PDA

View Full Version : looking for some shocks

duncanrider
01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
What kind of shocks work good for haresramble racing or gncc racing that are still affordable but good. and does any one have some shocks for sale, if so then you might tell me what they are and how much you might take for them.

01-26-2004, 09:34 PM
find some super cheap works shocks w/ rezzies on ebay...the get them & send them & your rear shock to get revalved for your weight & riding specifications & everything will work perfect. I recommend santo derisi. I just had him do my shocks & they are amazing now

QuadJunkies
01-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by duncanrider
What kind of shocks work good for haresramble racing or gncc racing that are still affordable but good. and does any one have some shocks for sale, if so then you might tell me what they are and how much you might take for them. you should post this in the Wanted section along wiht some of your questions in the steering and susp. Section.......;)

duncanrider
01-28-2004, 10:26 AM
so works shcks with rezzies arew good ive gott some friendsthat run axis shocks, they race pro class in the missouri harescrambles.

QuadJunkies
01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
so works shcks with rezzies arew good ive gott some friendsthat run axis shocks, they race pro class in the missouri harescrambles. they suit my needs, Im not any BIG sick air jumper I likethem so far...There good for someone on a budjget, I bought mine off someone who does some good jumping and he was happy with them:) If I had the dough, I prol. would have went with TCS but the Works tripple rates/Rezzies are good.....

hosted
01-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Works shocks will work fine in my opinion. Axis and pep are better shocks, but it usually depends on how much cash you want to spend.

duncanrider
01-28-2004, 10:55 AM
that sounds like they are a descent shock do you have any trouble with them whenthey warm up or when you rebild them

QuadJunkies
01-28-2004, 11:09 AM
nope. No probelems. Just whatever you get, make sure you get them with Rezzies......;) I see the Works for Sale in the For Sale Section all the time, you should go check it out!!

duncanrider
02-01-2004, 08:34 AM
:devil: how much did you pay for your works shocks, and where did you find them at, were they used?

Dave400ex
02-01-2004, 10:30 AM
I would go with the Works. I think new they are around $500, but I'm sure C&D would be cheaper. If not, find a used set and send them to Santo!

240GNCC400
02-01-2004, 05:17 PM
if you can afford it go with elka. they are a ton better than works. definately cost more but worth every penny. if you are looking for a used set i think GNCCer might still be selling his

duncanrider
02-01-2004, 08:37 PM
who has the shocks? do you know how much he would want for them? you might have this person post what he has, or tell me a little more about the shocks, if he hasnt already in the for sale section that is. you might have him pm me if he wants to sell them. you might also relay a message to me from him if he's not an ex riders member.

duncanrider
02-02-2004, 08:34 PM
i found some shocks on ebay they are fox shocks with rezzies. does any one know any thing about them? the guy says they have 8 different preload settings on them. not too sure about them but i could be wrong though. they are currently $117.50, is this a good deal.

guedo
02-02-2004, 09:17 PM
If you have a 400ex, I have what you need.

triple rate SSD with remote rezzies, compression adj. for the front. $650
dual rate SSD with remote rezzy, compression and rebound adj. rear. $650 also have a softer spring with this.

Set up for XC and a 180lb. rider. stock bike.

QuadJunkies
02-03-2004, 12:16 AM
i found some shocks on ebay they are fox shocks with rezzies. does any one know any thing about them? the guy says they have 8 different preload settings on them. not too sure about them but i could be wrong though. they are currently $117.50, is this a good deal. We have Fox onthe Predaotr and they are great sofar.. hmmmm seems a little too cheap though IMo, sounds a little fishy. my advice would be to keep a lookin;)