. As long as you properly set up the L-bracketry on the rear fenders, you should have no problems with the fenders flopping around too much. I have the thinner matte-finish blue Maier plastics and they hardly flopped at all after I put the L-brackets in.

As far as the hood goes, the one you are describing is the 250R carbon fiber scoop hood from Quadtech. It comes in either traditional carbon fiber, blue carbon, or red carbon. You also have the choice of the new 400EX scoop hood, but most people prefer the looks of the 250R scoop.

I hope I helped ya out a bit there.

fmf400ex03
01-27-2004, 12:05 PM
nacsmxr will the 250r hood just bolt up to the maier

NacsMXer
01-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I have not personally done this mod to my quad so I dont exactly know what is involved. Ive seen it done a million times so its relatively simple to do.

Don't quote me on this, but on the underside of the Quad Tech 250R hood, there may be 4 mounting tabs with holes in them. If I was doing the mod to my quad, I would just mark the holes with a marker on the Maier plastics, drill four holes and install four bolts, washers, and lock nuts on the underside to keep it clean looking.

Its relatively easy to do, but isnt made for the quad so its not going to fit perfectly if you know what I mean. You have to sort of make it fit.

NacsMXer
01-27-2004, 12:20 PM
One more thing: If you want a Quad Tech hood specifically designed for the 400EX plastics that will bolt up perfectly with instructions just go for the 400EX hood. Its a little different looking than the 250R but the preference is all up to you. Check out http://www.quadtech-atv.com