PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever frozen their ears like..solid!?!?!

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Cuz today I went snowmobiling in -20C weather w/ only a beanie on my head (I forgot my helmet, couldn't find it..) and I was only gone for 30-40 mins, and when I came back, my ears were frozen solid, like I mean...solid, well the top part. And that was at 4:00 and then they went into really burny sensation after I warmed up and it hurt so bad, I was crying. Its 11:25 now, and their really swollen and throbbing and mom took me to the doctors and they said that its good that their throbbing, cuz it means blood's gettin to them, so they rn't gonna fall off!!!!!! lmao! The nurse put some cream on them for burns though.
But they hurt so bad...anyone ever had this happen!?!?!?! If so...when did they swellin go down!?!?:huh

MILF_HUNTER
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
i have frozen my ears. was young and not so smart. the swelling will never go down and you will be like that for the rest of your life.

just kidding. but yea they will be fine. hell i froze 2 layers of skin on my nose and cheeks. they were blackish purple for awhile till they healed. moral of the story. dont go snowboarding in the backcountry on a pow day in -30 C.

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
i have frozen my ears. was young and not so smart. the swelling will never go down and you will be like that for the rest of your life.

HOLY CRAP U SCARED THE CHIT OUTA ME!!!!! :eek2: I was seriously like :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
I told mom if they end up fallin off or they stay swollen...I'm gettin plastic surgery on them and she agreed haha.
So about how long does it take to go down???:confused:

MILF_HUNTER
01-26-2004, 08:34 PM
ahahahaha rotfl

probably a couple of days at the most.
the only advice i can give is keep putting the burn cream on it and dont pick at them. and of course you will freeze your ears twice as easy now that they have been forzen once. trust me.

stupid driver
01-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Frost bite sucks big time. When your havin a bunch of fun, you arent thinkin about how cold you actually are, then it hits ya like a bomb. Ive seen quite a few REALLY bad cases of frost bite, and thats enough to make me bundle up.

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by MILF_HUNTER
you will freeze your ears twice as easy now that they have been forzen once. trust me.

Damnit:grr:

Yea, I was goin, and I was about 15 mins from comin home, and I had touched my ears for a min and I couldn't feel them and I was like "craaaaaaaap". So then...I think I did the stupid thing (in my dads words anyways) I gunned it so I would get home faster...don't think that improved the situation much, lol.

And thanks Milf for relieving me some!!! I'll be wearin my beanie mostly all day at school tomorrow, know that for sure...but its funny, cuz my ears still stick out some threw that...I'm gonna look drop dead sexi w/ mah monkey ears! ;) haha...oh god, things u gotta learn the hard way, lol

Oh and btw, they didn't let me keep the burn cream. They jus stuck it on, they weren't sure if it was gonna help or not, lol

MILF_HUNTER
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
id talk to a pharmacy to see if you can get some of that cream because because not only does it help with the healin it makes it feel less irritated and painfull.

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:43 PM
okie, i'll see if I can tomorrow. Pharmacy aint open at almost midnight;) haha. Would polyspourne (sp) or anything like that help?? Or that old white cream stuff in the blue can w/ the dude on the front? (can't remember what its called)

batgeek
01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
peeling the dead skin is the best part!!!

and yeah, you'll freeze em alot easier now. and they get really sensitive any time its cold. i suggest investing in a nice set of earmuffs and lots of beanies! :D

mine were swollen for 3 days, and then...well they started seeping. ewww.

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Mine don't have no dead skin...yet? Will they start gettin all icky? The nurse said they will probably start peeling like a sun burn:confused:

And I got enuf beanies...well 2, but I theif my boyfriends sometimes, so its all good, lol:blah:

batgeek
01-26-2004, 08:52 PM
yeah, they'll prolly discolor over the next couple of days.

basically the skin that froze is dead. it'll dry up and you can peel it off!! wheeeeee! :D

blondie69
01-26-2004, 08:53 PM
eeeeeeeeeewwwww!!!

Takin it this is gonna be alota fun?:confused: Haha

Quad18star
01-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Gotta love frost bite .... as said before ... they'll freeze twice as fast now. Ive frozen them before and the pain is killer when they unthaw . As long as you let them unthaw by themselves without any hot water ... it should take a few hrs for it to get back to normal . Just count urself lucky they didnt turn black .... would suck to have no more ears !!!

blondie69
01-26-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah!! Thank goodness they didn't. I woulda cried, lmao. And a few hrs...its been about 8hrs and there's not much difference:blah: Haha.
ANYWAYS, thanxs for the advise guys! Wish me luck that they get better!:p I'm off to bed now, night! (Oh this is gonna be so much more fun...hurts to lay on them ha)

jtej
01-26-2004, 09:40 PM
my hands and feet got like that last thanksgiving, i couldn't feel my feet for like 2 hours then it felt like i was stepping on needles. No fun at all. Now whenever it drops below like 35 my feet get so cold or just go numb.

quads_4_life
01-27-2004, 05:20 AM
once i froze my hands and it was very painfull while they were warmig up:( not frost bite thought:)

chucked
01-27-2004, 08:01 AM
i got frostbite on my chin right now

xr50layke
01-27-2004, 11:39 AM
i went snowmobiling last week -20 in a blizzard and snow got in my boots/lower leg and i didnt feel it. came back to the house half an hour later and i couldnt feel the specific part of my leg :(. no pain though! GET BETTER TEGAN :D

KASCHAK
01-27-2004, 04:23 PM
ouch.. i hope you get bettter. i think i had frostbite once. but i didnt get all back thankg god.

PHAT400
01-27-2004, 05:01 PM
http://www.siberiagym.com/frost-bite-hands.jpg

Here you go sweety..... Frost bite sucks... :eek2:

For pete's sake, be careful next time..

Deno

blondie69
01-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Ouch! That looks like it hurt!

My ears didn't go black (LUCKLILY!!) and the swelling's gone down (some) their jus really tender haha. Mild frostbite maybe?:confused: haha

LTandRaptorider
01-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Ouch! That looks like it hurt!

My ears didn't go black (LUCKLILY!!) and the swelling's gone down (some) their jus really tender haha. Mild frostbite maybe?:confused: haha

Dammit Tegan, how are you going to shovel my snow if you go and get frostbite?? :grr: Ok, I'll do it this time... :rolleyes:

Glad it ain't worse kiddo, take care. And for god's sakes, cover up ALL exposed areas next time ya go out in da cold! ;)