PDA

View Full Version : ITP Holeshot question

300exOH
01-27-2004, 09:19 AM
I have a set of Holeshots that we put on my wife's trailblazer. We bought them less than a year ago and they have almost no hours on them. We have used them maybe 25 hours total. I bought them from Magic Racing for my wife's B-day and when we got them one tire was cupped from edge to edge and the other was flat across. (In other words one tire is low in the center) I contacted Magic racing and they sent us a new one and took the old one back. Magic said the 2 tires weren't matched because one had "A' ad the other had "B" on the sidewall. They then sent one to match. The new one was still cupped. I figured that over time it would relax with use and proper air pressure but it hasn't. It seems to affect the handling because the one tire isn't totally contacting the ground. I have checked the air pressure and it has been the same for each tire(4-5 lbs).

Has anyone else had this problem with Holeshots?

It really bugs me because it always looks and handles like it has a low tire???

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

jtej
01-27-2004, 10:29 AM
I don't know how to help you but we have had the same problem with the ITP mud lites not having the same shape but with the same air pressure.

300exOH
01-27-2004, 10:38 AM
It's like one tire was on it's side at the bottom of the pile. I have tried air pressures from 3lbs. all the way to 10lbs. and one tire still looks low in the center.:(

I like the tires except for that. Anyone else have any input? Anyone know what causes this? Were they overinflated when they were installed?

If I have to I'll sell these and get something else but it'll cost me.:( :grr:

Thanks for any help.

redrunner
01-27-2004, 10:44 AM
Call and voice your complaints again to them or get ahold of our new site sponser (hint, hint) see what they say.

300exOH
01-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Call and voice your complaints again to them or get ahold of our new site sponser (hint, hint) see what they say.

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I was hoping they(ITP) would take notice and make a suggestion as to what I can do. It has been a year since I bought the tires but they only have a few miles on them. I am honestly very happy with the tires and I figured they would relax over time but they haven't.

QuAdEr 317
01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
this happened to my realtors i had. can you fix this?

exhotdog
01-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Hey ITP man, is there anybody out there?

:eek:

300exOH
01-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Someone please help:confused: :confused: :confused:

300exOH
01-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Good news everyone! I just got off the phone with ITP and they are sending me a new tire free of charge to replace the bad one.
:D

They had nothing but great things to say about the site and Harlen too!:o :cool:

I'm glad to see that there are businesses still willing to help out the consumer. Thanks ITP!

Oh and thanks for the suggestion redrunner:D

redrunner
01-28-2004, 10:13 AM
:)

markk
01-29-2004, 11:17 AM
i thought that same thing about my Holeshot XCT's but when i went riding one day i hit a ?tree/somthing? and i busted the tire off of the rim, Well come to find out that i didnt get he bead seated before, i put 36PSI in them like they said to the max, but it didnt seat, so the next day i took my tiers off, and i had to but a little over 65 PSI in my holeshots to get them on the rim correct, with some dawn soap

i dont know if this will solve your problem, but if not id try to run them with about 10 psi or so for a couple easy rides then see!

sry if u read all this and it didnt help!

hondarider2006
01-29-2004, 02:05 PM
I can't get my XCR's bead to set all the way eaither. the outside of the rear tires will set, but only half of the inside will. They will still hold air, but the other day when I was riding the bead broke and yeah...ride got a little wicked. I tried with about 30lbs of air, and they won't go back on. I am going to try some soap and water and about 60lbs or air, hopfuly that will do that trick;)

Quadfather
01-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I've never had nothing but problems with Holeshots. Same with my riding buddies. We all switched to Maxxis Razrs, and never had another tire related problem since.

My new V Force came stock with Holeshots. I rode it once around the block, took off the Holeshots, and put new Razrs all around.

01-29-2004, 04:38 PM
my friends bead wont stay on ythe rim either.....i'll never go with the holeshots...im prob gonna get 22" razrs or klaws on my rears

hondarider2006
01-29-2004, 05:46 PM
the rims that these tires came off of where from a raptor, and they never came off......as soon as it warms up I am gonna try to get them to set. In the mean time...it can sit out in the -35 degree weather:devil:

300exOH
02-05-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm happy to say problem solved!;)

UPS guy brought a new tire today.

Thanks ITP!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Scott

redrunner
02-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I like it, I like it alot.:cool:

hondarider2006
02-05-2004, 05:15 PM
my dad and I got the bead to set. We just deflated them all the way, broke the bead, covered the bead and rim in vasaline and used a ***** load of air and they went all the way on. So far I haven't had a problem:D

y2k400ex
02-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Take the valve out of the valve sten and use a blow gun to fill them up it lets the aire excape faster if our puting at lot of PSI in them.

Also if the tires are smashed flat from shipping take a tie down wrap it around the center of tire, that will help allot to get teh bead set

y2k400ex
02-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Take the valve out of the valve sten and use a blow gun to fill them up it lets the aire excape faster if our puting at lot of PSI in them.

Also if the tires are smashed flat from shipping take a tie down wrap it around the center of tire, that will help allot to get teh bead set