PDA

View Full Version : Pipe??

InsAyneROostin
01-26-2004, 11:59 PM
My Pro Circuit T-4 slip-on just blew to crap on saturday and i was wondering if I could ge it rebuilt, or just go and get a new pipe alltogether? I liked the power that the t-4 gave but was wondering if an HMF or a Sparks would give me more bang for the buck? or if an FMF PC4 or a WB E-sSeries would be better...any help would be awesome.:confused:

400exrules
01-27-2004, 12:51 PM
HMF is more bang for the buck than a t-4
sparks is great also

i would just get the hmf, i think you'll be happier with it

sandspanker
01-27-2004, 06:00 PM
:p check on the yoshimura comp. exhaust has a spark arrester and had 2 different baffles to adjust the sound. love mine passes the sound test with no baffle at 96db, also makes great pwr all the way through the pwr band.:D

nikejoe
01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
If you are looking for a pipe for a 400ex and you want an unbiased opinion Check out this link:

http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

Rico Posted it originally and it is in FAQ. It is worth a look!!! The first part is kind of boring, but the second half shows you the hp's each pipe gave a stock 400ex in a test situation! Check it out!!!

Now a Biased opinion would be for me to tell you WB E-series!!!
I just bought one, but really don't even have it installed yet???? :macho

exboy400
01-27-2004, 06:20 PM
LRD all the way dude

crashinmatt
01-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by InsAyneROostin
My Pro Circuit T-4 slip-on just blew to crap on saturday and i was wondering if I could ge it rebuilt, or just go and get a new pipe alltogether?

my question is, what happened to it? did all the packin blow out? or did the whole pipe bust apart? if the packin came out i would say repack it, and keep usin it. if the thing busted up, then i believe it would be best to get anothe rpipe, whether it bein a different pipe, or another t-4.

InsAyneROostin
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
The whole pipe busted at the spot welds inside and just started sliding apart. I mean it won't budge or anythign but it looks nasty, i took it to our local cycle shop (D&S Cycle) and had them check it out. they told me to come back tomorrow for the deal on it or some$hit. i've been hearin good things about LRD but some people at Sandlake had LRD's on their z-kwads and they were LOUD. i mean to the point of earsplitting loud over the roar of my PC. but hey it sounded good. I think i'll go for the HMF full system...what about jetting req's? if you could post them or give me a site with them on it i'd be appreciative. Thanks y'all.

InsAyneROostin
01-27-2004, 09:23 PM
What do you guys think of the DG Xcellerator pipe? is it good? does it suck? low quality? cause my friend has one and says it rocks but i want other opinions too. let me know, PEACE!:D

hondarider2006
01-27-2004, 10:39 PM
I would say the HMF or Sparks. Anything DG in my opinion sucks....;)

nofearhonda
01-27-2004, 10:40 PM
i got a FMF PC4 and power bomb header pipe. i will let go for a verry good price. the silencer is 2 years old but in good condition, the header is only 6 months old.let me know

InsAyneROostin
01-28-2004, 12:29 AM
I heard that some Powerbombs cracked at the bomb? but i've never seen pics so i don't know. That'd be awesome! so post pics if You can. Peace.