PDA

View Full Version : Insurance..

dbsbl1
01-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Just curious how many people on here insure their quads. I've got basically full coverage (comp/collision/liability) on my 400 through my renter's insurance policy. My bro's got liability on his 300.

The rest of the guys I ride with don't have insurance. :(

K_lvl_K
01-26-2004, 11:46 PM
I also have basically full coverage on mine. The finance company said i had to, otherwise i wouldnt have any at all.

hondarider2006
01-26-2004, 11:53 PM
I have full coverage on mine, basicaly because I had to take out a loan, and you have to have full coverage to get a loan. And on top of that my last 400 got stole...thankfuly I had full coverage on it, I would say if you don't have it GET IT!!!;)

komatsu kid
01-27-2004, 05:33 AM
i got full coverge,its only 100$ a year,i didnt want to take a chance theres to many sue happy people this days

01-27-2004, 06:19 AM
I have full coverage also.

For those that don't have it. Get it. Your home owners will NOT cover the quadif it's stolen, if it falls of a trailer goin down the road your vehicle insurance won't cover it. You will get screwed if anything happens to your quad is what it boils down too.

I had an incident with my cousin and I actually jumped on him. Hurt him and the quad pretty good..:o He lived and is now OK, he had $900 worth of damage to his quad. I paid $5 outa my pocket and my insurance fixed his quad, pretty sweet I think. My premium did not go up either.

Another example. I dropped off my first 400ex at a shop to get some motor work done. 3 hours later the building burnt to the ground with my 5 week old quad inside. The azzhole didn't have the proper insurance and I didn't have any. I lost my quad and was out $7,000. Contacted a lawyer and couldn't get anything because the ******* filed bancruptcy.

Heed my warning people. If you don't have insurance get it and don't be an example like I've been.

I've also had a quad stolen but I did have insurance on that one, luckily..:cool:

remlapr
01-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Rico - who do you have yours through? I've heard a lot of people use progressive because some Insurance companies won't insure ATV's....

zephead400ex
01-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Rico - that was inspiring:D

remlapr - I now State Farm does and is fairly cheap, I think less than $100. I have yet to get insurance on my quad but plan to do so shortly.

300exOH
01-27-2004, 10:05 AM
remlapr - I now State Farm does and is fairly cheap, I think less than $100. I have yet to get insurance on my quad but plan to do so shortly. [/B][/QUOTE]

Be careful with State Farm. They are doing away with their personal policies like atv, auto and home. Shop around if you can.
My wife works for an insurance company:D

redrunner
01-27-2004, 10:08 AM
on both and State Farm.

Quadfather
01-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Progressive Insurance = crooks.

01-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Mines thru State Farm also but it's like $200 a year for full coverage.:cool:

Here's another tid bit of info. The policy you'll get is for what the quad is worth when it's new. So if you throw on $9,000 worth of extra's your only covered for around $6,000 ( cost of new 400ex). I had to get reciepts for all my aftermarket crap and send it to my agent, after he spoke with the underwritters to see if it could even be done. Insurance is tricky so read between the lines when you do get it.

300exOH
01-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Mines thru State Farm also but it's like $200 a year for full coverage.:cool:

Here's another tid bit of info. The policy you'll get is for what the quad is worth when it's new. So if you throw on $9,000 worth of extra's your only covered for around $6,000 ( cost of new 400ex). I had to get reciepts for all my aftermarket crap and send it to my agent, after he spoke with the underwritters to see if it could even be done. Insurance is tricky so read between the lines when you do get it.

Good info!:o

01-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Good info!:o

I make it a goal to post 1 informative thing out of at least 1,000 posts that i make..:o the rest is just talkin outa ma arse...:devil:

Chanman420q
01-27-2004, 12:53 PM
i also have full coverage on mine. if it ever got stolen i would just take the money and get something diffrant.

seatec
01-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Rico is right. I have mine insured thorgh progressive for theft and liability. BUt if the quad gets stolen or other wise totalled i wont get all the bling back. i have to have at least 5 grand worth of hop-ups and then add it to the policy. Whats good about my policy is that if an uninsured rider totals my quad i also get payed. May be standard but i like it because most riders are not insured. I bet that sometime in the future it will become mandatory.

Quadfather
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I recently added my V Force to my policy with Markel. The lady informed me that they automatically add $500 to the value for aftermarket items. I've already added about $3000 in aftermarket parts, so I'm going to call them and up the value.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Progressive, or just me?

K_lvl_K
01-28-2004, 04:21 AM
I use progressive but I hate paying lump summs so I pay it monthly. As of right now ( knock on wood ) I have not had to use the insurance so I dont know how they are going to be . I do know that they were cheaper by about $300 / year then the other insurance company I was looking into. But I am pretty lucky I guess, with my finance company if the bike gets stolen and is not recovered or is trashed when recovered then they pay the balance on my loan and will give me $1000 to put down on a new one. :devil: