PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Oversteering

countypark
02-24-2002, 07:36 PM
I was looking at another persons 300EX today and I noticed that his steering stops were not stopping the wheel soon enough when he turned to the right thus causing his a-arm and wheel to rub. I also noticed this on my 300 which I put the 400EX a-arms and shocks on. I am developing stops for mine which I thought was because of the 400 A-arms and tierods but apparently this is a common problem even with stock a-arms and shocks. Do any of you 300EX owners notice this on yours?

330exracer
02-24-2002, 07:58 PM
only time my that happened with me is when my friend flip on a hill climb and when it fliped it fell on the wheel and the a arms and tied rods got stuck i think if i remember right. something got stuck any how much for the kit?

countypark
02-24-2002, 11:17 PM
The kit will be less then $125 and will include steering stops.

kc 300EX
02-25-2002, 01:15 PM
I have this problem on my 300, I think Honda messed up on the stops on the steering stem, the bottom of the boldt on the tie rod hits my a arm when i turn right, buts its tuening left, I dunno, I think it was just a stupid mistake they made puttin it together

countypark
02-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Well I think it has been confirmed that Honda messed up on the steering stops. The stops that I am making will require the user to drill a small pilot hole in each side of the steering stem stops (which you should be able to do without removing the stem, you might have to take your shocks of though) but if you are replacing the a-arms and shocks anyhow, it won't be that big of a deal to drill the holes.. Then I will supply self tapping screws to hold the stops on. Since this problem varies quad to quad the user may have to grind down the thickness of my stops to custom fit their quad. This can be done with a pair of vise grips and a standard bench grinder.