PDA

View Full Version : kill switch

yamblaster200
01-27-2004, 11:13 AM
I know this has been posted to death...but i have a question.
I installed my pro design kill switch exactly like it said in this link.
http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign/
after installing it i checked to make sure it worked and it didnt.
i checked to make sure there was a connection with the wires and the splice i put in cut into both wires. why isn't it working and is there a better way to do it?

honduh440
01-27-2004, 11:53 AM
did u start the bike up and pull the kill switch because it will still try to start with it not in also u said u had it spliced into both wires? one wire goes to the black one with yellow or white line i belive and the other one is grounded out i groudned mine to the bolt that has the plastics mount

JDiablo
01-27-2004, 02:21 PM
make sure your ground wire to your frame is good,you have to have a good connection to the metal of the frame and with the spilcing of the wire it is a yellow/black wire i belive and make sure you twist it up all good in there some electircal tape and you should be good bro,mine worked and im a first timer,lol not no more tho,professinal/master mechanic,electriction(sp) lol

yamblaster200
01-27-2004, 10:58 PM
I was playing with it and took the splicer off...started it without the tether in and tried touching the long wire from the kill switch to the bare copper of the black/yellow wire. Then my black/yellow wire broke cuz of how thin it is and i tried to use a regular splicer, so since i have to strip it and reconnect it anyways, i'll splice the kill wire into it and try it again. My ground (the shorter wire) is connected to the fender bracket. I stripped it back mabe quarter to half inch and loosened my fender bracket. Then put the bare wire between the bracket and the frame and retightened it. Either it's not suppose to be spliced into the black with yellow stripe wire or the splicer i bought is junk (the more likely of the two) I'm just mad now cuz the dam thing won't run at all (broke my black wire.) I'll mess with it in the morning. one more question...if i wrap all the wires by hand...(one from the kill switch and black/yellow) and just use black tape on them will I have problems with water getting into it and shorting my quad out? (doing this to race hare scrambles)

honduh440
01-28-2004, 01:02 PM
mine is just on with elect. tape and ive had it for more then a year on this bike ive had no problems at all and ya its the black wire with the yellow stripe i just looked at mine if i was you i woudl throw that splicer out and tie them together and tape

yamblaster200
01-31-2004, 04:22 PM
I found my prob. i didnt have it grounded. thought i could ground to the frame under the fender bracket but found out the frame don't ground it so i had to ground it to the bolt that holds that same bracket on.

JDiablo
01-31-2004, 08:20 PM
lol,at least does it wrk now?and if it does good job